ADVERTISEMENT

Ever since you've became Red Pilled,

I think Nabokov might have liked the young meat too. Just saying. I actually like most Russian Lit.
I couldn't get through Lolita. But I don't think he was a Humbert Humbert. I've never heard/read anything to suggest that he was.

If you haven't read "speak, memory," it's pure brilliance imho and remains the height of autobiography.

• Haha
Reactions: doug518
Current James Bond director says Sean Connery’s Bond was basically a rapist. Just more evidence that the SJWs ruin everything they touch.
Its like we had a recent former president who forecast what happens when something goes woke..

you're wrong.

That is Vladimir Nabokov: from a collection of his lecture notes, which if you like Russian literature is a must.

Couple other doozies from that piece, and I think we can agree that Nabokov's view is controversial at best (and, true to form, he was a snob about it):

"Dostoyevsky as we know is a great seeker after truth, a genius of spiritual morbidity, but as we also know he is not a great writer in the sense Tolstoy, Pushkin and Chekhov are. And, I repeat, not because the world he creates is unreal -all the worlds of writers are unreal - but because it is created too hastily without any sense of that harmony and economy which the most irrational masterpiece is bound to comply with (in order to be a masterpiece)."

And this, just because it's a great passage:

"We must distinguish between ''sentimental'' and ''sensitive.'' A sentimentalist may be a perfect brute in his free time. A sensitive person is never a cruel person."

sigh,
I understand the authors.
I understand their words and concepts.
I only claimed Nabokov's quote is BS.

Have you found it hard to enjoy movies and tv shows anymore? In the past, I used to watch a movie and just take it at face value. Nowadays, the SJW agenda ham fistedly shoe horned into story lines are JUST SO DAMN ANNOYING. I guess I better get used to independent films, because any product from Disney is going to be that way.
I can't even watch a commercial anymore without being repulsed by secular views being forced down our throats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT