ADVERTISEMENT

For anybody wondering if they are imagining poor mail service in Georgia

About 20 years ago, I was home on a weekday and I saw the mail lady coming down the street in Druid Hills. The house across the street was vacant, up for sale. Our mail lady knew the house was empty, so she dug up some there roses and threw them in the truck. Your Post Office hard at work.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know if your postal mail service is bad? How do you know what does not show up?
I have USPS Informed Delivery, a free service which shows an image of each mail piece that is supposed to be delivered that day. For example, one day recently it showed two ballots coming for me and my wife. They never were delivered. My theory is the mail woman threw them away because I receive gun magazines so she knew who I’d be voting for. Also, in March I received an email from my accountant that my taxes had been mailed. Never received. I’ve had packages with tracking never arrive many times. Mail in the black hole in Palmetto over and over.

On 7-1 a family member sent me a birthday card from Atlanta to Savannah. I just got it yesterday. I understand the 4th was a holiday , but this used to take 2-3 days max.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I had a Birthday card mailed from Athens on March 29 received in southwest GA May 1.

I mailed three checks for work related business from southwest GA to Macon in May in early June. None have been received as of July 10. I am now having to pay for three canceled checks and reissue a check.

I did mail a check to Charlotte, NC that was received and deposited in 8 days last month. I guess it didn't go through Palmetto???

I live about 50 miles from my mom here in Georgia. She mailed us a Christmas card on 12/15. It arrived on January 8th. She also mailed my wife a birthday card on 4/10. We got it June 3rd. I have also sent numerous letters to locations out of state. They sometimes arrive at their destination over 30 days later.

Just some facts, Trump said the Post Office should be privatized. Trump appointed Postmaster DeJoy. Biden can't fire DeJoy.
You decide.
Have you ever talked to any post office employee about the issues there that go back a really long time? They never mention Biden. Trump. Bush. Obama. I will tell you that. I think he wanted it privatized because it was losing a boatload of money every year. Those guys are not the issues.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT