Hmmm...PAC 12 players apparently

DawgsRUs87

Loyal Member
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2015
then answer the question. What causes what you are arguing?

@ColdBeerDawg make sure to answer this one. I see three possible answers: (1) totally random that African Americans in your opinion respect women less; (2) African Americans are inately different than whites; or (3) something causes that.
If it is number 3, please let me know what you believe is the cause.
@ColdBeerDawg just wanted to make sure you hadn’t missed this one. Please answer this one before you are off and away on your research quests.

ColdBeerDawg

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2017

Hydrant Chaser

Pillar of the Community
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If they stop breaking the law and committing crimes the legal system won’t come into play.

Formula for a happy life:

1 get a good education
2 get married
3 have children
4 work hard
5 obey the law

Pretty simple
Pretty solid advice.

DawgsRUs87

Loyal Member
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2015
Do you think race is the reason that is why? I completely disagree. The main factors are education and work ethic. So according to your logic whites are racist against everyone, but Asians?
These studies are standardizing education. So I guess I will go back to my question: are you saying that African Americans are born with worse work ethic than Caucasian?

DawgsRUs87

Loyal Member
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2015
These studies are standardizing education. So I guess I will go back to my question: are you saying that African Americans are born with worse work ethic than Caucasian?
Just to clarify what I am saying here @ColdBeerDawg You are saying it is education and work ethic. These studies standardize education. So you are looking at an African American and a Caucasian who both graduated from the same school with the same grades, etc. Your argument then must now be that African Americans have a worse work ethic than Caucasians.

New Coach HC

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2015
Cumming & St Simons Island
Do you think race is the reason that is why? I completely disagree. The main factors are education and work ethic. So according to your logic whites are racist against everyone, but Asians?
There are different value systems.

I'm familiar with a number of well-educated black people who, when they were in high school, were subject to abuse from other blacks, for trying to "act white" because they were taking their studies seriously.

Reactions: ColdBeerDawg

ColdBeerDawg

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2017
No, but not everyone has the same work ethic. To blame shortcomings on race when there is proof that an ethnic minority is outperforming all races proves you are just being a victim and making excuses.

DawgsRUs87

Loyal Member
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2015

I'm familiar with a number of well-educated black people who, when they were in high school, were subject to abuse from other blacks, for trying to "act white" because they were taking their studies seriously.
I am Caucasian and I was made fun of in high school by other Caucasians for studying too much.

DawgsRUs87

Loyal Member
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2015
No, but not everyone has the same work ethic. To blame shortcomings on race when there is proof that an ethnic minority is outperforming all races proves you are just being a victim and making excuses.
Or that actually shows that there is systemic racism. These studies (and there are lots) are standardizing as many factors as they can. The goal should be that everyone is making 100%.

ColdBeerDawg

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2017

This is sad, but true. My co-worker and her husband were both treated that way. Both are uber successful as well.

ColdBeerDawg

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2017
Or that actually shows that there is systemic racism. These studies (and there are lots) are standardizing as many factors as they can. The goal should be that everyone is making 100%.
That will never happen and is not an obtainable goal.

ColdBeerDawg

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2017
What a terrible way to look at things. “Perfection can’t happen, so we shouldn’t strive for perfection.”
It is not logical. No one said to not strive for it, but unfortunately not everyone has the same work ethic or education level.

woofn

Pillar of the Community
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Are threatening to sit out or whatever unless they are guaranteed Covid safety, racial justice among other things....just got an alert from Score....interesting
these demands have changed, not that it matters. This group at 1st was demanding 50% of the total revenue...now its says fair compensation. Thinking their lawyers or whoever is sponsoring the players demands have backed off the 50% talk as now it’s more about getting their foot in the door for a more lucrative payout down the road...hopefully the school presidents don’t cave to this nonsense unless the academics are raised to the rest of the student population and a more equitable diversity of players are fielded on the team by % of racial population. Can the employees of apple or google demand and receive 1/2 of the revenue? Wait, apple and google, etc., would need to hire more based on % of population as well...or is sport diversity different than in business

Last edited:

New Coach HC

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2015
Cumming & St Simons Island
these demands are changed, not that it matters. This group at 1st was demanding 50% of the total revenue...no

these demands have changed, not that it matters. This group at 1st was demanding 50% of the total revenue...now its says fair compensation. Thinking their lawyers or whoever is sponsoring the players demands have backed off the 50% talk as now it’s more about getting their foot in he door for a more lucrative payout down the road...hopefully the school presidents don’t cave to this nonsense unless the academics are raised to the rest of the student population and a more equitable diversity of players are fielded on he team by % of racial population. Can the employees of apple or google demand and receive 1/2 of the revenue? Wait, apple and google, etc., would need to hire more based on % of population as well...or is sport diversity different than in business
Once whites become a minority, which should happen soon, I wonder if there will be protections put into place to help out the white minority.

I would love to see the NBA teams be required to have a certain percentage of white players.

Reactions: dogstud

dogstud

Diehard Member
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
There's racial injustice literally everywhere in America, even in liberal bubbles
Whites experience it too, where companies have gone out of there way to promote minorities and women even if a white man is more qualified and earned it more. Actually that is happening A LOT right now in America.

dogstud

Diehard Member
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
Free tuition
Free room and board
Free top tier medical care
Free training
Free nutritionist
Free books
A stipend for spending money
Treated like a king on a college campus
Soon will have the ability to make extra on name and likeness

Doesn’t sound like a bad gig to me. I’ve read the total value is in the $80k range.
Not enough, MORE, MORE ,MORE!

MCinATL

Letterman
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2013
shout loud enough and make a big scene...rule #1 when those dont get their way
there is an old saying among trial lawyers:

"when you have facts, pound the facts. when you have truth, pound the truth. when you have neither, pound the table"

Reactions: celticdawg

MCinATL

Letterman
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2013
Some of them. Many will have to go to lesser schools. You think the kids at Cal are gonna get the opportunity to get as good of a education somewhere else?
do you believe that most of them care about the quality of education they are getting?

dogstud

Diehard Member
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
Once whites become a minority, which should happen soon, I wonder if there will be protections put into place to help out the white minority.

I would love to see the NBA teams be required to have a certain percentage of white players.
Or a White Entertainment Television, or White History
Please provide me statistical evidence of this. I'm sure there are anecdotes where a white person think they deserved something that a person of color got and they could have only received it because of quotas, but I would need statistical evidence of white people being passed over for promotions in favor of less qualified people of color to give your post and credence whatsoever.
Just like you cannot give me real evidence on what is deemed systemic racism. Our country has bent over the last 50 years with legislation and programs slanted to lend a big helping hand to blacks, and yes some make the most of it and accomplish a good life for themselves. What is systemic is the failure of the black race to own their shortcomings as a whole and demand better parenting and a better family unit, and also to kick away the vices that plague their culture overall. But yes, promotions happen all the time for people that didn't really earn it, merely were given it to even out the numbers, which is really sad.

Reactions: woofn

LT Dawg07

Pillar of the Community
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2008
I hope you don't have children, if you do and you're spreading these racist beliefs to them then our future is doomed.
What were the racist beliefs? I saw him say the black population has many problems that need to take responsibility to address which is absolutely true. That doesn’t mean there aren’t way to improve as a society but personal responsibility should be promoted instead of a massive victim mentality pushed by a certain political party.

We have decades of research on kids being raised by two parents being far more successful than those without. Nearly 80% of black kids are born to a single mother. That’s the number one issue for the black community and most problems can be traced back to it.

The second biggest problem is the lack of emphasis placed on education in the black community. Don’t give me the school funding BS either. Schools aren’t miracle factories. If there is no emphasis on education at home or by the kids friends it doesn’t matter how many iPads you have in the school.

There are obviously other reasons but I’ll leave it there. Also, just because someone has a different opinion than you, that doesn’t make them racist. That’s such a lame response and only serves to shut down discussion.

dogstud

Diehard Member
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
What were the racist beliefs? I saw him say the black population has many problems that need to take responsibility to address which is absolutely true. That doesn’t mean there aren’t way to improve as a society but personal responsibility should be promoted instead of a massive victim mentality pushed by a certain political party.

We have decades of research on kids being raised by two parents being far more successful than those without. Nearly 80% of black kids are born to a single mother. That’s the number one issue for the black community and most problems can be traced back to it.

The second biggest problem is the lack of emphasis placed on education in the black community. Don’t give me the school funding BS either. Schools aren’t miracle factories. If there is no emphasis on education at home or by the kids friends it doesn’t matter how many iPads you have in the school.

There are obviously other reasons but I’ll leave it there. Also, just because someone has a different opinion than you, that doesn’t make them racist. That’s such a lame response and only serves to shut down discussion.
Thank you LT, guy is a whopping doosh

SLC_Dawg

Diehard Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2015
Link to your 2nd paragraph? Asians are the most successful ethnic group in this country, so how are minorities not afforded the same opportunities? The plant manager for my company is hispanic and 3 supervisors are black, they all do great jobs and were given opportunities to succeed. They would tell you that you’re fos.
My boss was black, and he worked hard and succeeded.
Which do you want me to cite sources on? Explain why asians are more successful than whites?

First generation Asians are certainly very successful. It's not magic.They study. A lot. I used to go to an Asian place of business and there were the two sons studying at a table under the watchful eyes of both parents. I'm assuming from the time they got out of school until late night. Did you do that in your house? Not uncommon that first generation Nigerians are also very successful..

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg

mikul1

Letterman
Aug 5, 2010
Are threatening to sit out or whatever unless they are guaranteed Covid safety, racial justice among other things....just got an alert from Score....interesting
The PAC 12 said this weekend they have heard nothing about this. This appears to be an ESPN push makes good news makes you and I dislike college football a little, so it is working .

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg

LT Dawg07

Pillar of the Community
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2008
It's racist because to say it's an issue of personal responsibility completely ignores the systemic issues that have caused those statistics. Because if you aren't attributing it to systemic issues then you're essentially saying that there's something genetically different about black people or there's something culturally wrong with them. Those are racist beliefs.

I do not have the time nor desire to try to sway either of you because there isn't a fact or data point I can use that would change your mind. It's just amazing that the personal responsibility argument is only used in one scenario...
This is simply false. I didn't say there weren't any problems, simply that the majority of the problems are due to personal responsibility choices.

You can absolutely say there is cultural problems without being racist. A culture where the primary music is rap which glorifies drugs, violence, treating women like shit, etc. is a cultural problem. I would say something similar about Islamic cultures that force women to cover their faces and throw gays off buildings in many countries is a cultural problem, wouldn't you agree?

Please at least attempt to quantify or explain these "systemic issues" that prove black people can't be successful in this country. Try not to use simple "whites have x amount more wealth than blacks and therefore it's systemic" as that's simply using a result and not actually identifying a problem.

Despite your beliefs that America is this terrible place, these are the minimum requirements to almost be assured (above 90%) to not require long-term welfare.
-Finish High School
-Don't commit a felony
-Don't have a child before 21

I have zero doubt that most in the black community or any community is capable of reaching those requirements no matter the circumstances. That doesn't mean everyone will be wealthy but it does mean one could live off the work they produce and have some sense of accomplishment in life.