ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Has UGA found its next Ladd McConkey?

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
Today, I was at Athens Academy covering some local teams and also there to see North Oconee wide receiver Landon Roldan. The 6-foot-1, 175-pound wide receiver worked out for a UGA and ran a sub-4.4-second 40-yard dash last week. He also impressed position coach James Coley with his catching skills. He has the size and speed. But is he good enough for the Division I level? Some college coaches think so. Roldan currently has offers from Georgia Tech, Central Michigan, and all of the service academies. However, a source said Georgia is seriously considering offering Roland a scholarship. Roldan told me today he will work out at UGA again next week, and the process with the staff will go from there. He's already good friends with Mike Bobo's son, Jake, so there's that relationship. I'd imagine his offer would be committable if he were extended one. If everything goes right, this could be another great diamond in the rough get for Kirby Smart. Take this name and tuck It away for a few weeks, and let's revisit it after his workout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News