ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Guided Bass fishing trip (private lake/pond)

SprayTanDawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hey all, rarely post but wanted thoughts from fellow venters who've booked a guided bass fishing trip in the past. My oldest son and I just returned from a full day of bass fishing on a private plantation in South Georgia (below the nat line). Meals, landscape and accommodations were all first class. We caught a descent amount of bass but nothing over 2 pounds. Guide said rain (flooding), cold front, etc had a major impact and the big bass had moved out of their normal spots because of it. I had hoped my son would at least catch a descent sized bass but such is fishing and that's not my major complaint.

My complaint is the guide spent almost 95% of the time fishing himself instead of interacting with my son and I. Is that common for bass fishing guides? I ask because I've been to White River Arkansas on guided trout fishing trips several times and not once did the guide fish. Really had my hopes up as the plantation was located on a large private tract with several lakes/ponds; although, with the flooding a lot of them were not accessible.

Any thoughts here? My son and I also had a blast and I'd love for him to have an opportunity to catch something descent sized so any reccomendations would be welcome. Large lakes (Lanier, etc) would not be out of the question but I booked this particular trip because it was on private land so that would be the preference. Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News