ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm...PAC 12 players apparently

How are you measuring the asymptomatic virus’s? What’s that count at? Just curious as that is the biggest/toughest variable. Not that it matters in my opinion given all of the risks one takes with daily life (pre covid hysteria).
You can’t quantify it, though the CDC is still trying to do their best at doing so & latest estimates is that mortality is somewhere between 0.6% & 1% mortality.

However studies out of Spain & UK suggest that those with a mild or asymptomatic case very likely aren’t developing antibodies that would prevent a future infection. Even those that do, only about 15% of them still had the antibodies a month later. So I would suggest that the number of asymptomatic cases is nowhere as relevant as some seem to think it is.

Your count is irrelevant
1- death count is never irrelevant, for anything.
2- My count was to correct someone else’s math (which they, themselves questioned) based on their own parameters
3- Learn to read
4- Make better comments that help further the discussion

Taking a chance on dying should not matter.
Deer lowered... guess I should’ve just stayed in bed this morning...
Lol some of you only want people to express yourself until a certain point. They can’t even have concern or voice their opinion without some people pulling the “sit and lose ya scholarship” line. It’s wild.
The only reason they’re at the school is to play football... No football, no free ride... common sense to me.
There's racial injustice literally everywhere in America, even in liberal bubbles
There’s also a helluva lot more instances of people working/living together, helping each other out, white/black business owners writing paychecks to black/white employees etc., but focus on the negatives as always. This country isn’t perfect. If systematic racism was so prevalent, then why do more people want to immigrant here than say Canada or Japan?
I've ready your posts, I know you don't think white privilege is a thing. Just keep on living that racist life
Wow... so when I wake up with the sun everyday, work outside in the sun all day, make payments on farm equipment loans, and do my best to provide for my family... it’s a white privilege thing? You are more than welcome to come enjoy that privilege any day... bring help with you and I don’t care if they are purple, green, or orange in color... we start at 6:30-7am... PM me for address.
In New York City, 88% of police stops in 2018 involved Black and Latinx people, while 10% involved white people. (Of those stops, 70% were completely innocent

Black Americans and white Americans use drugs at similar rates, but Black Americans are 6 times more likely to be arrested for it

In the US, Black workers are less likely than white workers to be employed in a job that is consistent with their level of education

Black women are 3 to 4 times more likely to experience a pregnancy-related death than white women, even at similar levels of income and education

Just to name a few. Now I know you're going to say "the legal system isn't causing that"...but I ask you what is causing it?
It’s starts with the family and community my dawg friend... around 70% of black kids grow up without a mother or father. I can’t imagine the decisions I would have made and my lack of respect for authority if my dad wasn’t their to straighten me out. I guess that’s part of my privilege though and I should apologize for it. Wake up man!

Reactions: anon_rk74cn2rd0qzw
Deer lowered... guess I should’ve just stayed in bed this morning...

The only reason they’re at the school is to play football... No football, no free ride... common sense to me.

There’s also a helluva lot more instances of people working/living together, helping each other out, white/black business owners writing paychecks to black/white employees etc., but focus on the negatives as always. This country isn’t perfect. If systematic racism was so prevalent, then why do more people want to immigrant here than say Canada or Japan?

Wow... so when I wake up with the sun everyday, work outside in the sun all day, make payments on farm equipment loans, and do my best to provide for my family... it’s a white privilege thing? You are more than welcome to come enjoy that privilege any day... bring help with you and I don’t care if they are purple, green, or orange in color... we start at 6:30-7am... PM me for address.

It’s starts with the family and community my dawg friend... around 70% of black kids grow up without a mother or father. I can’t imagine the decisions I would have made and my lack of respect for authority if my dad wasn’t their to straighten me out. I guess that’s part of my privilege though and I should apologize for it. Wake up man!
So due to a free scholarship their voice is eliminated in your mind? No right to be concern or speak on topics?

Good. Let the Pac-12 sit this season out. Though that conference is a joke already, it improves the chances of Georgia going to the playoffs just in case some scrubby Pac-12 teams ends up going 10-1 and tries to claim they deserve a playoff spot. Works for me. Now if only the garbage Big-12 and Notre Dame could make the same demands...

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
So due to a free scholarship their voice is eliminated in your mind? No right to be concern or speak on topics?
You are such a brave warrior... “their voice is eliminated”... good grief... Be concerned and speak your mind, but while you do it... giveback the free food, books, clothes, education, etc... this mind set is so soft... it’s easier to be a victim than it is to work harder... wake up!

Reactions: litedawg1968
Are threatening to sit out or whatever unless they are guaranteed Covid safety, racial justice among other things....just got an alert from Score....interesting
They're also demanding a share of the $. I fear for college football.

Reactions: DevilDawg10
They're also demanding a share of the $. I fear for college football.
They also want the multi-millionaire coaches and administrators to take huge pay cuts, and universities to dip into their endowments to save non-profitable sports that they've had to cut recently. Yeah, not going to happen.

You are such a brave warrior... “their voice is eliminated”... good grief... Be concerned and speak your mind, but while you do it... giveback the free food, books, clothes, education, etc... this mind set is so soft... it’s easier to be a victim than it is to work harder... wake up!
You do know what sport bring most of the money to the athletic department right? You keep saying it like the school don’t need the athletes and it’s one sided. They both benefit from each other. I know it’s hard for some people to see things from a different side they may not understand or agree with sometimes but you seem to not even want too. You want to pull a power move and say don’t get your benefits of a scholarship while speaking? Cmon.

Reactions: JB Sterling
Let’s assume that your statistics are correct. Why do a majority of the 70% of black children grow up without a mother or father? Hint: the legal system.
Not entirely. Many choose to leave the house. My guess would be many more than what enters the legal system. It’s a huge problem either way and doesn’t get the focus that it should.

You do know what sport bring most of the money to the athletic department right? You keep saying it like the school don’t need the athletes and it’s one sided. They both benefit from each other. I know it’s hard for some people to see things from a different side they may not understand or agree with sometimes but you seem to not even want too. You want to pull a power move and say don’t get your benefits of a scholarship while speaking? Cmon.

You’re there to play a sport and get a free education... if you want to be an activist, go be an activist… if you want to play football, play football... There’s plenty of other student athletes ready to take your place... looking back, I had no clue the political and personal beliefs of my favorite UGA players, Michael Jordan, or Ken Griffey Jr., etc... this new avenue for some spoiled athletes to pursue “justice” is disgusting and ruining sports for me...

Let’s assume that your statistics are correct. Why do a majority of the 70% of black children grow up without a mother or father? Hint: the legal system.

It is correct... I just looked it up... so the legal system keeps minorities from getting married and starting families? Or is it the core of the community, inner city leaders, loss of religion, and the blatant disrespect for women and oneself? There’s only so long the blame can be shifted away...

Someone needs to explain to the players how business works. You are not entitled to a "cut" of the profits, simply because you are part of the organization.

You agreed to play football, for a free education, at a major university. Nothing more. End of discussion. You are getting the deal YOU made. If you don't like the deal, then leave. But there should be some consequences for those who voluntarily break the commitment they made...like being ruled ineligible for participation at other NCAA institutions.

And I'm not talking about kids that want to transfer for more playing time, etc. I'm talking about quitting, because a school or conference won't meet their demands.

"I'm not going to play, unless you give me a check for 5% of the Rose Bowl money".

"Sorry, not going to happen".

"Well, I'll just leave and go to Georgia Southern".

"Cool, but if you choose to break your agreement to play here, you won't be eligible to play sports there, or anywhere else."

" What time is practice?"

Some of them. Many will have to go to lesser schools. You think the kids at Cal are gonna get the opportunity to get as good of a education somewhere else?

They will be radioactive and no one will want to deal with them.

Definition of systemic racism right there. Saying that minorities are more likely to “blatant[ly] disrespect” women and themselves than people who are more similar to yourself.

Wrong, stats back up what he said. Stop being offended by the truth.

Lol that is the biggest bs excuse of all time. Legal system has nothing to do with people being responsible or a man taking responsibility for his children. How about wear condoms and not break the law?

First, stop making generalizations based on your experience.

second, the point is that minorities that worked as hard as you are not afforded the same opportunities. Make sure to compare apples to apples.

Wtf, my experience is what I have going for me. Don't tell me to stop. That's bs. And what are you doing but generalizing in response

First, stop making generalizations based on your experience.

second, the point is that minorities that worked as hard as you are not afforded the same opportunities. Make sure to compare apples to apples.

Link to your 2nd paragraph? Asians are the most successful ethnic group in this country, so how are minorities not afforded the same opportunities? The plant manager for my company is hispanic and 3 supervisors are black, they all do great jobs and were given opportunities to succeed. They would tell you that you’re fos.

I've ready your posts, I know you don't think white privilege is a thing. Just keep on living that racist life
When the pac12 united players ask for 2% of conference revenue to go to low income black students would you consider that asking for black privilege. And why ask specifically blacks and not all minorities?

If I cite statistics you will call them fake news. Why don’t you cite a source you would believe that you believe supports your position.

Which do you want me to cite sources on? Explain why asians are more successful than whites?

We were talking about “minorities” generally. Why don’t you cite nationwide statistics showing that minorities make equal pay to majorities? Also, most of this thread is about African Americans, so you can cite some statistics there as well.

make sure they are, of course, normalized for similar educational and work background.

You are the one making these claims so prove it. Explain why asians are so successful as well as immigrant Africans?

If they stop breaking the law and committing crimes the legal system won’t come into play.

Formula for a happy life:

1 get a good education
2 get married
3 have children
4 work hard
5 obey the law

Pretty simple
Pretty solid advice.

@ColdBeerDawg just wanted to make sure you hadn’t missed this one. Please answer this one before you are off and away on your research quests.

CarelessOldfashionedBuck-size_restricted.gif

Do you think race is the reason that is why? I completely disagree. The main factors are education and work ethic. So according to your logic whites are racist against everyone, but Asians?

There are different value systems.

I'm familiar with a number of well-educated black people who, when they were in high school, were subject to abuse from other blacks, for trying to "act white" because they were taking their studies seriously.

These studies are standardizing education. So I guess I will go back to my question: are you saying that African Americans are born with worse work ethic than Caucasian?

No, but not everyone has the same work ethic. To blame shortcomings on race when there is proof that an ethnic minority is outperforming all races proves you are just being a victim and making excuses.

There are different value systems.

I'm familiar with a number of well-educated black people who, when they were in high school, were subject to abuse from other blacks, for trying to "act white" because they were taking their studies seriously.

This is sad, but true. My co-worker and her husband were both treated that way. Both are uber successful as well.

Or that actually shows that there is systemic racism. These studies (and there are lots) are standardizing as many factors as they can. The goal should be that everyone is making 100%.

That will never happen and is not an obtainable goal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT