ADVERTISEMENT

Grocery prices increase….

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
21% since 2021. That’s a BIG number, what would that be for the average family …..$3000 -$5000 maybe??

Shat, that is just groceries. Hope y’all’s wages are keeping up.

Safety and inflation….Carter was bad, but dang maybe Biden will catch him. Guess he has that going 4 him.

Last edited:
21% since 2021. That’s a BIG number, what would that be for the average family annually…..$3000 -$5000 maybe??

Safety and inflation….Carter was bad, but dang maybe Biden has caught him. Guess he has that going 4 him.

IMO those numbers are low. It is worse than that. 350-400 was a big grocery trip for us 5 years ago. It is 600-650 now. I just don’t find that to be accurate at all. I wish it were only 20 percent. Anyone else know what there normal grocery bill is and see any different. I am surprised I don’t see more posts by people stating these cost differences.

IMO those numbers are low. It is worse than that. 350-400 was a big grocery trip for us 5 years ago. It is 600-650 now. I just don’t find that to be accurate at all. I wish it were only 20 percent. Anyone else know what there normal grocery bill is and see any different. I am surprised I don’t see more posts by people stating these cost differences.
Inclined to agree, I know mine have been much more than 20%…..closer to 30-40%.

Thinks overall his total CPI is about 20% since ‘21.

21% since 2021. That’s a BIG number, what would that be for the average family …..$3000 -$5000 maybe??

Safety and inflation….Carter was bad, but dang maybe Biden has caught him. Guess he has that going 4 him.

That’s what I have been hollerin about. It’s not just groceries, it’s everything. I’m so sick of people saying inflation is coming down when prices are still increasing at an annual rate of 3-4% per annum. The dumbasses don’t understand inflation is cumulative and compound, just like compound interest. It’s costing everybody 20-30% more to live since the corpse took over. If inflation went to zero it still is costing 20-30% more to live. Many who don’t understand this are simply stupid. The Bidens are simply liars. The only thing which has come down is the rate of increase.

That’s what I have been hollerin about. It’s not just groceries, it’s everything. I’m so sick of people saying inflation is coming down when prices are still increasing at an annual rate of 3-4% per annum. The dumbasses don’t understand inflation is cumulative and compound, just like compound interest. It’s costing everybody 20-30% more to live since the corpse took over. If inflation went to zero it still is costing 20-30% more to live. Many who don’t understand this are simply stupid. The Bidens are simply liars. The only thing which has come down is the rate of increase.
They would be doing so much better politically if they dared to concede certain things that are obvious:

Instead of “the economy is incredible I put this country back on its feet”, how about conceding that inflation has been terrible, make the logical argument that some of it was unavoidable (pandemic supply related) but some of it wasn’t and in hindsight might have done a few things different. And there is a real plan to reduce government spending (Clinton) in order to bring it down.

Instead of calling legitimate videos of Biden looking old af fake, why not say hey I am old and don’t have the rhythm, energy, or command of words I used to have, etc., but it is my decision-making that matters.

I wouldn’t necessarily buy into these arguments but I guarantee you they would connect better with a public who has eyes and ears.

I’m convinced much of the hole Biden has dug for himself lies in his insistence on telling folks how they should feel and that what they see / hear isn’t legitimate.

C'mon man. Joe says in inherited a 9.1% inflation rate. It's all Trump’s fault. Everything is Trump’s fault.

If you look at the graph below in this link, you will see that inflation has almost doubled Biden's first year compared to all 4 years of Trump's. It's more than doubled Trump's 4 years compared to Uncle Joe's to date.

But Joe says hold my beer, I've got 8 more months to go.....I can do better, I may can triple it by then.

Don't know too many who's pay has kept pace. On the other hand, this all could just be fake news ..... :>)

If you look at the graph below in this link, you will see that inflation has almost doubled Biden's first year compared to all 4 years of Trump's. It's more than doubled Trump's 4 years compared to Uncle Joe's to date.

But Joe says hold my beer, I've got 8 more months to go.....I can do better, I may can triple it by then.

Don't know too many who's pay has kept pace. On the other hand, this all could just be fake news ..... :>)

That graph is a cheap fake graph. It lacks context. Sire inflation has been crippling for most Americans, but that graph doesn’t capture how stylishly diverse our military is becoming. That’s the stuff that matters. Democracy is at stake.

That graph is a cheap fake graph. It lacks context. Sire inflation has been crippling for most Americans, but that graph doesn’t capture how stylishly diverse our military is becoming. That’s the stuff that matters. Democracy is at stake.
where’s Ross Perot when you need him…

Reactions: blackpug6

Biden’s kicking the people where it hurts most, in the gut. You can survive with higher gas prices because you can cut down on driving. But have to eat and hungry people will get desperate. I’m afraid he is going to open up a whole new can of worms if this doesn’t stop.

• Sad
Reactions: blackpug6
wonder why?

GQfHWEIWcAA_AI-

Reactions: shonuff253
These are the same no brains people who would answer by saying “i got a money back” when asked “How much did you pay in taxes last year”

Idiocracy indeed.

And all of their inflation numbers are extremely low. The $225,000 starter home I could build is now $325,000

Article from Forbes that explains @nice marmot graphic. Problem is grocery and food products are dominate conglomerates. There really is no competition.

Article from Forbes that explains @nice marmot graphic. Problem is grocery and food products are dominate conglomerates. There really is no competition.
Thanks for picking that up. I didn't in the time I had for it find a good, clear graphic illustrating the consolidation of grocery stores to overlay.

My solution, for what its worth in this forum, which is usually nothing, is to avoid processed foods at almost all costs. Eggs from the farmer. Bread from the bakery. Almost all groceries from small, independent grocer. etc. I feel better and feel good about my purchases.

Of course, I refuse to wean myself off of Coke Zero, so, I guess I am the poster boy for Coca Cola (NYSE: KO). Plus you gotta have paper towels, and anything other than Bounty is NO GO

So, why are transportation services up 10.5% in the past 12 months, electricity up 5.9%, and shelter up 5.4%? And services up 5.2%, vehicle insurance up 20.3%? All lack of competition? The mental gymnastics you guys exercise to avoid talking about M1 and M2 are astounding. Do you really think the diminishment in the level of competition in grocery supply in the last three years drove grocery inflation from less than 2% at the end of Trump’s term to over 10% in 2022/2023? That’s one hell of a consolidation of food providers and price fixing.

0.9​
0.9​
0.8​
1.0​
0.7​
0.4​
0.3​
0.1​
-0.2​
-0.3​
-0.3​
-0.1​
0.3​
-0.1​
0.1​
0.5​
0.6​
0.9​
0.9​
1.1​
1.1​
1.2​
1.3​
1.4​
1.6​
0.9​
1.6​
1.4​
1.3​
1.4​
1.2​
1.4​
1.4​
1.4​
1.4​
1.2​
1.4​
1.6​
1.4​
1.6​
2.0​
2.1​
1.8​
2.0​
1.9​
1.8​
1.7​
1.8​
2.1​
2.0​
1.8​
1.9​
1.8​
1.8​
1.9​
3.5​
4.0​
4.5​
4.1​
4.1​
3.9​
3.9​
3.7​
3.9​
3.4​
3.8​
3.6​
3.5​
2.4​
2.2​
2.4​
3.4​
3.7​
4.6​
5.3​
6.1​
6.3​
3.9​
7.0​
7.9​
8.8​
9.4​
10.1​
10.4​
10.9​
11.4​
11.2​
10.9​
10.6​
10.4​
9.9​
10.1​
9.5​
8.5​
7.7​
6.7​
5.7​
4.9​
4.3​
3.7​
3.​

Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Food and beverages in U.S. city average, all urban consumers, not seasonally adjusted. CPI-All Urban Consumers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section220Dawg
So, why are transportation services up 10.5% in the past 12 months, electricity up 5.9%, and shelter up 5.4%? And services up 5.2%, vehicle insurance up 20.3%? All lack of competition? The mental gymnastics you guys exercise to avoid talking about M1 and M2 are astounding. Do you really think the diminishment in the level of competition in grocery supply in the last three years drove grocery inflation from less than 1% at the end of Trump’s term to over 10% in 2022/2023? That’s one hell of a consolidation of food providers and price fixing.

0.9​
0.9​
0.8​
1.0​
0.7​
0.4​
0.3​
0.1​
-0.2​
-0.3​
-0.3​
-0.1​
0.3​
-0.1​
0.1​
0.5​
0.6​
0.9​
0.9​
1.1​
1.1​
1.2​
1.3​
1.4​
1.6​
0.9​
1.6​
1.4​
1.3​
1.4​
1.2​
1.4​
1.4​
1.4​
1.4​
1.2​
1.4​
1.6​
1.4​
1.6​
2.0​
2.1​
1.8​
2.0​
1.9​
1.8​
1.7​
1.8​
2.1​
2.0​
1.8​
1.9​
1.8​
1.8​
1.9​
3.5​
4.0​
4.5​
4.1​
4.1​
3.9​
3.9​
3.7​
3.9​
3.4​
3.8​
3.6​
3.5​
2.4​
2.2​
2.4​
3.4​
3.7​
4.6​
5.3​
6.1​
6.3​
3.9​
7.0​
7.9​
8.8​
9.4​
10.1​
10.4​
10.9​
11.4​
11.2​
10.9​
10.6​
10.4​
9.9​
10.1​
9.5​
8.5​
7.7​
6.7​
5.7​
4.9​
4.3​
3.7​
3.​

Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Food and beverages in U.S. city average, all urban consumers, not seasonally adjusted. CPI-All Urban Consumers.
Now you're changing the topic of the post, if you want to create a post about inflation as a whole then by all means do so but this thread is about groceries...right @Moosefish moose

Now you're changing the topic of the post, if you want to create a post about inflation as a whole then by all means do so but this thread is about groceries...right @Moosefish moose
No, you changed the thread to a discussion of WHY grocery prices soared. I just pointed out why your “lack of competition” argument is FOS.

No, you changed the thread to a discussion of WHY grocery prices soared. I just pointed out why your “lack of competition” argument is FOS.

No I gave you a separate reason for the rise in groceries and you disapprove of the reason and evidence I provided. But the topic is still the rise of groceries 🤣. You guys are hilarious

No I gave you a separate reason for the rise in groceries and you disapprove of the reason and evidence I provided. But the topic is still the rise of groceries 🤣. You guys are hilarious
And the reason you make this argument is not lack of competition but lack of intellect.

Wrong on Carter. Nixon/Ford had WIN buttons (whip inflation now), Nixon had a wage-price freeze for awhile Carter inherited inflation. However none of them caused inflation.

Also I remember applying for a 14% mortgage in 1982, I was happy to assume an 8 1/2 % mortgage after all. It's 7 1/2% today.

Reactions: mitchelldawg

Any numbers that include 2020 are flawed. Most of us were spending a lot less as you couldn't go anywhere.

C'mon man. Joe says in inherited a 9.1% inflation rate. It's all Trump’s fault. Everything is Trump’s fault.
It's a page out of the trump playbook. Blame all bad things on previous administrations and accept no responsibility. We heard that from 2016-2020. Why the double-standard for Biden?

Wrong on Carter. Nixon/Ford had WIN buttons (whip inflation now), Nixon had a wage-price freeze for awhile Carter inherited inflation. However none of them caused inflation.

Also I remember applying for a 14% mortgage in 1982, I was happy to assume an 8 1/2 % mortgage after all. It's 7 1/2% today.

No one mentioned Ford/Nixon, I said Carter......which goes back what, 40 plus years?? But if you have some info on Ford & Nixon I would be happy to look at it.

Compare and contrast this info below, my eyes could deceive me. Didn't see anyone beating 49%,. But Biden has almost a year to go from this chart... and it ain't going down, he has hope.

Let me know if you have issues understanding it:

2.21.24tab1.png

Source.....could be "fake news", BWTFDIK:

No one mentioned Ford/Nixon, I said Carter......which goes back what, 40 plus years?? But if you have some info on Ford & Nixon I would be happy to look at it.

Compare and contrast this info below, my eyes could deceive me. Didn't see anyone beating 49%,. But Biden has almost a year to go from this chart... and it ain't going down, he has hope.

Let me know if you have issues understanding it:

2.21.24tab1.png

Source.....could be "fake news", BWTFDIK:

I cannot see what he posted, but in reference to Nixon/Ford I am sure the inflation had started prior to Carter in ‘77.

Going off the gold standard under Nixon was inflationary though it took awhile to really take hold, plus the debt from the NASA spending and Vietnam were inflationary. Plus, unrest in the Middle East had already started moving the price of oil up.

I am 43 and everybody I know obviously remembers Carter as being bad, but this past four years has been the worst economy that my adult friends can’t remember.

The inflation that has occurred over the past 3 1/2 years has drastically decreased the spending powers of the dollar.

With home prices increasing 60% where I live people can’t even afford to rent a house hardly much less pay for a mortgage.

Disposable income has decreased drastically. My parents don’t even remember a time. This bad besides Carter.

I don’t know any middle-class person and when I say middle-class, I mean making between 40 and $200,000 a year he isn’t struggling on some level:

Teachers are definitely suffering especially if they’re single, mothers or fathers.

I don’t really know anybody who even believes Biden is capable of running the country or is going to pass job in the 30 years he’s been in politics. Obviously some people think Obama is still running the shipbecause Biden can’t even walk.

I’d like to hear what the Dems and lib here thank about the economy.

The only ones I know we’re doing decent move from the democratic controlled area that was just going in the crapper, but still, I can live with a cost of living down here better than California or New York.

The real rate of inflation is about 30% over the COVID project where the Fed opened up the counterfeiting routine. What did you expect.
Exactly inflation is out performing the stock market. So when Dems try to say look at the stock market growth it actually has shrunk in real dollars.

Which leads me to my next comment I don’t know any dem men. Does anyone know a real man who is a den or liberal???

Exactly inflation is out performing the stock market. So when Dems try to say look at the stock market growth it actually has shrunk in real dollars.

Which leads me to my next comment I don’t know any dem men. Does anyone know a real man who is a den or liberal???
Yes, I met a younger lawyer at my old friend's deer camp, his son in law, who is an intelligent guy, I think his generation has been brainwashed and they clump together with the party response. You can't really engage them beyond hate Trump, but almost thought I was opening him up to excercize his mind a bit. They don't seem to have the capacity to exercize independent thought. Really weird to me.

Reactions: Bells76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT