ADVERTISEMENT

Few thoughts on Van Jefferson

Trent Smallwood

War Daddy
Staff
Aug 25, 2014
Flowery Branch, Georgia
uga.rivals.com
I will say this, it has been one of the toughest kids to cover since I started with all the rumors floating around, etc. I talked with him several times and he was one of the most respectful kids I talked with, but just so hard to get a read on every time. The ultimate decision to decommit is Jefferson wanting to play in a more pass-happy offense, which is where the Oklahoma interest has spiked.

That being said, this opens up another spot for Georgia in this recruiting class. If Georgia uses this spot for another wide receiver, I look for Georgia to make a big push at Preston Williams. Radi reported last night that Williams liked the hire of Scottenheimer at Georgia. Three Bulldogs coaches were at his school last week and there is some mutual interest we are told.

Another option is Shaquery Wilson, who wants to play wide receiver at the next level. This could give Georgia options if it did not work out at WR with the option of playing DB at next level.

Georgia will fill the spot, this coaching staff is working their tails off. It will be an interesting last couple of weeks moving forward.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News