ADVERTISEMENT

Five and Ten, National, and other Hugh Acheson restaurants

I’m saying you’re as big of a loser as someone who won’t eat at CFA for politics if you choose to boycott Five & Ten for politics
So you think we should be sheep and eat there because you think we should, and not exercise our right to choose? You eat where you want, and I will eat where I want. I won't judge you for that. That is the conservative way, live and let live.

So you think we should be sheep and eat there because you think we should, and not exercise our right to choose? You eat where you want, and I will eat where I want. I won't judge you for that. That is the conservative way, live and let live.

you’re entitled to a safe space when you eat, I get it

you’re entitled to a safe space when you eat, I get it
You don't quite grasp the concept of free choice, these people need a safe space from the protectors of this once great nation, not as you mistakenly posted. Safe spaces are for wussies. We do not want to eat around a bunch on nancy boys and Anti-American sissies. God forbid , we enter their safe space .

You don't quite grasp the concept of free choice, these people need a safe space from the protectors of this once great nation, not as you mistakenly posted. Safe spaces are for wussies. We do not want to eat around a bunch on nancy boys and Anti-American sissies. God forbid , we enter their safe space .

But the food is delicious

I can eat delicious food many places, I'll save you some time by not occupying the waiting line.
As I stated before, your choice, no worries on my end. Enjoy.

Many places don’t take reservations for Sunday brunch on gameday weekends other than Five & Ten though, hard to top that

and their quality of food is much higher than most other options in Athens. What else would you put on their level?

Many places don’t take reservations for Sunday brunch on gameday weekends other than Five & Ten though, hard to top that

and their quality of food is much higher than most other options in Athens. What else would you put on their level?
I really don’t know, I go to Athens 6 or 7 times a year (football games) , sometimes more if we go to the botanical gardens off season. I don’t know how these places are now, but the wife and me like Last Resort, Taqueria Del Sol ( not fine dining , but excellent food) , Amici, The Place, The Pine Bar. Those are some we have tried and I know some others we liked are no longer there. I would like to try LRG Provisions in little 5 points.

Last edited:
I really don’t know, I go to Athens 6 or 7 times a year (football games) , sometimes more if we go to the botanical gardens off season. I don’t know how these places are now, but the wife and me like Last Resort, Taqueria Del Sol ( not fine dining , but excellent food) , Amici, The Place, The Pine Bar. Those are some we have tried and I know some others we liked are no longer there. I would like to try LRG Provisions in little 5 points.

missed your window on LRG, just closed

I don't follow Hugh Acheson on any social media platform so this would never come up. I've never researched any chef's political beliefs when making a decision on where to eat.

Y'all are engaging in classic snowflake behavior here to be honest....

False statement. HE put it out there, and somebody picked up on it. no research needed

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
Apparently the owner of these longtime Athens restaurants, Hugh Acheson, made statements via instagram advocating for protestors to burn down small businesses if it helps the current social justice movement. Stating that the business owners can just get repaid from their insurance companies. His restaurants have fallen off in recent years in terms of quality. Nonetheless, as a small business owner, I won’t be eating at any of his establishments again. Just thought I should pass this info along.

Ok, let them start with his business establishments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT