ADVERTISEMENT

Gump thoughts on Dawgs vs. Bammer.....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Arian Smith smack talking Gump :
We should have the advantage on the OL and DL with UGA having several injuries, unless some of those guys are coming back?

They don't have a deep threat as far as I know, but Beck will be the best QB we've faced by far.

With the way DeBoer is scheming plays, I think we can win by more than 1 score.

Still doesn't understand who his QB is Gump: What I hope to see moving forward is a consistent attack that isn’t based on the home run ball. I’d love to see the running backs / O line keep the offense on the field longer and keep our defense rested.

Understands who his QB is Gump:
Unfortunately, I just don't think that is our MO. We're a big-play offense. We literally have a chance of scoring on any play from anywhere on the field. But we're not an offense that grinds it out and scores on long, sustained drives that take time off the clock.

I believe this game will be decided by a few big plays. I think we score 3-4 times on explosive plays, but don't do a lot otherwise. I think UGA has 3-4 sustained drives, but will stall out a couple of times in the redzone.

Surprisingly, I think the big play that decides the game will come from our defense rather than our offense - a fumble recovery or interception to stop a drive late in the game to secure the victory.

Recency bias Gump:

I thought we'd lose before week 3 games and then what we did against Wisky and what they did against KY gives me a little more optimism!

McElwain/Smart era Gump: I guess I still have the mindset that a good running game gives you control. If you have a good defense to match it’s hard to beat.

G. McElroy Gump:
We have just as good of chance to win this game as UGA does. They aren't the dominant team they were in their two NC years. They weren't dominant last season either. They took a step back on their DL and that has continued this season. Whether it be from injury or just not replacing talent for talent, they aren't as dominant across their defensive front as they were two and three years ago.

We just need to limit our mistakes which include turnovers and we have a good shot and hanging a "L" on them this weekend.

"I can't hear our arrogance over their barking" Gump: I am just hoping for no complaint thread this week and a Bama win to shut these uga fans up.

"Which refs do we send our money to this week?" Gump: Here's the question of the day.......what ref crew are we getting for this game? We haven't had the Autrey crew yet....so.....are we next on their rotation?

"Deep down, I know we weren't as good as they were last year." Gump:
I obviously want us to win this game because it'll go a long ways in determining the SEC champ. The winner will have a clear leg up at the crown.

The bigger picture though is about "the narrative." I think a lot of people (myself included if I'm being totally honest) think the win last year in the SECCG was a little bit flukey and that Georgia is still the SEC top dog, no pun intended.

A Bama win kinds flips that scrip back toward the good guys. Any anything that stresses Georgia folks is good for us!

"Just bet the moneyline on Beck for the Heisman" Gump: A QB with accuracy can do some damage. Too many guys running free in the secondary the first few weeks.

"Wisconsin > Clemson" Gump:
Coming into the season I thought UGA had a slight edge in this game.

This was mostly based on the idea that UGA was maybe a bit more stable by not seemingly going through as much change as we did in the off-season.

But now that we've seen both teams play a few games I feel like we have a solid edge.

I feel like we are more talented than they are and that we have better coaching top to bottom.

If both teams play their 'A' game I think we win by 7-10 points.

Boatracing Gump:
I think we are going to start out slow on Defense because it seems to take us a bit to catch up to game speed, but I think by the 2nd quarter we are going to lock' em down. I feel like our offense has the potential to score every time we get the ball. UGA isn't the UGA of the past from what I've seen.

Bama 35 UGA 17

"They can't win a big game on the road, Pawl" Gump: Georgia has had the luxury of not having to play difficult games in uncomfortable places over the last few years. They've taken advantage of that to their credit, for the most part. So this will be very different for, not only their players, but the coaching staff as well.

"We're waay better. Also, this will help us determine who our QB is before the better opponents." Gump:
But I just don't think they have the talent to do it. We have too many weapons and we're too explosive.

But I have said that this is the game that will determine who will be QB1 for the rest of the season.

If JM plays well, or if the staff can scheme around his strengths well enough for us to win, he is the man.

If not, I expect to see TS get a valid shot to show what he can do.

"Mama said 'Football is like an ice cream truck, Forrest." Gump: Kirby is the one that needs to worry. "Unpredictable" is the word that keeps ringing in my ear when the pendants talk about Kalen DeBoer's offensive schemes. If we have really been tasting vanilla all year then I am just salivating for a Neapolitan or even tutti fruity!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.