ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN '25 (much, much too early) NBA Mock Draft out. Asa Newell

stick jackson

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 14, 2002
Athens
... not included on their 58 pick big Board.

($) https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/st...gg-dylan-harper-airious-bailey-lock-no-1-pick

Through the process over the past year I had seen some people I consider knowledgeable talk about him as a potential lottery pick this year, but that's not where the conventional wisdom is headed into the offseason.

Which is fine with me. This way Asa either has a solid year and comes back for a big salary drive for the '26 lottery, or he blows up so big this year that he zooms up the boards, and though we lose him after one year, what a year it turns out to be.

To be clear, yes I understand that stuff like this is slop for the little hoops piggies who can't wait to get our front legs back in the trough as soon as this year's draft is over. It is also the product of multiple hidden (at times not so hidden) agendas at ESPN, Jonathan Givony's personal politics within the NBA and college and international basketball and various other things.

Like Mel Kiper, if Givony actually knew who the best players are, he'd be running a team and win the championship every year. But he is a conduit for (and yes, shaper of) the conventional wisdom.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News