ADVERTISEMENT

Establishment GOP seems to slowly be pushing back against Trump, lets see if MAGA......

shonuff253

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 3, 2003
Clips their little insurrection against Trump and his Republican party.

Georgia's Republican governor responded to that with his own social media post declaring, "The 2020 election in Georgia was not stolen. For nearly three years now, anyone with evidence of fraud has failed to come forward -- under oath -- and prove anything in a court of law.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-le...el-press-conference-refute/story?id=102336380

Georgia's Republican governor responded to that with his own social media post declaring, "The 2020 election in Georgia was not stolen. For nearly three years now, anyone with evidence of fraud has failed to come forward -- under oath -- and prove anything in a court of law.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-le...el-press-conference-refute/story?id=102336380
Unlike the Dems, who always have a line of entitled succession that everyone is required to support, there has always been GOP who oppose Trump. This is nothing new. Have you never heard of the Lincoln Project or ppl like GWB?

Unlike the Dems, who always have a line of entitled succession that everyone is required to support, there has always been GOP who oppose Trump. This is nothing new. Have you never heard of the Lincoln Project or ppl like GWB?
As a center-right conservative, the fact that the early poll numbers still favor Trump so much is frankly shocking to me. If the goal is to actually win the presidency in 2024, I don't understand how people still think he gives the Republicans the best chance. He underperformed in 2020 in losing, and nearly his entire slate of hand-picked candidates in 2022 underperformed badly, directly costing the GOP control of the Senate. I just cannot understand the blind loyalty so many have to him. I feel that he did some great things for this country as president from a policy perspective, but he is clearly a man that is only loyal to himself at this point. That's not a recipe for winning a presidential election, even against a walking corpse like Biden or a clueless buffoon like Kamala.

As a center-right conservative, the fact that the early poll numbers still favor Trump so much is frankly shocking to me. If the goal is to actually win the presidency in 2024, I don't understand how people still think he gives the Republicans the best chance. He underperformed in 2020 in losing, and nearly his entire slate of hand-picked candidates in 2022 underperformed badly, directly costing the GOP control of the Senate. I just cannot understand the blind loyalty so many have to him. I feel that he did some great things for this country as president from a policy perspective, but he is clearly a man that is only loyal to himself at this point. That's not a recipe for winning a presidential election, even against a walking corpse like Biden or a clueless buffoon like Kamala.
Look no further than his girl Ronna & the RNC propping him up. Looks like she's personally invited his spin doctors to the debate discussion panel despite him 1) refusing to sign a loyalty pledge and 2) saying he doesn't even need to bother showing up for the debate.

Look no further than his girl Ronna & the RNC propping him up. Looks like she's personally invited his spin doctors to the debate discussion panel despite him 1) refusing to sign a loyalty pledge and 2) saying he doesn't even need to bother showing up for the debate.
There are a number of reasons why he would avoid the debate, but his current mental state is definitely one of them.

And, Liz Chaney shared a link last night to the online repository of all of the J6 hearing documents. He’s losing what little understanding of reality he had left.

• Wow
Reactions: shonuff253
There are a number of reasons why he would avoid the debate, but his current mental state is definitely one of them.

And, Liz Chaney shared a link last night to the online repository of all of the J6 hearing documents. He’s losing what little understanding of reality he had left.

That looks no different than any speech I've ever seen him give tbh

Yes because that's exactly what happened in 2008 when Hillary won the nomination right 😏

Reactions: nice marmot

Agree with most of this thread. This is the hypocrisy that literally drives me crazy. You and the libs notice that speech from trump. But pretend as five pts put it, the walking corpse is perfectly fine.

I will try to get serious for one second. No partisan stuff. I do believe that the number one requirement for president should be all faculties present. Trump will be in his 80’s soon too. Do liberals not include this as one of there presidential requirements. I want a reset. Bad. Two new candidates please, but for the love of god don’t start posting videos of trump having trouble with a speech. When he can still walk up stairs without falling. Or ride a bike without crashing. Or not fall on stage giving a commencement. Or just recently brag about having a conversation with a guy, who was already dead when he claimed to have the conversation with him. I think there are 1000 of these walking dead joe moments. Everything else is in play for you guys. That one is out of bounds if you are to keep on pretending.

My reasoning is other countries see his weakness. The saudis, the Russians, the Chinese, and now the North Koreans have missiles that can reach us. Do we want two 80 years olds making quick decisions here? One of which has surely had several mini strokes along the way.

Agree with most of this thread. This is the hypocrisy that literally drives me crazy. You and the libs notice that speech from trump. But pretend as five pts put it, the walking corpse is perfectly fine.

I will try to get serious for one second. No partisan stuff. I do believe that the number one requirement for president should be all faculties present. Trump will be in his 80’s soon too. Do liberals not include this as one of there presidential requirements. I want a reset. Bad. Two new candidates please, but for the love of god don’t start posting videos of trump having trouble with a speech. When he can still walk up stairs without falling. Or ride a bike without crashing. Or not fall on stage giving a commencement. Or just recently brag about having a conversation with a guy, who was already dead when he claimed to have the conversation with him. I think there are 1000 of these walking dead joe moments. Everything else is in play for you guys. That one is out of bounds if you are to keep on pretending.

My reasoning is other countries see his weakness. The saudis, the Russians, the Chinese, and now the North Koreans have missiles that can reach us. Do we want two 80 years olds making quick decisions here? One of which has surely had several mini strokes along the way.
Than who ever the GOP candidate is should be able to absolutely shred Biden in the debates.

Now we were told Trump was going to destroy Biden during their debates, and he didn’t.

Biden took the heckling from MTG (weirdly dressed like Cruella DeVille) and the Sedition Caucasus during the last SOTU and used it to box the GOP into not going after social security, which demonstrated a solid ability to read and react in real time.

It simple, if he’s the vege you say he is, the GOP will have more than ample opportunity to prove that during the campaign. Then the people can vote and we can all live with the results (no thanks to DJT).

And for me, the number one requirement for the POTUS is that they abide by their oath to protect and serve the Constitution.

BTW, that unwillingness to abide by the oath is what most of these Trump trials are about.

Last edited:
Reactions: nice marmot
Than who ever the GOP candidate is should be able to absolutely shred Biden in the debates.

Now we were told Trump was going to destroy Biden during their debates, and he didn’t.

Biden took the heckling from MTG (weirdly dressed like Cruella DeVille) and the Sedition Caucasus during the last SOTU and used it to box the GOP into not going after social security, which demonstrated a solid ability to read and react in real time.

It simple, if he’s the vege you say he is, the GOP will have more than ample opportunity to prove that during the campaign. The the people can vote and we can all live with the results (no thanks to DJT).

And for me, the number one requirement for the POTUS is that they abide by their oath to protect and serve the Constitution.

BTW, that unwillingness to abide by the oath is what most of these Trump trials are about.

So. You will keep on pretending. While every overseas media outlet continues to laugh at him. I will be honest. Not sure how he managed that. Good drugs. Someone in his ear. Even in the debates he showed some of it will. Numbers. Abstract thinking. When he goes off book he is screwed. It is his tell. Same with my own father. If you can’t notice this. I have no hope for you.

It also wasn’t a debate. More of a shouting match. Which any old man can still manage. He is going to get worse. These things don’t get better. The guy running against Dr oz kept it together too. You still think he is cleared for action as well.

So. You will keep on pretending. While every overseas media outlet continues to laugh at him. I will be honest. Not sure how he managed that. Good drugs. Someone in his ear. Even in the debates he showed some of it will. Numbers. Abstract thinking. When he goes off book he is screwed. It is his tell. Same with my own father. If you can’t notice this. I have no hope for you.

It also wasn’t a debate. More of a shouting match. Which any old man can still manage. He is going to get worse. These things don’t get better.
Then have your party push for removal under the Twenty Fifth amendment. Based on the accusations about his mental state it should be a layup, right?

Or, wait it out and waltz into the WH in 2024. Either way seems a win for the GOP.

Then have your party push for removal under the Twenty Fifth amendment. Based on the accusations about his mental state it should be a layup, right?

Or, wait it out and waltz into the WH in 2024. Either way seems a win for the GOP.
Not if 80 million of the country is still pretending like yourself. It won’t matter. The guy that got more votes than Obama. But couldnt draw a crowd of 100 people to hear him speak.

If he is together, why doesn’t he answer questions or do and question and answer session ever. The man is on vacation more than he works. He is the least questioned president in the history of our country. When is the last time he did anything without a teleprompter. Or a softball session? I will hang up and listen.

Last edited:
God, I love this...from the DeSantis campaign...

"Across several months, the source familiar with the campaign said that it consistently struggled to find a message critical of Trump that resonated with rank-and-file Republican voters. Even attaching Trump’s name to an otherwise effective message had a tendency to invert the results, this source said. If a moderator said that the covid lockdowns destroyed small businesses and facilitated the largest upward wealth transfer in modern American history, 70% of the Republicans surveyed would agree. But, if the moderator said that Trump’s covid lockdowns destroyed small businesses and facilitated the largest upward wealth transfer in modern American history, the source said, 70% would disagree."

DeSantis focus groups were showing him that the people he views as his natural base of support are either (a) morons or (b) cultists.

Not if 80 million of the country is still pretending like yourself. It won’t matter. The guy that got more votes than Obama. But couldnt draw a crowd of 100 people to hear him speak.

If he is together, why doesn’t he answer questions or do and question and answer session ever. The man is on vacation more than he works. He is the least questioned president in the history of our country. When is the last time he did anything without a teleprompter. Or a softball session? I will hang up and listen.
Biden got 81 million votes because of who he was running against and everything that has happened since Trump lost the election has confirmed it was the better of two bad choices.

We may be faced with the same choice in 2024.

Biden got 81 million votes because of who he was running against and everything that has happened since Trump lost the election has confirmed it was the better of two bad choices.

We may be faced with the same choice in 2024.
I think there were some other reasons you are skipping out on too. Not about anything stolen, but the extra votes happened under a different voting wild, Wild West system. I know you will not acknowledge that. But I don’t think trump was the only reason. Hope we have a different pub candidate. But who knows.

Last edited:
I think there were some other reasons you are skipping out on too. Not about anything stolen, but the extra votes happened under a different voting wild, Wild West system. I know you will not acknowledge that. But I don’t think trump was the only reason. Hope we have a different pub candidate. But who knows.
You can thank the Founding Fatherd and the Constitution for that

That goes both ways, right? It was easier to vote for both candidates.

It kills me that inherent in the stolen election accusations is the idea that any new or preexisting vulnerabilities in the voting process were unilaterally exploited by the Dems, as if the republicans are above such shenanigans.

Well, the last proven vote fraud case was Republican fraud in a NC congressional race in 2018 and its the republicans looking at multi-state felony cases for the fake elector scheme. If there were vulnerabilities in 2020 and those vulnerabilities led to fraud, it’s fair to assume it happened on both sides if it happened at all.

That Trump video looks like an AI simulation to me.

I wouldn’t pay that too much attention. Establishment repubs dislike trump as much as hardcore dems. He’s a threat to their stranglehold
On the party and population when they are in power. Both sides want power and control and trump diminishes both side’s prospect for it.

I could actually see a 3rd party coming out of this, made up of specific demographics within both parties and having some effect on elections. I don’t see that faction staying together for very long and would succumb to the powers of bother parties but it would be fun for the time which it lasted

That goes both ways, right? It was easier to vote for both candidates.

It kills me that inherent in the stolen election accusations is the idea that any new or preexisting vulnerabilities in the voting process were unilaterally exploited by the Dems, as if the republicans are above such shenanigans.

Well, the last proven vote fraud case was Republican fraud in a NC congressional race in 2018 and its the republicans looking at multi-state felony cases for the fake elector scheme. If there were vulnerabilities in 2020 and those vulnerabilities led to fraud, it’s fair to assume it happened on both sides if it happened at all.
I agree with that. The pubs aren’t above shenanigans in voting either. I think the Dems have had such a good ground game over the years that they will be the most vulnerable to fraud. Just a natural course of action. Big cities seem to have issues every single voting cycle as well.

I am not saying it was stolen. But way too many firsts happened for me to ever believe it was all on the up and up. That is just common sense.

Reactions: willdup
One can only hope....

But if it's Trump vs. Biden again, I'll pull the lever for Trump without thinking twice.

No way anyone could convince me into voting for President Joe The Amoeba......

MAGA Republicans pushing for special session...now this could be interesting if they have the necessary support, which I HIGHLY doubt they do but may be 35%. Thing is would that be enough to out pressure on Kemp to step in the way of Justice...doubtful but could disenfranchise MAGA from voting in November next year and who could blame them. They've bought into the Big Lie and want to see action.

"Gov. Brian Kemp hasn't received 'any evidence' state Sen. Moore has majority necessary for Willis impeachment"

You might as well vote for Biden or Mochelle if that is your standing.
Did you not see the policy moves Trump made that benefitted the US? They benefited us in more ways than any previous administration ever even thought to try.

You might as well vote for Biden or Mochelle if that is your standing.
Did you not see the policy moves Trump made that benefitted the US? They benefited us in more ways than any previous administration ever even thought to try.
I have said in other posts that if the choice was Trump or Biden (or really any Democrat on the national scene right now), I'm voting for Trump, and I even mentioned the great things he did for this country from a policy perspective in the post you replied to. I'm just saying that his personality alone is going to turn off a lot of people who would otherwise be inclined to happily vote for any Republican candidate, especially considering the state of the country and who they would be up against. I was not a never-Trumper, but I'm also not blind enough to see how he has turned off broad swaths of even conservatives, especially since 2020. But maybe you can't understand that.

I have said in other posts that if the choice was Trump or Biden (or really any Democrat on the national scene right now), I'm voting for Trump, and I even mentioned the great things he did for this country from a policy perspective in the post you replied to. I'm just saying that his personality alone is going to turn off a lot of people who would otherwise be inclined to happily vote for any Republican candidate, especially considering the state of the country and who they would be up against. I was not a never-Trumper, but I'm also not blind enough to see how he has turned off broad swaths of even conservatives, especially since 2020. But maybe you can't understand that.
These are the kind of posts about Trump that honestly blow my mind.

You think his “personality” is an issue for many voters and not the 91 count indictments for, among other things, conspiring to steal the last election and taking, refusing to return and lying about highly classified documents?

What if he is convicted on any of these felonies and takes the nomination? Is he still the man for the law and order party?

Trump supporters are the most vocal about their support, so those polls could be slightly skewed.

Reactions: FivePtsDawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT