ADVERTISEMENT

Honest discussion for everyone...

George Hayduke

Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor
Mar 15, 2017
Yonder Mountain
Since this was “national” conversation about a local matter last night I figured it would be interesting to hear thoughts. For the record I don’t watch Fox or any news, this was sent to me from someone who doesn’t even live in Georgia let alone metro atlanta.

so the questions-
Is there a problem
Who is the problem
Would you support annexation of buckhead
What are solutions (practical, not utopian bs)

Is there something we can read about whatever? I don't watch videos and most certainly not of that fop, but I am happy to discuss most anything.

Is there something we can read about whatever? I don't watch videos and most certainly not of that fop, but I am happy to discuss most anything.
Sure but I can’t rattle off everything, basically atlanta crime is skyrocketing. Lots of unprovoked attacks of blacks on whites. Murders, violent crimes and car theft are all up over 50%. The mayor has lost the trust and support of the police force because of her actions so it’s only gonna get worse. Buckhead is 40% of Atlanta’s tax base and is treated like dirt by the local politicians because they are white which is evil apparently so they want to annex to form their own police force that will get support it needs to protect its citizens.

The best way to clean up Atlanta is to do what NYC did when crime was out of hand. NYC adopted a "broken windows" approach where every little violation was cited. It involved indiscriminate body checks for guns, etc and also was accused of profiling but it worked. Unfortunately, the majority of the black populace (especially the black activists) will never go along with this. So I don't see an option for the safety of Buckhead unless they form their own police department.

Sure but I can’t rattle off everything, basically atlanta crime is skyrocketing. Lots of unprovoked attacks of blacks on whites. Murders, violent crimes and car theft are all up over 50%. The mayor has lost the trust and support of the police force because of her actions so it’s only gonna get worse. Buckhead is 40% of Atlanta’s tax base and is treated like dirt by the local politicians because they are white which is evil apparently so they want to annex to form their own police force that will get support it needs to protect its citizens.
Anecdotally I have heard the same thing from a ton of people. It has been bad enough that folks who have always loved the City and planned to always live there are moving out. 911 calls going unanswered. Unprovoked BS. The fact that you can’t feel safe at Lenox Mall is absolutely inexcusable.

Police need to take down and punish bad guys. And bad guys need to know it. This used to be a universally held belief. How could it not be?

Logical people know that there is plenty of middle ground between police brutality and allowing criminals free reign. But logic doesn’t win votes apparently. Like so many things the pendelum as swung way too far.

This is what a retired Police Detective in Savannah said in response to the mass shooting in that city this weekend: (Bold is interviewer's question in the first instance, my own summation in the second. I am not qualified to evaluate his recipe for a fix, but there it is):

Q: Basically every metro area in the U.S. has had nearly record-breaking homicide rates since the start of the pandemic. Many sociologists are trying to figure this out. But why do you think the violent crime rate got so high?​

There’s a panic mentality. People got scared and starting doing things motivated out of fear, like buying up all the toilet paper. Things that when you step back a little, you’re like, OK, that’s kind of irrational.

All law-abiding citizens are trying to stay safe and minimize risks. But as always, there are people who don’t care about your pandemic. They don’t care about your safety. They see that you’re weak, and they capitalize on it. They see everyone huddled and frightened, and they’re going to take advantage.

Talking about political changes in Savannah (and so not really a question) the detective got around to saying the following. To be clear, he's obviously a gun rights guy, but this is what he said in the context of stemming the current tide of violence:​

The bottom line is you have to make the bad guys uncomfortable. You’re not supposed to talk anymore about things like mandatory minimum sentencing. But what would happen if we really stiffen penalties for committing a felony with a firearm?

A federal gun charge is about the only thing the bad guys are really scared of, because fed time is real time. There’s no parole.

If you get caught carrying a firearm without a permit now, it’s just a misdemeanor. Jails aren’t even taking anyone in for misdemeanor crimes right now. So what do you do, write them a ticket?

For you and me, we really don’t want that, we don’t want to get wrapped up in the justice system. But a career criminal does not give a shit.

Since this was “national” conversation about a local matter last night I figured it would be interesting to hear thoughts. For the record I don’t watch Fox or any news, this was sent to me from someone who doesn’t even live in Georgia let alone metro atlanta.

so the questions-
Is there a problem
Who is the problem

We have created a culture that people are not responsible for their on actions. We have created the narrative that the police are bad and it's criminals are mistreated . When I say we I am talking about the liberals that have taken over the democratic party and play the race card at every incident. I hope Buckhead is successful and can create their own police force and own media to tell the story. I for one am feed up with the BS

so the questions-
Is there a problem
Who is the problem

I moved from buckhead a while ago but know plenty of people that still live there, and I have been hearing about these kind of issues anecdotally for over a year, now stats seem to be backing up all the sensational stories. When the data backs the anecdotal, certainly feels like a real issue. I am not really up to speed on the nuances around annexation, so would be interested in hearing from someone that is. It seems as it would allow their tax dollars to go to more specific places that directly benefit and serve the taxpayers. It would also allow buckhead to fully fund a police force that would feel supported instead of demonized the way many are around the country, especially in more Democratic cities. Looking at the Buckhead boundary map, there are some fairly good natural borders (specifically I-75 and I-85) which I think would be helpful for this to work. I’m sure that regardless of what is right, Buckhead will get torn apart by the national media and Democrats, who will chant racist, racist, racist. When you are a hammer, everything is a nail.

Anecdotally I have heard the same thing from a ton of people. It has been bad enough that folks who have always loved the City and planned to always live there are moving out. 911 calls going unanswered. Unprovoked BS. The fact that you can’t feel safe at Lenox Mall is absolutely inexcusable.

Police need to take down and punish bad guys. And bad guys need to know it. This used to be a universally held belief. How could it not be?

Logical people know that there is plenty of middle ground between police brutality and allowing criminals free reign. But logic doesn’t win votes apparently. Like so many things the pendelum as swung way too far.
Yeah common sense would say they have to get a grip on crime. But...they are going the opposite direction. And with a voter base that routinely and religiously votes for skin color and handouts above all else this problem isn’t going to get fixed any time soon. So what does the future of atlanta look like? We can speak in hyperbole and say hell or Baghdad or whatever but I could see a Detroit/south Chicago situation developing fast. Brookhaven and Buckhead use to be safe enclaves. When that safety and security disappears what is left to hold it together?

Right out of the Fox/Tucker playbook. Weave together a narrative using half truths and opinions that black criminals are killing hard-working, innocent pure white citizens. Throw in taxation and blame democrats for extra outrage. Ticks all the boxes.

Reactions: nice marmot
Right out of the Fox/Tucker playbook. Weave together a narrative using half truths and opinions that black criminals are killing hard-working, innocent pure white citizens. Throw in taxation and blame democrats for extra outrage. Ticks all the boxes.

So what were the half truths? Does the Buckhead area only contribute 20% of the city taxes? Did the young pregnant woman only get stabbed twice instead of 4 times? Was the jogger mistakenly shot by a bicycling Mormon missionary? Were the "pure white" citizens really underworld crime bosses?

I'd really like to know because I saw all of these news stories reported about identically to what Tucker said in his monologue and I know if I lived in an area that was seeing rising crime, I'd want answers. You don't get those answers without being honest and right now, for whatever reason, our cities are experiencing increasing violence at a time when local enforcement and courts aren't taking the perps off the streets and keeping them off the streets.

The two 15yos who shot the security guard did so while the guard never pulled his weapon, and was talking to them and trying to deesculate the situation. I can't wait for our Freudian woke force step into that situation and tell those adult 15yo that if they didn't want to have sex with their mother, they wouldn't act out violently. I'm sure they would've just dropped theirvweapons...no crime. But, because they are 15, they will be released within 72 hours to their mama who will cry and shout on TV that these are great boys who only shot because they felt threatened by the security guard. Guess what color the security guard is?

So what were the half truths? Does the Buckhead area only contribute 20% of the city taxes? Did the young pregnant woman only get stabbed twice instead of 4 times? Was the jogger mistakenly shot by a bicycling Mormon missionary? Were the "pure white" citizens really underworld crime bosses?

I'd really like to know because I saw all of these news stories reported about identically to what Tucker said in his monologue and I know if I lived in an area that was seeing rising crime, I'd want answers. You don't get those answers without being honest and right now, for whatever reason, our cities are experiencing increasing violence at a time when local enforcement and courts aren't taking the perps off the streets and keeping them off the streets.
Fox “News” is rotting Americans brains. Like wrestling, not real, pure entertainment. They don’t believe half the stuff they say, they have admitted as much in court. Their sole purpose is to stir people up, ratings and clicks. At the cost of dividing our country. Divided we fall.

Fox “News” is rotting Americans brains. Like wrestling, not real, pure entertainment. They don’t believe half the stuff they say, they have admitted as much in court. Their sole purpose is to stir people up, ratings and clicks. At the cost of dividing our country. Divided we fall.
So, that murder we witnessed was no big deal in your professional opinion?

I didn't ask for your opinion of Fox News and their opinion shows. I asked what part of the monologue was half truths. As I stated, I have seen every thing Carlson presented almost identically from hard news outlets. We've established you don't like Fox News, let's see if you can defend the idea that it was half true.

I didn't ask for your opinion of Fox News and their opinion shows. I asked what part of the monologue was half truths. As I stated, I have seen every thing Carlson presented almost identically from hard news outlets. We've established you don't like Fox News, let's see if you can defend the idea that it was half true.
I do not have all day to fact check Fox News, that could take weeks. They cherry picked a few tragic cases in a city of millions, quoted an increase in crime. Which of course was the case, you were rolling over the pandemic when crime was way down. Lenox Square is perfectly safe, again tragic isolated incidents. Frankly, with the rash of mass shootings, you could argue that workplaces are far more dangerous than going to Lenox Square. Then he piles on some dogma about dog whistles and helicopters to the Hamptons, Bill Gates etc. Typical Tucker stirring the pot race baiting.

I do not have all day to fact check Fox News, that could take weeks. They cherry picked a few tragic cases in a city of millions, quoted an increase in crime. Which of course was the case, you were rolling over the pandemic when crime was way down. Lenox Square is perfectly safe, again tragic isolated incidents. Frankly, with the rash of mass shootings, you could argue that workplaces are far more dangerous than going to Lenox Square. Then he piles on some dogma about dog whistles and helicopters to the Hamptons, Bill Gates etc. Typical Tucker stirring the pot race baiting.
Lol, but everything he said was accurate.

Look, if you want to have a conversation around the crime issues in Atlanta, which I agree there are plenty and there are no easy answers, cool. But to lead it off with a link to a monologue from Tucker Carlson is a turd in the punch bowl. As I said earlier, that guy exist to stir things up. He’s not interested in the facts - only ratings and division.

It’s called spin, that’s what the highly paid producers at Fox job is. To weave a narrative based on a few linked incidence to stir people up. Tucker just reads the monitor.
So what was false? There is indeed a Buckhead commission that is trying to severe itself from the city of Atl. Bottoms did indeed screw up the firing of the officer that shot the suspect that fired a taser at him. Atl and most other big cities are indeed losing cops. It's a real story and those were real facts presented on an opinion show. Hell, if WAPO, NYT the MSM and CNN had been that honest and the social media giants weren't allowed to edit opinions while still being protected, Trump would still be POTUS.

I don't pretend to Know, but

several weeks ago a trusted coworker asked me if I'd heard any of what you postulate.
she knows I try to keep up with current events.
she stated that her "shrink" who lives in Dunwoody has been hearing from friends and others.
the lady made coworker think there may be a coverup of crime in the ATL.

it's not journalistic reporting,
just thought it might be relevant to your query,
or make the waters more muddy.

it took me by surprise when she asked Me.!?

It’s called spin, that’s what the highly paid producers at Fox job is. To weave a narrative based on a few linked incidence to stir people up. Tucker just reads the monitor.
While Tucker can of course be annoying, over-the-top, or whatever else you want to call him, the Buckhead piece was pretty spot on. The facts, statistics, recent stories, anecdotal information from many people I know in the area all lead to the same conclusion. You might be right overall on Fox and Tucker, but you don't know what you are talking about on the Buckhead info.

While Tucker can of course be annoying, over-the-top, or whatever else you want to call him, the Buckhead piece was pretty spot on. The facts, statistics, recent stories, anecdotal information from many people I know in the area all lead to the same conclusion. You might be right overall on Fox and Tucker, but you don't know what you are talking about on the Buckhead info.
As my 22 year old son put it, by the time Tucker (the entertainer, not newsman) talks about an issue it has already made the rounds of alternative news sites and is essentially "old news' to those of us who tune out the drive by media. (Maybe not Tuckers fault either, maybe his corporate controllers). Not exactly cutting edge reporting unless someone who listens to the other 5 corporate media companies hears something like this and then claims "conspiracy theory".

Not any different than Fox now reporting that masks need to go and the virus came from a lab. FFS, some of us knew that a year ago.

As my 22 year old son put it, by the time Tucker (the entertainer, not newsman) talks about an issue it has already made the rounds of alternative news sites and is essentially "old news' to those of us who tune out the drive by media. (Maybe not Tuckers fault either, maybe his corporate controllers). Not exactly cutting edge reporting unless someone who listens to the other 5 corporate media companies hears something like this and then claims "conspiracy theory".

Not any different than Fox now reporting that masks need to go and the virus came from a lab. FFS, some of us knew that a year ago.

note the cowbell.?

You libs just can’t stand to hear the truth!

Look, if you want to have a conversation around the crime issues in Atlanta, which I agree there are plenty and there are no easy answers, cool. But to lead it off with a link to a monologue from Tucker Carlson is a turd in the punch bowl. As I said earlier, that guy exist to stir things up. He’s not interested in the facts - only ratings and division.
And here comes the lib and the Dem propaganda!

Reactions: deadduckdawg
I’m not going to defend FOX, but CNN and MSNBC are the absolute worst. Neither of those outlets have anyone like a Chris Wallace. NYT and WaPo are no longer credible news organizations, and Vanity Fair is pure, unadulterated fiction.

Wow. 20 plus years ago, I visited Lenox Square Mall. A LOT. It was pretty lib back then but a cool place to go. I mean ATL is in our backdoor. Heck, some of you live there. I used to be proud of ATL. Not any more. Disgraceful what has happened. Under ALL Dem leadership.

We are at the point finally, where we can’t beat them at the ballot box, and can’t enforce the laws. The only course of action is to move.

Reactions: deadduckdawg

Harry , what news channel will you recommend to me ? Thanks .

Read more books, essays, try Foreign Policy or Harper's or The Economist or anything, really, that isn't on television. Shoot, you can get more out of People Magazine or the New York Times Styles Section than from Television News.

Actually, if you don't want to read from multiple services, you could try The Week.
n-m

Reactions: HarryDawg'95
None of them. TV news today only exists to drive ratings and ad revenue. The days of civility - Dan Rather, Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw - are over. For something of critical national importance - a foreign policy crisis or election night - I’ll watch CNBC.

Since you asked my opinion, lay off news all together - you’ll likely be a happier, healthier person. Invest that time to make your local community a better place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT