ADVERTISEMENT

Gas is over $3.00 a gallon in Georgia, why?

Some of you guys really have the victim mentality down to a T!

CBS "News" tried to tell us yesterday that inflation, higher oil prices and supply issues were all because of Ukraine, not Biden Admin decisions over the past year. This is why the majority of the American public no longer trusts the press.

Now do how much of total imports came from Opec countries as the original question asked. You can find that in the 2nd paragraph of the same EiA data you pulled your number from.
Lowest amount since 1991. Off the U.S. Energy Admin Information Site.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Lowest amount since 1991. Off the U.S. Energy Admin Information Site.
My point is these Opec cutting production. Is a red herring. The US imported 800,000 bpd from Opec countries, less than 1 day of finished product sales by 1 major oil company US producers thrive at $50 oil, but when the US doesn’t produce, it allows the Opec cartel to price at$80 which enables the financial wherewithal to support the social state in Saudi, Russia, etc.

My point is these Opec cutting production. Is a red herring. The US imported 800,000 bpd from Opec countries, less than 1 day of finished product sales by 1 major oil company US producers thrive at $50 oil, but when the US doesn’t produce, it allows the Opec cartel to price at$80 which enables the financial wherewithal to support the social state in Saudi, Russia, etc.
I’m with you there. My response was through you to the poster you were engaged with who was trying to blame another president. I agree wholeheartedly with your point in this.

Your point about net import neutrality was spot on.

the US has significantly cut its oil/gas production. Maybe in the 650 million barrels per day range. That supply is out of the world market. Same demand chasing smaller quantity. Scarcity drives price.
I think the green concept gets fuzzy here. Same oil being consumed, not sure how that is better for environment. Actually US oil/gas production is more enviro friendly. This green win also hurts the US inflation and hurts foreign policy. But, the greenies feel good
The US produces about 11.5M barrels a day from a high of 12.5M a day just before the pandemic…it uses 20M per day. You’re not even close here buddy…

Last edited:
Reactions: nice marmot
We exported energy when Trump was President. You want us to believe that Biden executive ordering the keystone pipe line closer had nothing to do with our gas prices. When Trump was President and Iran started all the problems in the gulf and gas cost all over the world went up but the United States, now it is 100% opposite. A problem somewhere over there and our gas goes up within the hour.

Specifically, why did gas go up from $1.95 gal to over $3.00?

No clue....... however

Ain't it weird how gas prices go up every time a Democrat is president, but some how when a republican is president gas prices go down........

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

connect-the-dots.gif

Reactions: d-dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT