ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm...PAC 12 players apparently

What a terrible way to look at things. “Perfection can’t happen, so we shouldn’t strive for perfection.”

It is not logical. No one said to not strive for it, but unfortunately not everyone has the same work ethic or education level.

It is not logical. No one said to not strive for it, but unfortunately not everyone has the same work ethic or education level.
That is exactly what your post is implying. That it’s unobtainable, so why try?

Are threatening to sit out or whatever unless they are guaranteed Covid safety, racial justice among other things....just got an alert from Score....interesting

these demands have changed, not that it matters. This group at 1st was demanding 50% of the total revenue...now its says fair compensation. Thinking their lawyers or whoever is sponsoring the players demands have backed off the 50% talk as now it’s more about getting their foot in the door for a more lucrative payout down the road...hopefully the school presidents don’t cave to this nonsense unless the academics are raised to the rest of the student population and a more equitable diversity of players are fielded on the team by % of racial population. Can the employees of apple or google demand and receive 1/2 of the revenue? Wait, apple and google, etc., would need to hire more based on % of population as well...or is sport diversity different than in business

Last edited:
these demands are changed, not that it matters. This group at 1st was demanding 50% of the total revenue...no

these demands have changed, not that it matters. This group at 1st was demanding 50% of the total revenue...now its says fair compensation. Thinking their lawyers or whoever is sponsoring the players demands have backed off the 50% talk as now it’s more about getting their foot in he door for a more lucrative payout down the road...hopefully the school presidents don’t cave to this nonsense unless the academics are raised to the rest of the student population and a more equitable diversity of players are fielded on he team by % of racial population. Can the employees of apple or google demand and receive 1/2 of the revenue? Wait, apple and google, etc., would need to hire more based on % of population as well...or is sport diversity different than in business

Once whites become a minority, which should happen soon, I wonder if there will be protections put into place to help out the white minority.

I would love to see the NBA teams be required to have a certain percentage of white players.

Reactions: dogstud
There's racial injustice literally everywhere in America, even in liberal bubbles
Whites experience it too, where companies have gone out of there way to promote minorities and women even if a white man is more qualified and earned it more. Actually that is happening A LOT right now in America.

Free tuition
Free room and board
Free top tier medical care
Free training
Free nutritionist
Free books
A stipend for spending money
Treated like a king on a college campus
Soon will have the ability to make extra on name and likeness

Doesn’t sound like a bad gig to me. I’ve read the total value is in the $80k range.
Not enough, MORE, MORE ,MORE!

shout loud enough and make a big scene...rule #1 when those dont get their way
there is an old saying among trial lawyers:

"when you have facts, pound the facts. when you have truth, pound the truth. when you have neither, pound the table"

Reactions: celticdawg
Some of them. Many will have to go to lesser schools. You think the kids at Cal are gonna get the opportunity to get as good of a education somewhere else?
do you believe that most of them care about the quality of education they are getting?

Once whites become a minority, which should happen soon, I wonder if there will be protections put into place to help out the white minority.

I would love to see the NBA teams be required to have a certain percentage of white players.
Or a White Entertainment Television, or White History
Please provide me statistical evidence of this. I'm sure there are anecdotes where a white person think they deserved something that a person of color got and they could have only received it because of quotas, but I would need statistical evidence of white people being passed over for promotions in favor of less qualified people of color to give your post and credence whatsoever.
Just like you cannot give me real evidence on what is deemed systemic racism. Our country has bent over the last 50 years with legislation and programs slanted to lend a big helping hand to blacks, and yes some make the most of it and accomplish a good life for themselves. What is systemic is the failure of the black race to own their shortcomings as a whole and demand better parenting and a better family unit, and also to kick away the vices that plague their culture overall. But yes, promotions happen all the time for people that didn't really earn it, merely were given it to even out the numbers, which is really sad.

Reactions: woofn
I hope you don't have children, if you do and you're spreading these racist beliefs to them then our future is doomed.
What were the racist beliefs? I saw him say the black population has many problems that need to take responsibility to address which is absolutely true. That doesn’t mean there aren’t way to improve as a society but personal responsibility should be promoted instead of a massive victim mentality pushed by a certain political party.

We have decades of research on kids being raised by two parents being far more successful than those without. Nearly 80% of black kids are born to a single mother. That’s the number one issue for the black community and most problems can be traced back to it.

The second biggest problem is the lack of emphasis placed on education in the black community. Don’t give me the school funding BS either. Schools aren’t miracle factories. If there is no emphasis on education at home or by the kids friends it doesn’t matter how many iPads you have in the school.

There are obviously other reasons but I’ll leave it there. Also, just because someone has a different opinion than you, that doesn’t make them racist. That’s such a lame response and only serves to shut down discussion.

What were the racist beliefs? I saw him say the black population has many problems that need to take responsibility to address which is absolutely true. That doesn’t mean there aren’t way to improve as a society but personal responsibility should be promoted instead of a massive victim mentality pushed by a certain political party.

We have decades of research on kids being raised by two parents being far more successful than those without. Nearly 80% of black kids are born to a single mother. That’s the number one issue for the black community and most problems can be traced back to it.

The second biggest problem is the lack of emphasis placed on education in the black community. Don’t give me the school funding BS either. Schools aren’t miracle factories. If there is no emphasis on education at home or by the kids friends it doesn’t matter how many iPads you have in the school.

There are obviously other reasons but I’ll leave it there. Also, just because someone has a different opinion than you, that doesn’t make them racist. That’s such a lame response and only serves to shut down discussion.
Thank you LT, guy is a whopping doosh

Link to your 2nd paragraph? Asians are the most successful ethnic group in this country, so how are minorities not afforded the same opportunities? The plant manager for my company is hispanic and 3 supervisors are black, they all do great jobs and were given opportunities to succeed. They would tell you that you’re fos.

My boss was black, and he worked hard and succeeded.
Which do you want me to cite sources on? Explain why asians are more successful than whites?

First generation Asians are certainly very successful. It's not magic.They study. A lot. I used to go to an Asian place of business and there were the two sons studying at a table under the watchful eyes of both parents. I'm assuming from the time they got out of school until late night. Did you do that in your house? Not uncommon that first generation Nigerians are also very successful..

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Are threatening to sit out or whatever unless they are guaranteed Covid safety, racial justice among other things....just got an alert from Score....interesting
The PAC 12 said this weekend they have heard nothing about this. This appears to be an ESPN push makes good news makes you and I dislike college football a little, so it is working .

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
It's racist because to say it's an issue of personal responsibility completely ignores the systemic issues that have caused those statistics. Because if you aren't attributing it to systemic issues then you're essentially saying that there's something genetically different about black people or there's something culturally wrong with them. Those are racist beliefs.

I do not have the time nor desire to try to sway either of you because there isn't a fact or data point I can use that would change your mind. It's just amazing that the personal responsibility argument is only used in one scenario...
This is simply false. I didn't say there weren't any problems, simply that the majority of the problems are due to personal responsibility choices.

You can absolutely say there is cultural problems without being racist. A culture where the primary music is rap which glorifies drugs, violence, treating women like shit, etc. is a cultural problem. I would say something similar about Islamic cultures that force women to cover their faces and throw gays off buildings in many countries is a cultural problem, wouldn't you agree?

Please at least attempt to quantify or explain these "systemic issues" that prove black people can't be successful in this country. Try not to use simple "whites have x amount more wealth than blacks and therefore it's systemic" as that's simply using a result and not actually identifying a problem.

Despite your beliefs that America is this terrible place, these are the minimum requirements to almost be assured (above 90%) to not require long-term welfare.
-Finish High School
-Don't commit a felony
-Don't have a child before 21

I have zero doubt that most in the black community or any community is capable of reaching those requirements no matter the circumstances. That doesn't mean everyone will be wealthy but it does mean one could live off the work they produce and have some sense of accomplishment in life.

This is simply false. I didn't say there weren't any problems, simply that the majority of the problems are due to personal responsibility choices.

You can absolutely say there is cultural problems without being racist. A culture where the primary music is rap which glorifies drugs, violence, treating women like shit, etc. is a cultural problem. I would say something similar about Islamic cultures that force women to cover their faces and throw gays off buildings in many countries is a cultural problem, wouldn't you agree?

Please at least attempt to quantify or explain these "systemic issues" that prove black people can't be successful in this country. Try not to use simple "whites have x amount more wealth than blacks and therefore it's systemic" as that's simply using a result and not actually identifying a problem.

Despite your beliefs that America is this terrible place, these are the minimum requirements to almost be assured (above 90%) to not require long-term welfare.
-Finish High School
-Don't commit a felony
-Don't have a child before 21

I have zero doubt that most in the black community or any community is capable of reaching those requirements no matter the circumstances. That doesn't mean everyone will be wealthy but it does mean one could live off the work they produce and have some sense of accomplishment in life.
This guy! He says you cannot say there are fundamental cultural issues without being racist. Wow, he is part of the problem. That's right, don't hold people to higher standards, not at all, that's being racist.

Last edited:
Haha, you're bringing up rap music now? That's rich.

Let's see...some examples, even though you won't actually think any of them are the result of systemic racism, all just personal responsibility:
- black people have never been close to achieving representation in congress that matches up with their percentage of the population. You might say "well then they should show up to vote more"...but there has been a consistent trend towards closing polling locations in areas with predominantly black voters. This is voter suppression, this is systemic racism.
- black people make roughly 62 cents for every dollar white people make. This is a chick or egg situation, you're going to say they're less qualified and shouldn't earn as much, I'm going to say if pay was higher it would allow for them to better support their family and pay for their child's education and reduce the wealth gap.
- When all other variables are controlled for, black people are rejected for mortgages at almost twice the rate of white people.
- Black women giving birth die at a rate of 4-5x that of white women. When surveyed, 25% of medical residents thought black people had thicker skin, literally, not figuratively.
- Black people and white people use drugs at the same rate, but black people are 3x more likely to be arrested for it.

Just a few examples. But the majority of the issues are the result of the incarceration of black men. We went straight from slavery to Jim Crowe laws which began a process that has continued to today of incarcerating black people at rates far in excess of any other race. The war on drugs (Raegan) and minimum mandatory sentences (Clinton) are large contributors to this problem.
What's rich about bringing up rap music? It's the primary music listened to by young, black men and glorifies bad things. It's just an example of a part of their culture that isn't helping things.

-Representation is based on where you live and the accompanying district. Many black Americans live near one another in places and those districts typically have a black representative. You can argue gerrymandering all you want but if the districts were drawn differently, there is a good chance of less black representation, not more. This isn't proof of systemic racism at all but good try.
-I can't comment on polling locations but I'm guessing you are basing that completely off the primary in Georgia? I imagine they had a difficult time estimating polling location needs given COVID and also when compared to the "white suburbs" there wasn't a Presidential primary for republicans so that would lower turnout. Also, each county controls their polling locations so I doubt primarily black representatives in DeKalb were actively trying to suppress the black vote there. Most of these allegations aren't based on much and there are logical explanations. I've always had lines in big elections no matter where I've been. There is no guarantee of a short line for anyone.
-62 cents on the dollar is easy to explain simply based on education which I already mentioned isn't prioritized in the black community hardly at all. You don't just "pay people more" based on nothing at all. Capitalism doesn't work that way, if you have more skills that are desired by the market, you make more, not the other way around. That's common sense, what world do you live in?
Indian americans are the most successful demographic group and make a good bit more than whites, is that racist? Maybe they should just pay all whites more to catch up? That's how absurd your logic is here.

-The mortgage thing has been debunked over and over again. Your race isn't asked for on a mortgage application. These studies that make this claim compare only similar income and don't take into account credit score, Debt to income ratio or anything else which are obviously what matters to lenders.
-Are you saying doctors and nurses are actively killing black women? WTF? They likely die at a higher rate due to their higher obesity percentages and more reliant on Medicaid which equals less quality of care. That doesn't mean it's racist.
-The last point would be the only decent one when comparing crack sentencing to cocaine sentencing which is finally being addressed. If it's just based on the weed article (which I saw) it doesn't take into account what the actual arrest was for (you know arrested for armed robbery but had weed on them), the amount of weed (lots vs little) or how many prior arrests they have, obviously that would be considered in the sentencing.

As I said before, there are obviously issues that still need to be worked out in this country and was to improve but pointing at results and saying "it's racism" is beyond simplistic. Also, telling black people they are a victim for everything doesn't help them at all. It simply breeds anger and hopelessness, plus it's typically not true. Are there shitty racist people out there? Sure but they will never change and simply labeling everything in the world as "racist" doesn't help make the point or draw people closer together at all.

Again, finish high school, don't commit a felony (weed arrest doesn't equal a felony) and don't have a baby by 21 is easily achievable for anyone. This should be promoted but instead you just push the victim mentality.

If everything is based on race as you seem to believe, why are there so many poor white trash out there? Why are Indian Americans the most successful demographic (followed by Japanese American and Koreans if I recall)? Why are Nigerian immigrants earning slightly above the median wage and far more successful than AA's despite immigrating here with virtually nothing? The answer is that race does play a role but no where near the level you believe. Finish high school, go to college, have kids with two active parents and don't commit felonies and you will be successful here no matter where you come from or the color of your skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldmandawg
It's funny, I know you have disdain for me due to my views but I think we'd have good dialogue in person.

But my time here is done, I've been on here 3 years (under different usernames) and had never posted until this last month. I figured I'd throw my views out there before my membership expires just to see how it was received and it went as expected, solidifying my desire to cancel the membership. It is quite humorous how infuriated everyone got though, I had like 10 people on 3 different threads who would all genuinely smile while watching me drown. Oh well, win some lose some.
The only person infuriated is you because nobody agrees with you. I should be angry at you because you're a Marxist, anti-Semitic POS, but I don't care enough about you to muster the emotion although I can say with unconditional confidence that my attitude would be decidedly different if we were in the same room. BTW this site is free, but you're welcome to cancel yourself. Nobody would miss you.

Reactions: dogstud
It's funny, I know you have disdain for me due to my views but I think we'd have good dialogue in person.

But my time here is done, I've been on here 3 years (under different usernames) and had never posted until this last month. I figured I'd throw my views out there before my membership expires just to see how it was received and it went as expected, solidifying my desire to cancel the membership. It is quite humorous how infuriated everyone got though, I had like 10 people on 3 different threads who would all genuinely smile while watching me drown. Oh well, win some lose some.
I pray for the white people that are under you. Its ashamed that you are leaving here, but please do me a favor, treat them fairly.

I don’t disdain anyone for their views. I actually welcome debate.

Your side is the one actively shutting down any discussion by calling anyone who disagrees with them a racist. I actually don’t think you are normally like that but you have fallen into the same trap. It’s been a pretty impressive move to shift the Dem party dramatically left in the past few years using the same tactic to shut down more moderate Democrats who are afraid of being called one of the terms of the moment (racist, xenophobic, sexist, transphobic, etc). Good people I know who couldn’t even say they disagreed with looting, rioting, burning buildings, attacking people, etc. There is no longer any diversity of opinion allowed on the left which is a bit scary.

ADVERTISEMENT