ADVERTISEMENT

End of Covid debate

Cephusdawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2018
Comer, GA
We have been told for almost two years now that Covid is a death sentence for the elderly, those with pre-existing conditions, etc.
However, after this week’s news, I don’t feel ashamed to be such a selfish, unvaxed, unmasked killer anymore. Why?
At the age of 82, David Allan Coe is home resting after his release from the hospital with Covid. If there ever was someone that checked the box for everything that should kill them (without having the virus), this would be him. Maybe the treatment protocols should include George Dickle, acid, and prison tattoos.
I saw him for the first time in 1997 and said “this guy will be dead soon”. Glad DAC is ok....great in-person show, by the way.

We have been told for almost two years now that Covid is a death sentence for the elderly, those with pre-existing conditions, etc.
However, after this week’s news, I don’t feel ashamed to be such a selfish, unvaxed, unmasked killer anymore. Why?
At the age of 82, David Allan Coe is home resting after his release from the hospital with Covid. If there ever was someone that checked the box for everything that should kill them (without having the virus), this would be him. Maybe the treatment protocols should include George Dickle, acid, and prison tattoos.
I saw him for the first time in 1997 and said “this guy will be dead soon”. Glad DAC is ok....great in-person show, by the way.
Went to see the original Outlaws Line-up, DAC and Hank Jr in 1985. They did it as a Rock show. Hank Jr cranked into Skynyrd - On the Hunt and brought the house down. When the opening band is the original line-up of The Tampa Guitar Army up there cranking Green Grass & High Tides and DAC and Hank were still to come, you knew you were in for a good night.

I think the ticket was $8 bucks, festival seating.

Went to see the original Outlaws Line-up, DAC and Hank Jr in 1985. They did it as a Rock show. Hank Jr cranked into Skynyrd - On the Hunt and brought the house down. When the opening band is the original line-up of The Tampa Guitar Army up there cranking Green Grass & High Tides and DAC and Hank were still to come, you knew you were in for a good night.

I think the ticket was $8 bucks, festival seating.
DAC and Bocephus are the two best live shows that I’ve ever seen. Whether you like their music or not, it’s still entertaining. Coe played a show at a “mom and pop” dive in my home county when I was in high school. The sound system was horrible and he was pissed. He played 2 songs, sat his guitar down, and walked off the stage. His band kept playing and a few minutes later his bus was pulling out of the driveway.....he was gone!

And yet Covid took John Prine. As great as David Allan Coe is, I consider that a net loss.

The John Prine show I saw at Chastain (a table, second row) remains one of my favorite concert memories, and I've seen some good ones.

Reactions: Cephusdawg
thumb_i-give-you-david-allan-coe-47324522.png

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
Glad Mr. Coe survived, he is a legend.

Now regarding Covid, 600,000 other Americans did not make it, so don't see how one 82 year old beating it makes any point.

So that's really how your brain works, huh?

And yet Covid took John Prine. As great as David Allan Coe is, I consider that a net loss.

The John Prine show I saw at Chastain (a table, second row) remains one of my favorite concert memories, and I've seen some good ones.
You and I don’t agree on most issues here, but we will on opinions of John Prine. Although I would prefer a Coe show, Prine was one of the best. Today, we have song writers, singers, and musicians. These two were all three.
Kids today wouldn’t believe that people used to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Neither would be my absolute favorite singer-songwriter ever. That would probably go to Robert Earl Keen. However, Coe and Prine were both excellent at what they did.

Reactions: willdup
So that's really how your brain works, huh?
From your response and liked post, I feel fairly certain that our brains don’t work anything alike.
No, I don’t really believe whiskey, hard drugs, women, and a beaded beard would cure Covid. The post was intended to show how shocked I was that he came through it ok. Sorry if it missed the mark for you.

You and I don’t agree on most issues here, but we will on opinions of John Prine. Although I would prefer a Coe show, Prine was one of the best. Today, we have song writers, singers, and musicians. These two were all three.
Kids today wouldn’t believe that people used to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Neither would be my absolute favorite singer-songwriter ever. That would probably go to Robert Earl Keen. However, Coe and Prine were both excellent at what they did.
Great american storytellers, all three of them.

Reactions: Cephusdawg
ADVERTISEMENT