ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Morning Recruiting Notes

Trent Smallwood

War Daddy
Staff
Aug 25, 2014
Flowery Branch, Georgia
uga.rivals.com
One prospect that everyone is curious about it Sam Madden. He's visiting Georgia this weekend, and will visit another school mid-week right after Georgia, and then another school next weekend (likely South Carolina). One thing that is really helping the Bulldogs right now is the pro-style offense and Schottenheimer's background along with Coach Richt's success at Georgia. Georgia has a great shot at landing his commitment. ----DM

I gave a brief update on Pat Allen last night, but here is my take. One of the best recruiting moves the Bulldogs have done all year was talking Allen out of committing at the Semper Fi All-American game. He was planning on choosing Tennessee on that day, and would of likely stuck to that decision. Now, things are shifting back on the side of the Bulldogs and if NSD was today, he would be at Georgia. Spoke with a source on Allen last night that told me "That one is trending UGA way quickly." The Bulldogs are looking to widen the gap a little as Brian Schottenhimer and Rob Sale are in Maryland this morning visiting him. ----TS

Another one that is trending the Bulldogs way is Alabama commit Rico McGraw. The sources I have talked to have all told me that Steele leaving was the final straw that would lead him back to Georgia. I have talked with his coaches, I have talked with some teammates of his, and several other sources in the Nashville area and it looks as if McGraw will take his official next weekend (30th). When I made a phone call last night, I was told that they believed McGraw would flip to Georgia on the week of National Signing Day.-----TS

QUICK HITTERS:

Mark Walton will be leaving his official visit at Georgia this morning at 11am. I will say this, some think Walton is just on a free trip...that is not the case. He has been high on the Bulldogs ever since the summer, and he is close with Sony Michel. Do the Dawgs flip him? Not sure, but he is definitely a take and the Bulldogs are coming hard.Georgia opted not to visit Van Jefferson this week. I see this trending backwards quickly and looks as if the Bulldogs have shifted their focus elsewhereThings are getting interesting with Preston Williams. Keep an eye on this one all the way up to National Signing Day. The Bulldogs are pushing hard here. Next weekend Georgia has 5 prospects that I have down as taking an visit. I look for that number to be closer to the 8-10 range. Next weekend is going to be huge for the Bulldogs and it will help having Trenton Thompson there also. I am also told Georgia is pushing to get Terry Godwin up for the weekend on an unofficial. Schottenheimer and some other staff members spent 6 hours with Godwin Wednesday night, and were in Callaway past 11. Ekeler and Lilly spent 6+ hours with Roquan Smith yesterday and from sources I have talked with, I would be very, very surprised if Smith did not sign with Georgia on Feb 4th. Daquan Hawkins plans on taking an official visit to Georgia per his dad. We are told that Mark Richt visited him before Christmas holidays and that McClendon and Sale have visited him in the last week. We are also told that Sale is interested in Hawkins on the offensive line per a coach at Westlake.
This post was edited on 1/23 9:25 AM by Anthony Dasher

This post was edited on 1/23 1:04 PM by Trent Smallwood

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.