ADVERTISEMENT

Fascination with super heroes PROVES…

Boost Assendahm

Always Ready, Never Prepared
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Our laughably childish fascination (“Desperate Need” more aptly) for unending models of super heroes, hourly emphasizes for all to see how much we truly need help, guidance and examples of purpose for our lives on this planet.

And we dare chastise religions & their followers for being short on personal understanding of the world around us and the motivation to form functional individual purpose and inspiration for a greater good?

A greater good that minimizes greed, envy, hatred, jealousy, and lust? Really? All by our insensitive & fragile selves? Biggest joke ever. We the peeps are the biggest joke ever without divine guidance. But, you can buy an action figure of the latest super hero of your choice at Wal Mart. Yeah, that’ll get you where you need to go. Hand size role models in your favorite flavor. Aren’t we special?

• Love
Reactions: ajk9
Our laughably childish fascination (“Desperate Need” more aptly) for unending models of super heroes, hourly emphasizes for all to see how much we truly need help, guidance and examples of purpose for our lives on this planet.

And we dare chastise religions & their followers for being short on personal understanding of the world around us and the motivation to form functional individual purpose and inspiration for a greater good?

A greater good that minimizes greed, envy, hatred, jealousy, and lust? Really? All by our insensitive & fragile selves? Biggest joke ever. We the peeps are the biggest joke ever without divine guidance. But, you can buy an action figure of the latest super hero of your choice at Wal Mart. Yeah, that’ll get you where you need to go. Hand size role models in your favorite flavor. Aren’t we special?

Season 4 of The Boys premiers in early June on Amazon Prime. The series follows the graphic novels by the same name, which deal directly with this topic. In the story line, super heroes are "made" and work for an evil corporate empire. Most of them are worse human beings than the criminals they pursue. Very dark and sarcastic humor, and goes after modern culture very effectively.

First three seasons available now. First thing I thought of when I read your post.

I stopped playing make believe when I was a child. I am amazed at how many people today are so caught up in make believe BS, super heroes, sci fi, Lord of the Rings, you name it. I live in Realville, as Rush used to call it. I think all this make believe BS continuing into adulthood is a sign of immaturity and/or mental illness.

I stopped playing make believe when I was a child. I am amazed at how many people today are so caught up in make believe BS, super heroes, sci fi, Lord of the Rings, you name it. I live in Realville, as Rush used to call it. I think all this make believe BS continuing into adulthood is a sign of immaturity and/or mental illness.

I see it as a growing & honest, psychological admission of a need (maybe a primal need) for spiritual ( more powerful than human) guidance, protection and strength.

So many of us have rejected our religious upbringing for a “cool” answer instead for that spiritual (other worldly) neediness in us all. There should be no shame in seeking more than mortal guidance. Mankind has acknowledged immortal influences in our world throughout our evolvement in bad times & good. “The Truth is out there,” as has been suggested in many ways in many times.

Yet, we humans have shown only willingness but, too little capacity for a role as guardians of “righteousness” handed to us throughout history from any number of clearly demonstrated & well intentioned sources, one being nature itself. We truly need help. And we’re not Him/Her/It. Not even close.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackRussellDawg
I see it as a growing & honest, psychological admission of a need (maybe a primal need) for spiritual ( more powerful than human) guidance, protection and strength.

So many of us have rejected our religious upbringing for a “cool” answer instead for that spiritual (other worldly) neediness in us all. There should be no shame in seeking more than mortal guidance. Mankind has acknowledged immortal influences in our world throughout our evolvement in bad times & good. “The Truth is out there,” as has been suggested in many ways in many times.

Yet, we humans have shown only willingness but, too little capacity for a role as guardians of “righteousness” handed to us throughout history from any number of clearly demonstrated & well intentioned sources, one being nature itself. We truly need help. And we’re not Him/Her/It. Not even close.
Jeez it's entertainment, it's like booze, it allows you to escape reality for brief periods.

Reactions: zingerdawg
I’m guessing you do not enjoy sports either since those are things you do as a child. Glad you are a grown man though.

• Wow
Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT