ADVERTISEMENT

From my seat...

REAdawg

Diehard supporter
Nov 15, 2002
North Georgia
Sitting, kneeling, or even turning one's back to the flag, during the Anthem, ...has it helped race relations, has it helped prejudice, has it helped injustice? I don't think so...

It really has only stirred more hate spewing, opinions, complaints,...etc. I still see on the news police shootings, mistreatment of Minorities, injustice, and conflicts. How many of these Players get involved either with $ donations, community organizers and contribute to the dialogue to improve relationships, open communication lines, and help victims? I haven't seen any Players organizing groups or contributing to Organizations, urging Congress and local Gov't to step up and step in with some type of plans or legislation to offer change and restrictions on violence. How many are trying to change the inner city issues and denouncing the "crime and gang" lifestyle, and encouraging the Youth to seek out a honest and genuine lifestyle, get an education, etc? If they are involved, that should be on the news so we can all see the effort and not just the protest.

Sitting and kneeling only isn't getting involved...it's like when people say, "Pray for the hurricane victims." Prayer isn't going to help the victims. Sending food, donating money, sending household goods, getting involved with clean up and rebuilding...that's what helps the victims.

Kneeling and praying for hurricane victims doesn't work, hoping someone else will do the work instead and it doesn't improve the hurricane aftermath, just as kneeling and sitting during the anthem doesn't improve race relations.

That's from my seat...

People should reflect on their heritage and think about if they had never made it to the US what their life would be like. It would offer perspective.

Also, having unknowing sat beside a man who took delivery of his sons flag draped coffin at the airport, seeing the army officer thank him for his son's sacrifice, and watching them load the coffin on to a southwest flight, I could never, ever disrespect our flag or anthem and find those that do repulsive at the level of a child molester. Fuq NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT