ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer Request Gandawg Family Updates Because I like Ya'll more than Extended Family

Gandawg the Grey

Back to Back Fiona Apple Champion
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2002
Middle Earth
Sorry for not being around that much. I'm here or there. Most of ya'll know about Audrey's cardiac arrest back in May 21 and subsequent issues since then. She has a genetic heart issue called Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia that I'll thankfully call CPVT for here on out. Honestly, she's doing okay. Occasionally we'll get a report from her loop recorder that she has an "extended event" but her medication is doing its job so far. Her service dog Sibley is very loving and protective of her also. Audrey still loves her Dawgs and she made me buy her a Travon Walker Jags jersey. She asked where Zeus went haha but I said a Raiders jersey maybe done the road!
291637810_5407232555966416_1100606620484219401_n.jpg
280527327_5254369607919379_1841749448406666040_n.jpg

This past May we got another shock as it turned out Garrett has the same genetic mutation so he's going through tests now. Doctors say they hope his CPVT is milder than Audreys. It's been a lot of stress and such. We live 90 minutes south of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta so it has been a lot of trips back and forth to Atlanta this summer! He's had a cardiac stress test which was labeled inconclusive but I think it means hospital techs messed it up (Not that I get a free redo. Those jokers are about $1500 after insurance pays their measly part haha). Now he's wearing a heart monitor for 2 weeks. We're at day 8 today. and for kid with Autism, AND and serious impulse issues, the fact that he hasn't ripped the joker off is a blessing from God haha. He's proud of it though. He's been pulling his shirt up more than a coed on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. He's such a sweet smart kid but his anxiety and adhd are what gives him the most problems at least until his heart diagnosis. Still hoping it turns out to be more minor than Audreys.

293765034_10114344452319410_7970282771898719269_n.jpg

Insurance sucks man. Like they paid well enough after Audrey almost died but ever since then, it's rejection every time. We had to get all six of us genetic tested and they wouldn't pay that which was about $600 a person. Then they deny paying the reports from Audrey's implant that they approved to get . Now adding Garrett's bills and his finally getting accepted into the Marcus Autism Center, I might as well just get my job to send my paycheck directly to Atlanta. You'd think after paying for insurance you wouldn't hit five or six digit bills but it happens. Nothing but good things to say about the Sibley Heart Center though. Amazing people.

I can't say enough for all of you. The amount of help from GoFundme or directly to us is the only way we've gotten things paid or even not have for me to open a middle age Only Fans page for chicks loving Dad bods and thinning hair. And if you want to read updates or help out, here's the link: https://gofund.me/f7061ecf

Might as well update the rest of the kids while I'm at it haha. Lindsay, the 19 yr old, is home from Georgetown University which thankfully has her on a pretty good scholarship. Believe me, her tuition is more per year than I make. She's scheduled for arthroscopic knee surgery this week. Old soccer injuries finally caught up to her I guess. Our oldest is getting married in Athens June 2023 but thankfully she and her fiance' are UGA grads. June 2023 at the Hotel Indigo! haha

Honestly, love you all. Even the trolls haha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.