ADVERTISEMENT

Ever since you've became Red Pilled,

pembrokedawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2003
Have you found it hard to enjoy movies and tv shows anymore? In the past, I used to watch a movie and just take it at face value. Nowadays, the SJW agenda ham fistedly shoe horned into story lines are JUST SO DAMN ANNOYING. I guess I better get used to independent films, because any product from Disney is going to be that way.

100% agree! There have been so many movies or series that have a decent premise and have potential to be good, but the writer’s just have to infuse their social agenda into the storyline, which 99% of the time has nothing to do with the main plot. It’s almost like the have a checklist of social issues that they have to cover so that they’ll be celebrated at their next gala. I refuse to watch. Thankfully, I’m blessed to have many hobbies and interests to turn to for entertainment.

Have you found it hard to enjoy movies and tv shows anymore? In the past, I used to watch a movie and just take it at face value. Nowadays, the SJW agenda ham fistedly shoe horned into story lines are JUST SO DAMN ANNOYING. I guess I better get used to independent films, because any product from Disney is going to be that way.
100%. I was already annoyed with the movies being made because they are all Marvel or animation. Hollywood stopped caring about making movies for the (adult) American audience a long time ago.
In the last 19 months we have given up on all tv, but for college football. (And Yellowstone.)
No tv news, no radio news, I dropped the WSJ after 25 years too.

I will say once you have been red pilled it is truly amazing how it frees up your mind to think and see what is going on immediately ie not even wading through the narrative to get to that point.

Yep. Nothing but propaganda everywhere. And don’t even get me started on the commercials. Jesus, you’d think every couple in the country were either gay or bi-racial.

Me and my wife tried to watch Chicago Med last night for the first time in a year or so. The Chicago PD, Fire , and Med used to be some of our go to shows but I couldn't get through the episode, every character had a SJW angle, it is obviously forced and makes the shows unbelievable

well, then this is really going to come as a shock:

"The red pill represents an allegory for transgender people or a story of Lana and Lilly Wachowski's history as coming out as transgender. During the 1990s, a common male-to-female transgender hormone therapy involved Premarin, a maroon tablet. Lilly Wachowski confirmed that this theory was correct in August 2020."

"The red pill represents an allegory for transgender people or a story of Lana and Lilly Wachowski's history as coming out as transgender. During the 1990s, a common male-to-female transgender hormone therapy involved Premarin, a maroon tablet. Lilly Wachowski confirmed that this theory was correct in August 2020."
You would find a tranny angle, but hey you do you.

You would find a tranny angle, but hey you do you. The rest of us will go with the Matrix.
I mean, that is science fiction fantasy written by the Wachowskis, so you essentially have put yourself in their hands.

It's just a really silly thing to admit. People laugh.

Which is not to say that Hollywood hasn't veered left in its representations. It has. But still a white man's world and white men, by and large, making those choices.

I mean, that is science fiction fantasy written by the Wachowskis, so you essentially have put yourself in their hands.

Which is not to say that Hollywood hasn't veered left in its representations. It has. But still a white man's world and white men, by and large, making those choices.
How about referring to us as AWAKENED

Reactions: WyoDawg307
Nah, it's actually part of the entertainment for me and my wife.

We play "who wrote the script" when we watch TV and movies by trying to guess not only how the story is going to play out, but predicting which characters are going to be part of what political message before it's revealed in the story.

That is a really interesting question. I was raised in an entrepreneurial family that were Georgia Pubs in the 1960s so I've lived most of my life with a free enterprise, socially tolerant attitude. I don't know if I don't watch a lot of the entertainers now because they are so socially whacked out or if it's because a lot of their stuff just isn't entertaining.

For example, I think Alec Baldwin was an amazing actor at one time and I didn't pay attention to his politics but I can't remember watching him on TV or one of his movies in yrs. He's kind of turned into a male Samantha Bee. Just shout out an insult and then laugh at your own lame attempt at a joke. By the same token, I don't think I'd laugh if James Woods got on TV and yelled out Dems are cultist and then laughed at what he thought was a joke.

I don't think there are but a very few entertainers I wouldn't watch if they were producing really smart, witty shows regardless if there was an underlying prog theme. By the same token, I'm not dying to see a movie about a female badass that spends the whole show beating up bad guys that is too fragile in her personal life to tell a guy that stares at her tits to FO and then files some sort of complaint.

You’re really just making the point that supports this whole thread you just don’t see it because you obviously chose the blue pill. No reasonable person who watched the Matrix would interpret the red pill scene to be some allegory about the experience of some tranny. But in comes the co-director to save the day and earn some liberal street cred and make up some bullshit narrative. Watching some shitty sci-fi movie doesn’t put me in anyone’s hands. They don’t control my beliefs. It’s like some crackpot artist, let’s say Hunter Biden, who pours paint on a canvas and then proceeds to tell me that the painting represents the struggle of non-binary unicorns my eyes won’t deceive me. I’ll see the paint on the canvas as what it is…just colors.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLC_Dawg
Yep. Nothing but propaganda everywhere. And don’t even get me started on the commercials. Jesus, you’d think every couple in the country were either gay or bi-racial.
Nah, it's actually part of the entertainment for me and my wife.

We play "who wrote the script" when we watch TV and movies by trying to guess not only how the story is going to play out, but predicting which characters are going to be part of what political message before it's revealed in the story.
We do the same. Every demo has to be represented. Every social justice angle has to be hit. The 911 shows are entertaining to me. I try to turn my brain off when I can watching movies or tv. Lone star and the original. I find it entertaining to predict the story lines and see what kind of different politically correct character can be introduced next. Commercials are the same way. I can’t help but laugh at some of the commercials and tv shows. If you are a 45-60 year old white male character in a commercial, there is a 90 percent chance you are playing the clueless dumbass. About insurance. Finances. Savings. Car buying. Etc. you name it. I am not saying I am not a clueless dumbass. But my demographic isn’t all that way.

You’re really just making the point that supports this whole thread you just don’t see it because you obviously chose the blue pill. No reasonable person who watched the Matrix would interpret the red pill scene to be some allegory about the experience of some tranny. But in comes the co-director to save the day and earn some liberal street cred and make up some bullshit narrative. Watching some shitty sci-fi movie doesn’t put me in anyone’s hands. They don’t control my beliefs. It’s like some crackpot artist, let’s say Hunter Biden, who pours paint on a canvas and then proceeds to tell me that the painting represents the struggle of non-binary unicorns my eyes won’t deceive me. I’ll see the paint on the canvas as what it is…just colors.
she literally conceived, wrote, directed the movie with her sibling... so the jokes on you.

BUT ... you should ask yourself why it is that most who have been "red pilled," and the passive voice is important here, are aggrieved white men, or incels, and (lesserly) angry Karens. Just saying.

Reactions: rednblack4life
she literally conceived, wrote, directed the movie with her sibling... so the jokes on you.

BUT ... you should ask yourself why it is that most who have been "red pilled," and the passive voice is important here, are aggrieved white men, or incels, and (lesserly) angry Karens. Just saying.
This right here. ^

Reactions: nice marmot

You’re obsessed with race and sexual orientation. That’s your deal. Just saying. Again, I couldn’t care less what she now says was the meaning behind the movie. No reasonable person who watches the Matrix would come away with some tranny storyline. You’re obviously not reasonable, so I get why you now believe the movie represents the plight of trannies.

You’re obsessed with race and sexual orientation. That’s your deal. Just saying. Again, I couldn’t care less what she now says was the meaning behind the movie. No reasonable person who watches the Matrix would come away with some tranny storyline. You’re obviously not reasonable, so I get why you now believe the movie represents the plight of trannies.
I am not the one that made reference to a very silly movie about a fantasy land.

It's just ironic - which is amusing - which is why I engaged at all, because there are themes in the film of transformation, most certainly, and examples of willful self deception. etx

I don't care what pills you take. I am guessing most of the grumps on here are purple pilled anyway, which explains the constant poorly expressed rage and anguish.

..for this reason I stick w/ all televised UGA sports, Turner Classic Movies, and muting all commercials. Thanks *insert company here* but I don't need to be lectured I have a j.o.b.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
If the Matrix was a tranny fantasy, they sucked at messaging. I took it to me more like an allegory of Plato's Cave, where Neo escaped the cave and saw reality for what it is. I guess if others like me missed the message, then Hollywood has decided to leave no doubt with their ham fisted wedging of SJW themes in EVERYTHING.

Reactions: Spe77
I am not the one that made reference to a very silly movie about a fantasy land.

It's just ironic - which is amusing - which is why I engaged at all, because there are themes in the film of transformation, most certainly, and examples of willful self deception. etx

I don't care what pills you take. I am guessing most of the grumps on here are purple pilled anyway, which explains the constant poorly expressed rage and anguish.
You’re arguments are lacking any sort of logic, but that’s always the case with you. What could more of a fantasy land than trannies or tranny advocates who think that a dude with twigs and berries can be a woman?

You’re arguments are lacking any sort of logic, but that’s always the case with you. What could more of a fantasy land than trannies or tranny advocates who think that a dude with twigs and berries can be a woman?
not for me to say or to judge. life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, etc.

Take the Walking Dead. Used to be a good show. Now it seems that the creators are more obsessed with all the different ways we can show diversity on screen rather than coming up with believable and good story lines. In the past, it was primarily a story of how a father and son navigate a world taken over by zombies. Now, its how an incredibly diverse group of outcast band together, led by women, battling the zombies AND the Evil Straight White Men. Hard pass from me, and most of their audience from the old days

You'd also think no white women were with black men. The bi-racial commercials mostly seem to be a black woman and a white man, who is always portrayed as a total clueless idiot. If the white man ever makes a commercial, he is always portrayed as a total cuck.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
If the Matrix was a tranny fantasy, they sucked at messaging. I took it to me more like an allegory of Plato's Cave, where Neo escaped the cave and saw reality for what it is. I guess if others like me missed the message, then Hollywood has decided to leave no doubt with their ham fisted wedging of SJW themes in EVERYTHING.
Plato's cave showed the initiates the NWO.

Reactions: blackpug6

Who cares. That's not what it means to the people that say it.

That may be what it means to the Wachowskis personally, but the literary device is owed to Lewis Carroll. The Matrix storyline is filled with Carroll and Alice in Wonderland references, including this one:

“You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Look forward to much more of that in the newest release: John Wick Sees The Matrix

I don't think Lewis Carroll was talking about trannies or drug use. He was talking about learning to deduce underlying logical truth or living with your fallacies. Carroll was fascinated with deductive logic and logical fallacies.

I can understand that the Wachowskis derive their own meaning as it relates to their lives. I don't think that means the same thing to all of us, nor should it.

Interesting (at least to me) tidbit about Alice in Wonderland. Psychologists tested adults and young children by having them read AIW and give their interpretations. The adults viewed it as a humorous fairy tale, but children saw it as a horror story.

Last edited:
100%. I was already annoyed with the movies being made because they are all Marvel or animation. Hollywood stopped caring about making movies for the (adult) American audience a long time ago.
In the last 19 months we have given up on all tv, but for college football. (And Yellowstone.)
No tv news, no radio news, I dropped the WSJ after 25 years too.

I will say once you have been red pilled it is truly amazing how it frees up your mind to think and see what is going on immediately ie not even wading through the narrative to get to that point.

previously stated.
I record and watch only vintage/classic movies that I've never seen before (or remember).
I was never a movie guy prior to All This.
agree. new stuff sucks, mostly unwatchable

Carroll was fascinated with deductive logic and logical fallacies.
and prepubescent girls. Don't forget that part.

Today Charles Dodgson would be considered a pedophile and likely in jail for some of the photographs he took (nude, full-frontal, of children).

No question the Wachowskis were deeply influenced by Carroll, as so many have been. And, to be clear, I am not one to diminish the work of an artist because of their moral/ethical/political failings of the artist him/herself. His gift of wordplay is the stuff of genius. And he clearly was a genius. Worth noting that his mathematical works are still relevant.

It's interesting to me (and relevant) that also with Dodgson/Carroll we see the artist struggling with a dual self: one, as Lewis Carroll expressing a childlike genius, having fun making fun of the "fallacies," as you put it, that society and adulthood and other systems apply as strictures as we grow up. The other - Dodgson - struggling with his own urges and, indeed, obsessed with that same childlike "innocence." No wonder his work is so darkly tormented.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zonadog

Today Charles Dodgson would be considered a pedophile and likely in jail for some of the photographs he took (nude, full-frontal, of children).

No question the Wachowskis were deeply influenced by Carroll, as so many have been. And, to be clear, I am not one to diminish the work of an artist because of their moral/ethical/political failings of the artist him/herself. His gift of wordplay is the stuff of genius. And he clearly was a genius. Worth noting that his mathematical works are still relevant.

It's interesting to me (and relevant) that also with Dodgson/Carroll we see the artist struggling with a dual self: one,,

as Lewis Carroll expressing a childlike genius, having fun making fun of the "fallacies," as you put it, that society and adulthood and other systems apply as strictures as we grow up. The other - Dodgson - struggling with his own urges and, indeed, obsessed with that same childlike "innocence." No wonder his work is so darkly tone"

interpetations taken by other's opinion,
ain't worth squat.
read/study.
form your own opinion!

we are not your fool.
it might be you?
the clue would be
that I even care for thee.

must be some patent dispute.
couldn't get Sinatra.

"half as as cold as all the people I found"...

Last edited:

This is an actual engagement in discussion, which I appreciate. No question the Wachowskis were deeply influenced by Carroll, as so many have been. And, to be clear, I am not one to diminish the work of an artist because of their moral/ethical/political failings of the artist him/herself. His gift of wordplay is the stuff of genius. And he clearly was a genius. Worth noting that his mathematical works are still relevant.

It's interesting to me (and relevant) that also with Dodgson/Carroll we see the artist struggling with a dual self: one, as Lewis Carroll expressing a childlike genius, having fun making fun of the "fallacies," as you put it, that society and adulthood and other systems apply as strictures as we grow up. The other - Dodgson - struggling with his own urges and, indeed, obsessed with that same childlike "innocence." No wonder his work is so darkly tormented.
Yeah, we have to remember the age of consent at the time was 12.

I actually used the term "fallacies" in the mathematical sense. The story is littered with logical proofs presented as stories told by various characters, but most of them draw an absurd, illogical result due to the insertion of one or more logical fallacies tied to the character's beliefs.

Yeah, we have to remember the age of consent at the time was 12.

I actually used the term "fallacies" in the mathematical sense. The story is littered with logical proofs presented as stories told by various characters, but most of them draw an absurd, illogical result due to the insertion of one or more logical fallacies tied to the character's beliefs.
Agreed.

Though I don't think we can really think of his obsessions as "normal," since most certainly it was not common at that time, eroticized as such, and since he was thought an oddball even then.

It can also be said that through his work and influence Lewis Carroll, building upon the work of Dickens, helped to create the modern notion of childhood as a protected space, so there's that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zonadog
Agreed.

Though I don't think we can really think of his obsessions as "normal," since most certainly it was not common at that time, eroticized as such, and since he was thought an oddball even then.

It can also be said that through his work (as influential within the Victorian milieu) Lewis Carroll, building upon the work of Dickens, helped to create the modern notion childhood as a protected space, so there's that.

you best leave Dickens out of you abhorant posts!
he had a hard life, while you sip tea.
go ahead,
attack Dostoevsky next...

I will crush you.
you had to look him up.

Last edited:
attack Dostoevsky next...
I wouldn't dare.

But just for fun, Vladimir Nobokov famously wrote: "In all my courses I approach literature from the only point of view that literature interests me - namely the point of view of enduring art and individual genius. From this point of view Dostoyevsky is not a great writer, but a rather mediocre one - with flashes of excellent humor, but, alas, with wastelands of literary platitudes in between."

I wouldn't dare.

But just for fun, Vladimir Nobokov famously wrote: "In all my courses I approach literature from the only point of view that literature interests me - namely the point of view of enduring art and individual genius. From this point of view Dostoyevsky is not a great writer, but a rather mediocre one - with flashes of excellent humor, but, alas, with wastelands of literary platitudes in between."

it's BS and you know it.
sounding like a familiar is you..
cadence and language.
I don't think I could be your type of fool.
tell me I'm wrong.

it's BS and you know it.
sounding like a familiar is you..
cadence and language.
I don't think I could be your type of fool.
tell me I'm wrong.
you're wrong.

That is Vladimir Nabokov: from a collection of his lecture notes, which if you like Russian literature is a must.

Couple other doozies from that piece, and I think we can agree that Nabokov's view is controversial at best (and, true to form, he was a snob about it):

"Dostoyevsky as we know is a great seeker after truth, a genius of spiritual morbidity, but as we also know he is not a great writer in the sense Tolstoy, Pushkin and Chekhov are. And, I repeat, not because the world he creates is unreal -all the worlds of writers are unreal - but because it is created too hastily without any sense of that harmony and economy which the most irrational masterpiece is bound to comply with (in order to be a masterpiece)."

And this, just because it's a great passage:

"We must distinguish between ''sentimental'' and ''sensitive.'' A sentimentalist may be a perfect brute in his free time. A sensitive person is never a cruel person."

you're wrong.

That is Vladimir Nabokov: from a collection of his lecture notes, which if you like Russian literature is a must.

Couple other doozies from that piece, and I think we can agree that Nabokov's view is controversial at best (and, true to form, he was a snob about it):

"Dostoyevsky as we know is a great seeker after truth, a genius of spiritual morbidity, but as we also know he is not a great writer in the sense Tolstoy, Pushkin and Chekhov are. And, I repeat, not because the world he creates is unreal -all the worlds of writers are unreal - but because it is created too hastily without any sense of that harmony and economy which the most irrational masterpiece is bound to comply with (in order to be a masterpiece)."

And this, just because it's a great passage:

"We must distinguish between ''sentimental'' and ''sensitive.'' A sentimentalist may be a perfect brute in his free time. A sensitive person is never a cruel person."
I think Nabokov might have liked the young meat too. Just saying. I actually like most Russian Lit.

Reactions: blackpug6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT