ADVERTISEMENT

Headhunters (job recruiters; not bounties)

mjohns2078

Trash Panda
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2021
Rocket City
Thought about posting this on the Vent, but figured it might get moved over here.

There's a job I am interested in that has been vacant for over 2 years but is not currently posted publicly. I have heard through the grapevine has been turned over to a headhunter to be filled. I have no experience using headhunters to find or fill jobs, but was curious if anyone here knew how I could make myself visible. Is it as simple as creating a profile on Indeed or some similar site?

Thought about posting this on the Vent, but figured it might get moved over here.

There's a job I am interested in that has been vacant for over 2 years but is not currently posted publicly. I have heard through the grapevine has been turned over to a headhunter to be filled. I have no experience using headhunters to find or fill jobs, but was curious if anyone here knew how I could make myself visible. Is it as simple as creating a profile on Indeed or some similar site?
Call the "headhunter" if you know who it is. I've never paid for one, I made sure the company did before I would even pursue it. But everyone's situation is different, do what benefits you most.

Otherwise, if you haven't done it, call the company or research to try and find out what the person's name is that the position reports to. You can then target them and send your information. Sometimes, just sending something in the mail the old-fashioned way that is addressed to the person stands out amongst the other million applicants and your info gets through. Not too many do it that way, but your chances of someone seeing it may be better. A lot of companies use an automated screening software to do their work.... it's tough to just go that route only (electronically).

Try all three ways, headhunter, electronically and sending something by mail and follow up until they tell you to GFY.

Good luck!

Reactions: Zonadog

Maybe a silly question, but could you call the HR dept of the company you are looking at and tell them you want to apply.

You could also tell them how they can get the Braves without Bally !

Reactions: mjohns2078
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT