ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia vs. Bama Thoughts

Strange_Noah

Stranger Danger
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2017
Tampa, Florida
This game has me nervous and concerned. However, I believe the culture of our program will show up and we will make plays that silence the Bama crowd. Beck and Bobo have the ability to do a lot of damage to this Bama secondary.

Offensively, I think we can run right at Bama and have some success, so I expect Etienne to have a solid game. I also hope we utilize him and Bell in the flat to force this Bama secondary to tackle them in the open field. We need Greene & Truss to protect Beck well so that the offense can stay in some type of rhythm. Hopefully we can get a few back shoulder opportunities for Colbie Young.

Defensively, I think the guys are ready. I’m not discounting the health and improvements we’ve seen from Raylen, Smael, and Allen. All three are going to be huge in stopping Milroe. I personally see Raylen as the eraser if we keep him clean. He has the speed and athleticism to cover ground quickly. I’m not sold that Bama can generate long drives or hit deep shots on our secondary. Starks, Jackson, and Bolden have played extremely well all year. One cause for concern is tackling, but I have a feeling that’s cleared up after the bye week. Like Brent said on FDL, I’m curious what we do at Star this game.

My X factor in all of this is Jalon Walker. I believe he can wreck the game for Bama. Their big tackles are going to struggle with his speed and physicality all night. It also helps that they will likely be dealing with Mykel as well. I’m more confident in our ability to create havoc than I have been in years. Milroe struggles under duress.

This is going to be a battle. I have us pulling it out 31-21. My hot take is Jalon Walker has 3 sacks in this game and puts himself in the national spotlight. Kirby shows that Nick was the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.