ADVERTISEMENT

Helene a hand basket!

bulldogmatic

Blackshear Natty Productions, Inc.
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2015
Blackshear, GA
Finally rode east from Wayx to get cell service this evening. Still without power and cell service in North Ware Co and hearing from our local Co-op that it could be several more days. Alabama Power trucks showed up today. (talk about salt in the wound! But we'll take all the help we can get) We've already spent approaching $1,000 on gas for generators. Stayed in line at the only store that had power in Wayx for 4 hrs to get gas. Wife drove to Kingsland y'day to gas up and only waited about 30 minutes. Guys, this is like nothing I've ever seen nor ever hope to see again. In the limited communication we've had with the outside world, we're hearing there are whole communities in SEGA from Valdosta, Homerville, to Waycross, Douglas, & Mcrae to Vidalia, that were devasted(and I'm sure others) No flooding issues down here(Satilla River is out of the banks but seems to ebbing, No idea about the Altamaha, Ogechee, or the Flint further west) Damage here is mainly from straightline 120 mph winds. Amazing to see 1000's of century y/o pines either snapped off or uprooted. We had about $75,000 worth of damage to our house and property, and had approx. 50 acres of 20y/o timber destroyed(which I just spent $10,000 fertilizing) I still don't know the full extent of damage on our 200ac farm because we can't get to most of it, even in our buggy or tractors. Not just pines but age old live & water oaks down everywhere. Just heard state of emergency has been declared and FEMA is otw. I sure hope so. I'm my 53 yrs, SEGA has been blessed when it comes major hurricanes, and tbh I've never appreciated the destruction. Boy I do now. 1st time since I was a young lad in the 80's that it took me less than a week to get over a Dawg loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.