ADVERTISEMENT

Funny how barely any news coverage of the pro-Israeli march yesterday at the Nat’l Mall get reported but Palestinian and pro-Hamas organized marches….

Gfunk20

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
get from page news. The WaPo even gave those pro-Palestinian and pro-Hamas marches the front page of their paper. However, where is coverage of the nearly 300,000 people that showed up yesterday for the pro-Israeli march on the WaPo? Buried at the back half of the paper. Cant be surprised though. WaPo caved to a band of employees who were offended by a satirical cartoon published in the paper that accurately depicted the actions of Hamas. How many news media outlets have completely ignored the story out of Mich regarding a flight chartered by Jewish Americans planning to attend the march in DC? When they arrived, Arab drivers refused to pick them up in opposition the their support of Israel. What would happen with coverage if someone did this to ppl attending Black LIves Matter protests?

The pro-Israeli march was attended by Rs and Ds hoisting Israeli and American flags without violence and wearing masks. The pro-Palestinian marches were only attended by the most radical of Democrats burning American flags and chanting “death to the Jews.”

The manipulation of the news should be illegal. We do not have a free press. We have state run media with the exception of a few networks.

Reactions: cherrydawg
The manipulation of the news should be illegal. We do not have a free press. We have state run media with the exception of a few networks.
It's worse than state run media because they can operate under a veneer of "objective journalism"

Reactions: ugadoc
get from page news. The WaPo even gave those pro-Palestinian and pro-Hamas marches the front page of their paper. However, where is coverage of the nearly 300,000 people that showed up yesterday for the pro-Israeli march on the WaPo? Buried at the back half of the paper. Cant be surprised though. WaPo caved to a band of employees who were offended by a satirical cartoon published in the paper that accurately depicted the actions of Hamas. How many news media outlets have completely ignored the story out of Mich regarding a flight chartered by Jewish Americans planning to attend the march in DC? When they arrived, Arab drivers refused to pick them up in opposition the their support of Israel. What would happen with coverage if someone did this to ppl attending Black LIves Matter protests?

The pro-Israeli march was attended by Rs and Ds hoisting Israeli and American flags without violence and wearing masks. The pro-Palestinian marches were only attended by the most radical of Democrats burning American flags and chanting “death to the Jews.”
Counter point -- there is no difference in either march. Neither of them should be in this country

Counter point -- there is no difference in either march. Neither of them should be in this country
I will strongly disagree. America should always support Israel (which we have) and support Israel’s right to exist. While we do not have to support everything Israel does as a nation, we most definitely should support Israel’s right to exist. God will fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel. God still has a plan for Israel. Woe to anyone who seeks to defeat that plan; “whoever curses you I will curse” (Genesis 12:3).

Reactions: ugadoc
I will strongly disagree. America should always support Israel (which we have) and support Israel’s right to exist. While we do not have to support everything Israel does as a nation, we most definitely should support Israel’s right to exist. God will fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel. God still has a plan for Israel. Woe to anyone who seeks to defeat that plan; “whoever curses you I will curse” (Genesis 12:3).
Disagree, God has no covenant with the modern nation of Israel having fulfilled the physical covenant in Joshua and the spiritual covenant through Christ.

Having said I would accept the compromise of providing minimal support for Israel in exchange for having an expressly Christian nation

Disagree, God has no covenant with the modern nation of Israel having fulfilled the physical covenant in Joshua and the spiritual covenant through Christ.

Having said I would accept the compromise of providing minimal support for Israel in exchange for having an expressly Christian nation
I will disagree with your interpretation of God has no covenant with modern nation of Israel. Israel has and always will be God’s people no matter what version of Israel you might think is existing right now. Today’s Israel is the same as Israel in the beginning when God made his covenant with Abraham.

God's eternal purpose is to bless the world through Israel. Already He has done so in measure, for "salvation is from the Jews" (John 4:22), but the fullness of future blessing is indicated in the wondrous promise of Isaiah 27:6 "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit.

I fully believe in God’s promise to Abraham “I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse.” One of the United States’ most worthwhile accomplishments has been its consistent regard for the plight of the Jewish nation. No nation in the history of the world has a better record of treating individual Jews with respect than does America. The same can be said for our befriending Israel as a nation. America has committed many sins for which we may well deserve judgment, but as a nation, we have been a consistent friend of the Jews and the nation of Israel, as well as a benefactor.

I will disagree with your interpretation of God has no covenant with modern nation of Israel. Israel has and always will be God’s people no matter what version of Israel you might think is existing right now. Today’s Israel is the same as Israel in the beginning when God made his covenant with Abraham.

God's eternal purpose is to bless the world through Israel. Already He has done so in measure, for "salvation is from the Jews" (John 4:22), but the fullness of future blessing is indicated in the wondrous promise of Isaiah 27:6 "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit.

I fully believe in God’s promise to Abraham “I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse.” One of the United States’ most worthwhile accomplishments has been its consistent regard for the plight of the Jewish nation. No nation in the history of the world has a better record of treating individual Jews with respect than does America. The same can be said for our befriending Israel as a nation. America has committed many sins for which we may well deserve judgment, but as a nation, we have been a consistent friend of the Jews and the nation of Israel, as well as a benefactor.
Dispensationalism is contrary to every theologian up until the 20th century. The Biblical evidence for it is small.

"salvation comes from the Jews" - yes, Jesus was born a Jew. The entire purpose of the Jewish people was the birth of Christ.

Isaiah 27:6 the same it's talking about Christ. Not the nation of Israel or the jewish people.

Abraham's promise refers to Christ.

Christians are God's chosen people not Jews. It's why God sent Titus to destroy the second temple, the Jews rejected Christ. Those that didn't are what sprung the Church.

edit: regardless perfect theology is not necessary for salvation but the modern nation of Israel has been horrible for America.

Dispensationalism is contrary to every theologian up until the 20th century. The Biblical evidence for it is small.

"salvation comes from the Jews" - yes, Jesus was born a Jew. The entire purpose of the Jewish people was the birth of Christ.

Isaiah 27:6 the same it's talking about Christ. Not the nation of Israel or the jewish people.

Abraham's promise refers to Christ.

Christians are God's chosen people not Jews. It's why God sent Titus to destroy the second temple, the Jews rejected Christ. Those that didn't are what sprung the Church.

edit: regardless perfect theology is not necessary for salvation but the modern nation of Israel has been horrible for America.
I don’t know where you’re getting that the Jews aren’t God’s chosen people. What exactly do you think God is telling Abraham in Gen 12:2-3? Also Gen 27:29, Num 24:9?

In Deut 7: 6-8 these words: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt."

The main reason The Trib comes about after the Rapture is because there will be terrible times for Israel. Why it’s called “the time of Jacob’s trouble”. The main reason for the Trib is Israel will finally recognize Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). Israel will be regenerated, restored, and regathered (Jeremiah 33:8; Ezekiel 11:17; Romans 11:26).

You are right at the end…perfect theology is not needed for salvation. That is through one man who gave his life for ALL of us to have a way to be redeemed. We had no other way as we were dead in our transgressions. We needed a perfect lamb who was blameless of sin. God delivered. ✝️

I don’t know where you’re getting that the Jews aren’t God’s chosen people. What exactly do you think God is telling Abraham in Gen 12:2-3? Also Gen 27:29, Num 24:9?

In Deut 7: 6-8 these words: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt."

The main reason The Trib comes about after the Rapture is because there will be terrible times for Israel. Why it’s called “the time of Jacob’s trouble”. The main reason for the Trib is Israel will finally recognize Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). Israel will be regenerated, restored, and regathered (Jeremiah 33:8; Ezekiel 11:17; Romans 11:26).

You are right at the end…perfect theology is not needed for salvation. That is through one man who gave his life for ALL of us to have a way to be redeemed. We had no other way as we were dead in our transgressions. We needed a perfect lamb who was blameless of sin. God delivered. ✝️
Because they aren't Christians and the old covenant no longer exists.

I encourage you to read Christian leaders on this topic before the Scofield Bible was published.

I will do my best to summarize why the idea that the modern nation of Israel is (a) a prerequisite to Christ's return; (b) has any connection to the nation of Isreal pre 70 a.d., and (c) that modern ethnic jews will receive any special treatment after Christ return is not supported by the scripture and was completely anti thetical to Christian belief until the the turn of the 20th century. It is these ideas asserted in the Scofield Bible that has popularized the radical support for the modern nation of Israel among American protestants.

But this is a long and hotly contested theological issue in today's Church largely because today's Church is led by weak effeminate and heretical men such as Andy Stanley. I will do my best to summarize the main counterarguments. But the best counterargument is for 1900 years no Church leader believed what modern protestants believe about ethnic jews.

Preliminary I would point to that the West at the turn of the 20th century was far more Christian than we are today and since the adoption of dispensationalist teaching the Church has gradually strayed farther and farther away from Biblicial teachings and has let secularism run amok.

Let's discuss (b) first because this topic is confusing for people and it ties in directly with why the modern ethnic jews are not God's chosen people.

God held two covenants with the Hebrews. Spiritual (the promised Messiah) and physical (the promised land). The physical covenant was fulfilled through Joshua. "Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed." (Joshua 29:14).

After Joshua, it was up to the Israelites to keep the promised land. They could only do this through upholding God's law.

God keeps his promises, as you say "salvation comes from the Jews" and it did. Christ was born, he was crucified and resurrected. "By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear." (Hebrews 8:13). Thus, God's spiritual covenant with the people of Israel -- the jewish people had been fulfilled. And, "Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith." (Galatians 3:7-9). It was not the blood of Abraham that was special it was his faith and now Christians, those with the faith of Abraham are the true sons of Abraham.

Are there ethnic Jews who are God's chosen people? Of course, just as there are anglo-saxons, greeks, africans, chinese, etc etc. But they are God's people because of their faith not their blood.

Christ even destroys the temple and Jerusalem and puts Judea to the sword for rejecting him in Luke 21: 5-38. (Woe to the pregnant mothers). This is significant and requires some understanding as to how God was worshipped under the old covenant to fully grasp -which again is replaced with the new covenant (meaning the modern jews worship a false God because they have rejected Yaweh) -- regardless the main point here is that without the temple jews cannot follow the law of the old testament, without the documents that detailed the geneology of the tribe of Levi no priest could even be appointed. Both were utterly destroyed by Titus as prophized by Christ.

Readings of the account of Josephus with respect to Titus sacking Jerusalem is quite eye opening as Jesus was seen in the clouds in 70 a.dd. and I encourage everyone to read them. Many of the Roman soldiers at the sacking of Jerusalem had an "oh crap that Jesus guy was actually the son of God" moment.

Now this is not to say that the Jewish people did not play a significant role in the founding of the Church -- of course, almost all early Christians were Jews but the vast majority of the Jews rejected Christ. "..I will curse those who curse you." The Christian Jews (chosen) the ethnic Jews (cursed).

That's enough rambling about point (b). (a) prerequisites to Christ's return.

The teaching that the modern nation of Israel is a prerequisite to Christ's return is an idea that comes solely from the Scofield Bible and is largely based on the wrong teaching of a silent rapture or secret rapture where Christ returns "like a thief in the night" and the saints are ascended into heaven followed by a time of tribulation. Of course, 1 Thessalonians 5:1 is talking about the '"day of the Lord" coming like a thief in the night. Meaning you won't expect it.

This is additionally accompanied by an idea that Jews will receive a second chance during this time of tribulation to accept the Messiah. This idea was popularized during my lifetime with the Left Behind Series.

I will say at the outset that disagreements over eschatology don't matter. What matters is that we agree that Christ is coming to the world in the last days.

Having said that, the secret or silent rapture belief has led to some pretty disastrous consequences for the Church as this hopeless escapist eschatology of most modern cultural Christianity leads to the neo-gnosticism we see today where Church leaders believe Christians are not called to be spiritual warriors and rule our nations in God's name. Instead, to meekly suffer in silence and watch as the nation rots and crumbles around you. And if you search for any historical Church teachings on this subject you will find very little because again it was asserted in the Scofield Bible (which was published and funded by a zionist jew).

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17). How can this be the last day but also have seven years of tribulation before the final battle? Put simply the secret rapture is not supported by the Bible.

And there are not prerequisites which govern the day of the Lord.

(c) second chances for ethnic Jews

No Biblical evidence exists for the idea that ethnic jews get a second chance. You are either washed in the blood or you are getting cast into the lake of fire.

This is a long post and formatting is not great on rivals. But I enjoy theological debates.

They once had that in the UK.

All of Christendom, including America was a Christian nation. Go check out how many states had blasphemy laws. We held out the longest until post war libtards took over.
Dude, our nation was founded on Judeo Christian values. That's the connection. To be sure, Christianity is the dominant religion among the majority of our citizens, but there always has been the separation of church and state.

Dude, our nation was founded on Judeo Christian values. That's the connection. To be sure, Christianity is the dominant religion among the majority of our citizens, but there always has been the separation of church and state.
Dude, the term judeo Christian didn’t exist until 100 years ago.

Also go see how many state churches there were.

Off the
I've never seen, read or heard about a state church in the US. Maybe before 1800, but can you show me?
Off the top of my head Mass, Maryland, New Hampshire and Conn all had state churches until around 1830ish.

And numerous states had blasphemy laws up through the Great Depression.

The constitution prohibits a national state church only.

Off the

Off the top of my head Mass, Maryland, New Hampshire and Conn all had state churches until around 1830ish.

And numerous states had blasphemy laws up through the Great Depression.

The constitution prohibits a national state church only.
I've never heard of that. But, you're saying Mass, Maryland, New Hampshire and Conn all had unconstitutional laws? That's how I see it.

I've never heard of that. But, you're saying Mass, Maryland, New Hampshire and Conn all had unconstitutional laws? That's how I see it.
I think that believing the Warren Court had a better understanding of the constitution than the actual drafters seems illogical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT