ADVERTISEMENT

Ground wasps……

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
don’t accidentally/intentionally run over their nest with a mower. Got hit probably 6-7 times…and the little bastids will continue to follow you and the mower, just so U will know they mean bidness.

Feisty little shats, they will lit you UP.

FTMF!

Last edited:
don’t accidentally go over their nest with a mower. Got hit probably 6-7 times…and the little bastids will continue to follow you and the mower, just so U will know they mean bidness.

FTMF!
Yep. All in my yard. 2 years ago, I was stung and reacted: swelling, blurry vision, heart racing.. resulted in a big ER visit. 1st time reaction after being stung many times in life.

FTMFers… all of’em… wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, etc. are all out and about right now… the hotter and drier it gets, the more pissed off they get… walk up and down my driveway multiple times daily, and just found some yellow jackets going down into a crack… sprayed it several times and Fers still swarming!

don’t accidentally/intentionally run over their nest with a mower. Got hit probably 6-7 times…and the little bastids will continue to follow you and the mower, just so U will know they mean bidness.

FTMF!
Eastman, are you living in Old Testament Expdus? First, the plague of Cicadas, then the curse of the patio furniture, and now the plague of ground wasps. You better let the Lord’s people go!

Last month I was building a fence and got stung by wasps that built a nest on the bottom of a mason bee house. Hurt like he’ll, hand swole up for two days. Right now I’m battling a yellow jackets at one of my hummingbird feeders with a shop vac. Can’t spray. Battle is too close to call. It’s funny, there is a wasp nest on one of my blueberry bushes that we have no trouble with.

FTMF!
been there my friend!
Bastards do chase...
yellow jackets were my adversary.
I fixed them good!
found the nest.
F'd them up!

The worst ones are the red ,ground hornets, they will put some serious pain on you. I ran over them with a mower when I was a kid & still remember it to this day! Wasp stings hurt, but not like those damn hornets!

FTMF!
I say light them up too, literally! Just be careful not to start a forest fire.

I say light them up too, literally! Just be careful not to start a forest fire.
HA!.....funny story, I came home late one night from my neighborhood bar and used an insecticide (powder). Remember reading the best time to do it was the late evening. Those MOFOS came barreling out of the ground and I took off. They followed me all the way into my garage, I probably got hit maybe 6 or 7 times. I felt the pain worse then than yesterday.

Learned my lesson....drinking and wasps don't mix well together. Will leave the booze off next time or call da MAN.

Last edited:
Last month I was building a fence and got stung by wasps that built a nest on the bottom of a mason bee house. Hurt like he’ll, hand swole up for two days. Right now I’m battling a yellow jackets at one of my hummingbird feeders with a shop vac. Can’t spray. Battle is too close to call. It’s funny, there is a wasp nest on one of my blueberry bushes that we have no trouble with.
dang.......what is funny, is this is the very same place in my yard that I destroyed years ago. They came back, usually they don't.

Last edited:
Quick piece of advice. Always shake big shrubs with a rake or something before pruning. I had a basketball size hornets nest inside some Holly bushes. It was way too late by the time I found out it was there.
That sounds terrible, can see it happening. Well, apparently survived, hope you at least got the tee-shirt.

Good advice!

not nearly as much fun as Fire!

DNVFKpgUEAAonnp.jpg

FTMFers… all of’em… wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, etc. are all out and about right now… the hotter and drier it gets, the more pissed off they get… walk up and down my driveway multiple times daily, and just found some yellow jackets going down into a crack… sprayed it several times and Fers still swarming!
Hit them early in the morning ( just at sunrise) or at night, to make sure they are all in the nest. They also are not on the defense at those times. Killed many nest that way in my 57 years on this earth. I hate all of them as well! As a kid cutting a neighbors grass I ran over a yellow jacket nest and got popped 6-7 times and waited awhile and poured gas in that hole, waited then threw a match and blew a hole in his yard. My neighbor did not mind at all. I fixed it best I could but loved seeing those little bastards flying through the air and laying all over the grass afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: seatonsdawgs
I hate those things. All of them. They are so dangerous, because you never know where they are, and they want to kill.

I got hit by a Guinea wasp walking into the church last Sunday. Nest was above the door. Just walked in and POW, right on top of my head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT