ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Kirby Wins by Year....

snuffy89

National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2021
2016 - Auburn: Great sneak peek at what the defense was going to bring in the future. At the time, this was an upset, and the program wasn't yet established. But fun to once again see the Gus Bus have a breakdown in Athens. Did he ever win any game in Athens as an HC or an assistant? I don't think so.

2017 - MSU: Dominating home ambush. This was the first game where it was clear to me what Kirby was building in Athens. After this game, it was finally obvious that we were building a juggernaut. There have been hiccups since then. But this game was an important watershed for the program.

2018 - Florida: The key here isn't that we won. It's that we pulled away for a 19-point victory late, and didn't even play all that sharp. This is the exact opposite of what used to happen in that series. This made it apparent that Kirby had mentally flipped that series.

2019 - Auburn: Ugly win. But that was an ugly season for our offense. And going into that hostile environment and pulling out a win against a good team shouldn't be taken for granted.

2020 - UT: The defense put on a dominating show in the second half, and turned a tight game into a blowout. A frustrating year, but we had our moments in 2020.

2021 - Bama National Championship Game: Need I say more.

2022 - Ohio State: That was a very good team that we beat. And with everything on the line, I have to pick this great 4th quarter comeback win.

2023 - Ole Miss: I enjoyed the destruction in our home stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.