ADVERTISEMENT

Herman Cain has died

Get your facts straight and show some respect for the man and his family... 65
What facts are incorrect here?
He also stated that it was a very sad loss, and it is. Not sure what post you’re reading.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Outrageously unnecessary loss. What exactly do you mean by that?
I am saying that had Herman Cain followed the CDC guidelines regarding masks, social distancing and avoidance of large gatherings that he would most likely be alive today. He was high-risk and the potential repercussions of getting Covid were well known.

Instead he died alone, almost certainly struggling for air, and leaves a heartbroken family to grieve. That is a tragedy, made worse but the fact it likely could have been avoided.

Or not. You have no friggin idea how he contacted the virus. Roga pointed out the other day the death of a 80 year old from his church who stayed shut in, only went out on Doctor visits and wore a mask. If its gonna get you, its gonna get you.

Nope this whole thing is Trump's fault. Woke up with bad gas today, Trump's fault. Traffic on the highway today was bad, Trump's fault. Go ahead and give'em Biden and Co. A part of me actually wants to see their reaction after 4 years of that shat.

Last edited:
Or not. You have no friggin idea how he contacted the virus. Roga pointed out the other day the death of a 80 year old from his church who stayed shut in, only went out on Doctor visits and wore a mask. If its gonna get you, its gonna get you.
So, you're one of those guys who always tries to beat freight trains across RR crossings? Why you wanna do stupid stuff like that?

I know this is super annoying for you, but there is this thing called science that disagrees with your opinion.

noun
  1. the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
    "the world of science and technology"
Science has determined that certain activities increase your odds of getting Covid19. Examples include large gatherings indoors and maintaining close proximity to others for extended periods of time. If you can't avoid the first two, masks are recommended to help reduce the odds of exposure.

Cain willfully and knowingly ignored these recommendations. Funny thing about science, it doesn't care what you, I, Herman Cain, DJT or anyone else thinks. Science derives findings through observation and experiment. Ignore science at your own risk.

Last edited:
I know this is super annoying for you, but there is this thing called science that disagrees with your opinion.

noun
  1. the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
Science has determined that certain activities increase your odds of getting Covid19. Examples include large gatherings indoors and maintaining close proximity to others for extended periods of time. If you can't avoid the first two, masks are recommended to help reduce the odds of exposure.

Cain willfully and knowingly ignored these recommendations. Funny thing about science, it doesn't care what you, I, Herman Cain, DJT or anyone else thinks. Science derives findings through observation and experiment. Ignore science at your own risk.

Noone knows where Herman caught the Kung Flu but one thing is certain...

You are loony as ****.

Reactions: dogstud

noun

Too bad we are not doing contact tracing for those attending protests/riots, so that we could attribute deaths of elderly associated with these Democrat supported activities.

I am saying that had Herman Cain followed the CDC guidelines regarding masks, social distancing and avoidance of large gatherings that he would most likely be alive today. He was high-risk and the potential repercussions of getting Covid were well known.

Instead he died alone, almost certainly struggling for air, and leaves a heartbroken family to grieve. That is a tragedy, made worse but the fact it likely could have been avoided.
He was ventilated and in a hospital with his family there when he died. Where do you get this garbage?

Reactions: dogstud
He was ventilated and in a hospital with his family there when he died. Where do you get this garbage?
Like the vast majority of people who die from Covid19, he was on a ventilator because he wasn't able to process oxygen. Unless he was fully sedated, he was struggling for air.

Have a link regarding his family? If he was surrounded by family, the hospital made a huge exception as visitors are against Covid protocols. One of the tragic elements to this illness is that family is not allowed to be with loved ones when they die.

Have you read much about what it is like to die with this illness? If you did you might alter some of your opinions.

Reactions: celticdawg
Like the vast majority of people who die from Covid19, he was on a ventilator because he wasn't able to process oxygen. Unless he was fully sedated, he was struggling for air.

Have a link regarding his family? If he was surrounded by family, the hospital made a huge exception as visitors are against Covid protocols. One of the tragic elements to this illness is that family is not allowed to be with loved ones when they die.

Have you read much about what it is like to die with this illness? If you did you might alter some of your opinions.
Are you aware of the large number of illnesses that eventually cause people to suffocate, including cancer. Dying is not pretty.

Are you aware of the large number of illnesses that eventually cause people to suffocate, including cancer. Dying is not pretty.
I think we've lost the thread here.

Yes, I am aware that suffocation is the final mechanism of death for a number of illnesses and I have seen it myself. It is awful.

My point, which was clearly lost along the way, is that Herman Cain's death was preventable. He was a leader and someone others looked to for direction and he chose to flout CDC guidelines and he did it publicly and in a way to make a political point. Now he is dead and if others follow his lead they will increase their likelihood of an early, preventable death. And for what?

Yes, I am aware that suffocation is the final mechanism of death for a number of illnesses and I have seen it myself. It is awful.

My point, which was clearly lost along the way, is that Herman Cain's death was preventable. He was a leader and someone others looked to for direction and he chose to flout CDC guidelines and he did it publicly and in a way to make a political point. Now he is dead and if others follow his lead they will increase their likelihood of an early, preventable death. And for what?
Not sure it was lost just stating facts since you were using obvious hyperbole for effect -grasping for air, dying alone. Etc.

If an elderly person chooses to live their life however they want then so be it. There is no guarantee they will, or will not, get CV19 either way. And recovery is still overwhelmingly likely for people in the 70-79 range, but unfortunately that’s not the case for some and in HC’s case as well.

Thousands of deaths a year are preventable. But they still happen.

Reactions: Spe77
Thousands of deaths a year are preventable. But they still happen.
Just because they happen does not mean it’s ok. The point that they are preventable makes them unnecessary deaths, in my opinion at least. And that’s what I’m gathering this post is about and what OP is saying. That a preventable death = an unnecessary death.

So what. Then why dont we shut down our entire way of life because fat asses die unnecessarily from diabetes, heart attacks and strokes. We dont. Its called freedom to live life the way you want to live, not how Big Brother wants you to live. I'll take freedom over fear.

So what. Then why dont we shut down our entire way of life because fat asses die unnecessarily from diabetes, heart attacks and strokes. We dont. Its called freedom to live life the way you want to live, not how Big Brother wants you to live. I'll take freedom over fear.
I'm overeating right now in protest. :D

Stage 4 cancer but COVID was the cause of death. o_O
You are so desperate to avoid acknowledging the embarrassing facts of this situation that you are just making things up.

Herman Cain completed treatment for stage four colon cancer in 2006. According to the release from his own family, he died from complications from Covid19, not died with Covid19.

Ya'll should just admit that this was almost certainly a preventable tragedy and that if HC had followed the recommendations of the experts you and so many others are quick to dismiss that he may very well still have years of life to enjoy with his family.

https://www.survivornet.com/article...-gop-presidential-candidate-dies-of-covid-19/

Sure, you have the freedoms to eat as much as you want to and die from diabetes, heart attacks, etc. That STILL does not mean that the death is not unnecessary.
Do you honestly think that Herman Cain was like
“I’m going to die from this terrible virus, but at least I didn’t have to wear a simple mask! FREEDOM!” Honestly.

Your comparison is weak. Unlike the other issues you list, Covid19 can kill you, others you come in contact with and the healthcare professionals who don’t get to choose who they care for or not. Did you know as of the middle of June over 650 healthcare professionals in the US had died from Covid19?
A better comparison is drunk driving, where your poor choices can impinge on the freedom of others. I don’t remember anyone out there advocating for my right to get wasted and drive home, because freedoms!

Get Outlook for iOS

You are so desperate to avoid acknowledging the embarrassing facts of this situation that you are just making things up.

Herman Cain completed treatment for stage four colon cancer in 2006. According to the release from his own family, he died from complications from Covid19, not died with Covid19.

Ya'll should just admit that this was almost certainly a preventable tragedy and that if HC had followed the recommendations of the experts you and so many others are quick to dismiss that he may very well still have years of life to enjoy with his family.

https://www.survivornet.com/article...-gop-presidential-candidate-dies-of-covid-19/
So, if he only wore a mask he'd be alive right now? That's a laugh.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

He had colon cancer

Your comparison is weak. Unlike the other issues you list, Covid19 can kill you, others you come in contact with and the healthcare professionals who don’t get to choose who they care for or not. Did you know as of the middle of June over 650 healthcare professionals in the US had died from Covid19?
A better comparison is drunk driving, where your poor choices can impinge on the freedom of others. I don’t remember anyone out there advocating for my right to get wasted and drive home, because freedoms!

Get Outlook for iOS
Drunk driving is against the Law. Being a fat ass isnt.

So, if he only wore a mask he'd be alive right now? That's a laugh.
That's not what I said. I said he knowingly and willfully ignored several key elements of the CDC guidelines for preventing infection, including avoiding close contact and wearing a mask when close contact can't be avoided. We know he ignored these guidelines as it was documented in his and others twitter feeds. Nine days after he was in Tulsa ignoring those guidelines he tested positive. It's almost as if these experts have studied the growing body of research results and made recommendations accordingly.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT