ADVERTISEMENT

Every American should back the men and women of law enforcement

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
We should praise the efforts of anyone willing to put themselves in harms way to protect and serve.

If and when conflicts arise, we should seek the proximate cause of the conflict.

The narrative that is being sold to us is this. You are hit it the rear by someone speeding and driving recklessly. But you are at fault because you were in his way.

Watching how the narrative is preached is amazing. When two debate, but one side cannot express opinion, there is no debate.

The police aren’t bad. They aren’t the bad guys.

Yep, I'm not sure if it's life rule #1 but supporting the men and women that would show up and put themselves between you and a bullet seems like a no brainer to me. Even that little fick stuck at Auburn that calls all police bastards and publicly communicates F the police could call them tonight and someone would show up to help him.

Yes, there should be repercussions for bad ones that get caught doing bad things, and protecting bad cops just because they are part of the fraternity should never happen. However, this attempted eradication of Police in the USA is one of the single most idiotic things americans have ever tried.

When need them, deep down we want them(to scoop up the bad and send them away), we know the alternative without them. Police brutality, when it very seldomly happens IS wrong. But to say police are targeting one race is wrong. Black people need to commit far less crime and also not resist, run or attempt to hurt police and then have the gall to bitch about it, very ridiculous. Reputations are earned.

All professions are made up of human beings. If an accountant murders someone...it’s murder. We don’t abolish accounting. Police ranks are not made up of mystical people who are more virtuous than the rest of the population. Policing is necessary in the US and any fool that believes otherwise cannot be helped...

I back the police but I've seen my share of bad cops, a very small percentage. I'm always amazed at the good ones. Real people, real professionals. But poor Floyd, if he didn't try to pass a fake $20 bill he'd be alive today.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
All professions are made up of human beings. If an accountant murders someone...it’s murder. We don’t abolish accounting. Police ranks are not made up of mystical people who are more virtuous than the rest of the population. Policing is necessary in the US and any fool that believes otherwise cannot be helped...

You hit the nail on the head, fine sir. Arthur Andersen has a few bad apples that committed fraud with the Enron debacle. Those ass-hats caused the most fundemental and consequential change to our business model ever. It has virtually made auditing (attest services) unprofitable. Lower level attest services can still be profitable, but we are mainly a boutique tax practice with outside the box thinkers to work with our clients to save money and grow their business.

At my former firm, they got sued because one partner did something where he thought he was above the law and ethics. He was wrong. Hugely stupid.

I say this to echo Wambaw’s post, there are bad apples in all professions. Humans sin. Humans get on power trips. LEO’s are in a position of power, and sometimes power corrupts.

Changes may need to be made, but we certainly shouldn’t just chunk it and start over.

ADVERTISEMENT