ADVERTISEMENT

GOP DEI candidate for NC governor behind by -8 in a state where polls are showing Trump up by +4.......

shonuff253

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 3, 2003
Who would have thought that the GOP would once again preach against something they themselves practice. How prevalent will split ballet voters come election time as there is more evidence that abortion will once again be on the ballot in November.

"The issues at play in North Carolina are similar to those at a national level—the economy, immigration and abortion, Greene said. In North Carolina, abortion remains legal through about 12 weeks, and Robinson opposes the legality of abortion, previously saying there is "no compromise on abortion."

"Given the recent salience of abortion, and Robinson's history of very conservative statements on the issue, I suspect that abortion will play an especially significant role in the North Carolina campaign," Greene said."

Reactions: Charlottedawgs
Mark Robinson says abortion is murder, but paid to abort his own child.

He also failed to file federal income taxes for 5 years. Over 25 years - three bankruptcies, tax liens, multiple foreclosures, civil judgements, unpaid property taxes, and even criminal charges on writing bad checks in multiple NC counties. On his Facebook account he denied the holocaust and called the Parkland school shooting survivor's spoiled brats.

He also called the civil rights movement “crap” and vowed to work on MLK Day because he’s “not a leach."

He also failed to file federal income taxes for 5 years. Over 25 years - three bankruptcies, tax liens, multiple foreclosures, civil judgements, unpaid property taxes, and even criminal charges on writing bad checks in multiple NC counties. On his Facebook account he denied the holocaust and called the Parkland school shooting survivor's spoiled brats.

He also called the civil rights movement “crap” and vowed to work on MLK Day because he’s “not a leach."
"Martin Luther King Jr. was just an “ersatz pastor” and a “communist,” and the 1960s civil rights movement was “crap,” according to a series of Facebook posts by Mark Robinson, the leading Republican candidate to be North Carolina’s next governor.

Robinson, who is currently the state’s lieutenant governor, regularly criticized King and the civil rights movement for years on Facebook ― specifically on MLK Day ― HuffPost found amid a review of his posts. The Black politician also downplayed slavery, rejected the idea that he’s part of the African American community, and attacked the late congressman and civil rights icon, John Lewis."

Oh and look at this gem:
“Hey John Lewis, Just because you got beat up by some Democrats in 1965 doesn’t mean you can’t get criticized by some Republicans in 2017,” Robinson

So you have to really wonder why would the GOP nominate such a horrible candidate?

Last edited:
"Martin Luther King Jr. was just an “ersatz pastor” and a “communist,” and the 1960s civil rights movement was “crap,” according to a series of Facebook posts by Mark Robinson, the leading Republican candidate to be North Carolina’s next governor.

Robinson, who is currently the state’s lieutenant governor, regularly criticized King and the civil rights movement for years on Facebook ― specifically on MLK Day ― HuffPost found amid a review of his posts. The Black politician also downplayed slavery, rejected the idea that he’s part of the African American community, and attacked the late congressman and civil rights icon, John Lewis."

Oh and look at this gem:
“Hey John Lewis, Just because you got beat up by some Democrats in 1965 doesn’t mean you can’t get criticized by some Republicans in 2017,” Robinson

He is still right. Lewis was a piece of crap.

Who would have thought that the GOP would once again preach against something they themselves practice. How prevalent will split ballet voters come election time as there is more evidence that abortion will once again be on the ballot in November.

"The issues at play in North Carolina are similar to those at a national level—the economy, immigration and abortion, Greene said. In North Carolina, abortion remains legal through about 12 weeks, and Robinson opposes the legality of abortion, previously saying there is "no compromise on abortion."

"Given the recent salience of abortion, and Robinson's history of very conservative statements on the issue, I suspect that abortion will play an especially significant role in the North Carolina campaign," Greene said."

The MAGA election playbook seems to consist entirely of losing very winnable races by nominating the weakest candidate available.

The MAGA election playbook seems to consist entirely of losing very winnable races by nominating the weakest candidate available.
Maybe there could have been someone stronger, but you can't call him weak. He won a statewide election in a purple state with a Dem governor. Not too shabby.

PS, I think the -8 poll number is exaggerated. He may be down a little, based on polling average, but with Trump campaigning in NC with him for the next 6 months his numbers will definitely rise with those independents.

Last edited:
I read posts like this and it’s from someone who would vote for Biden……. So it just screams Karen.

Sorry will, gotta have fun with your post.

Poor sarcasm, but I figure we can still laugh.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
PS, I think the -8 poll number is exaggerated. He may be down a little, based on polling average, but with Trump campaigning in NC with him for the next 6 months his numbers will definitely rise with those independents.
If I were a sarcastic sort of person, this PS is exactly what I would have written.

• Haha
Reactions: willdup
Does not sound good, but would have to review the post myself. I do not believe a single word huffington puffington posts. Thats part of the lefts problems. They read that kind of brazen propaganda a suck in every word.

Does not sound good, but would have to review the post myself. I do not believe a single word huffington puffington posts. Thats part of the lefts problems. They read that kind of brazen propaganda a suck in every word.
These lib rags always find something negative about a republican candidate. Amazing it’s always the liberals that find this crap and it’s always unnamed sources.

Reactions: cherrydawg
These lib rags always find something negative about a republican candidate. Amazing it’s always the liberals that find this crap and it’s always unnamed sources.
I try to keep an open mind, but lately any liberal outlet has been proven full of shit. Mrdawg couldn’t tell the truth if he tried. Every single set of positive numbers are disproven in a manner of days and weeks. Embarrassingly so each time. Every lib in this thread has soaked it in too. Not a single one isn’t guilty of pandering complete bs. Sho ran so fast here to post that he tore a hamstring. Anything positive for dims right now is like chum for sharks.

The dim playbook is to run the most anti America vile disgusting candidates possible and their voters LOVE them. Talib the hero, AOC the champion of no freedom, brandon the brain dead puppet of China, etc etc etc.

I try to keep an open mind, but lately any liberal outlet has been proven full of shit. Mrdawg couldn’t tell the truth if he tried. Every single set of positive numbers are disproven in a manner of days and weeks. Embarrassingly so each time. Every lib in this thread has soaked it in too. Not a single one isn’t guilty of pandering complete bs. Sho ran so fast here to post that he tore a hamstring. Anything positive for dims right now is like chum for sharks.
Read his facebook posts and watch his videos then tell me what you think. I was born and raised in North Carolina and voted for Republicans for years. Mark Robinson is a straight turd with sandpaper toilet paper.

Read his facebook posts and watch his videos then tell me what you think. I was born and raised in North Carolina and voted for Republicans for years. Mark Robinson is a straight turd with sandpaper toilet paper.
Not saying he isn’t by any means. He sounds awful. Any numbers posted by the local democrats here within days or a few weeks are generally proven to be complete bullshit. Nearly every time it happens. They are so desperate for something positive. I bet the numbers are not as bad as posted here. The poll will change soon when done by someone else. He will probably be winning in the next one. No numbers are ever factual from dims anymore. They didn’t even deny it because they know I am right. Wasnt defending the candidate for sure.

Not saying he isn’t by any means. He sounds awful. Any numbers posted by the local democrats here within days or a few weeks are generally proven to be complete bullshit. Nearly every time it happens. They are so desperate for something positive. I bet the numbers are not as bad as posted here. The poll will change soon when done by someone else. He will probably be winning in the next one. No numbers are ever factual from dims anymore. They didn’t even deny it because they know I am right. Wasnt defending the candidate for sure.
Well had the GOP not practiced what they preached and nominated this horrible candidate purley because of DEI then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Well had the GOP not practiced what they preached and nominated this horrible candidate purley because of DEI then this wouldn't even be an issue.
It’s not like the DEMs have this figured out either. The wide range of stances and positions within the Democratic Party is mind numbing. When Fetterman is on the conservative side of the party now just think how far and how fast things have moved left.

Both parties are in bad shape. I think for the first time in a while the GOP is more unified than the DEMs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT