ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard....only online classes for 2020 / 21

CowetaDawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Does this change things for more schools. And can Harvard sports take place without students on campus? May be a sign of things to come.

Does this change things for more schools. And can Harvard sports take place without students on campus? May be a sign of things to come.

Why would you pay whatever it costs to attend Harvard to do online-only classes? Why not take a gap year? I know Harvard can afford the tuition hit- their endowment is a paltry $41 billion- but to me, 95% of college was the experience rather than the classes themselves.

Why would you pay whatever it costs to attend Harvard to do online-only classes? Why not take a gap year? I know Harvard can afford the tuition hit- their endowment is a paltry $41 billion- but to me, 95% of college was the experience rather than the classes themselves.
Why not just go to tech school and get your gen ed out of the way for 5% of the cost

Plus i know a dude who was a janitor at MIT and was just as smart as the damn Harvard kids. He would solve equations at night like it was nothing

Plus i know a dude who was a janitor at MIT and was just as smart as the damn Harvard kids. He would solve equations at night like it was nothing
YSTc.gif

I do believe if the colleges had been honest at this point and admitted in person classes were not going to happen, a huge percentage of students will take a gap year or so as you describe. It’s what the colleges fear.

I’ve got kids attending / preparing for college. Real discussion in our household because we believed this was coming.

About to be some people getting Harvard degrees that shouldnt. And about to be alot of smart people at Harvard making alot of side money.

The country would be a better place if there was no Harvard. Many of our elected officials are Harvard law graduates and have flat failed our country. They are almost batting 0.000
Sure, it would be a much better country if the 160 Nobel winners - 112 in the sciences - and countless other scholars at the forefront of their fields had not matriculated there.

Difficult to say we are "almost batting 0.000" with politicians either when such political luminaries as John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Teddy Roosevelt, and FDR graduated from there.

Reactions: nice marmot
Well, not sure what to think as a brief search shows Harvard and Princeton allowing students back on Campus this year. Hmmm...

Reactions: rectomo
Sure, it would be a much better country if the 160 Nobel winners - 112 in the sciences - and countless other scholars at the forefront of their fields had not matriculated there.

Difficult to say we are "almost batting 0.000" with politicians either when such political luminaries as John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Teddy Roosevelt, and FDR graduated from there.
FDR? His administration was infiltrated with Communist spies. His V.P. before Truman toured Russia and said this communism is a good thing.

Well, not sure what to think as a brief search shows Harvard and Princeton allowing students back on Campus this year. Hmmm...
Saw the same thing. It is a staggered plan and depends on class and research requirements. Incoming and regular Covid testing are required and masks are, of course, mandatory.

FDR? His administration was infiltrated with Communist spies. His V.P. before Truman toured Russia and said this communism is a good thing.
That's all you got out of that? Really?

Whether you like it or not, Harvard is one of the premiere universities in the world and a research powerhouse and our country would be a much worse place without it.

Or maybe we would be better off voting for not Harvard grads? Like it isn’t compulsory

Because they have heavy money backers when they run for office and pretty much buy their way in. Also, once in it’s hard as hell to get them out. That is why we need term limits.

Whether you like it or not, Harvard is one of the premiere universities in the world and a research powerhouse and our country would be a much worse place without it.
Charles Lieber Harvard professor got $50,000 a month from china to help Wuhan Labs and recruit and $1.5 mil to develop nanoscience lab, along with $15 mil from National Institute of Health and DOD for research and lied about china connection To hell with Harvard

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg

And JFK

Reactions: rectomo

Nah.

ADVERTISEMENT