ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you are going to run out and get this new Apple watch?

I don't even have an Apple phone or computer, their phone has...

the shortest battery life of any phone I've ever seen. Friends who have them report having a hard time getting 24 hours use before needing to charge.

Apple has some neat stuff, but it's not for me.

I have a Razr MaxxHD and it last for 2 days as opposed to 1 day

on the old Droid Bionic I had.

This post was edited on 3/9 2:49 PM by Ty TyDawg

I've got a Motorola Droid, I can get 2 days out of it if I don't use it...

a whole lot. A friend with a new iphone can't make it a full day, if we go to a game in Athens, he has to plug in as soon as we get back to the car. He also says when his gets to about 20% battery life, he really can't make a call that will last more than a couple of minutes or the low battery tone starts going off. Mine will work fine right up until about 5% charge and then it will beep.

I asked to look at a Rolex at Windsors in Augusta a couple

weeks ago. The sales lady (who was kinda hot) said "oh wow you've picked a good one....That one is only $18,345.00".
This post was edited on 3/9 2:57 PM by InsureDawg02

Battery on my 5 works perfectly.....

I have yet to see a phone that didn't need charging every now and then. Mine will stream music over LTE most of the day with no issues.....streaming over wifi is much easier on phone batteries for sure. I have noticed that.

What's the deal with inside the stadium?................

Even if mine doesn't get used a lot during a game, it gets drained pretty good. iPhone 5 and my battery will usually last about a day a half.

Sounds like short life to me, they had a recall on some of the 5's

you can check your phone serial number and see if your phone battery was affected. Do you run bluetooth all the time? Some apps draw when you don't realize it too. Locations etc..this can be turned off in settings.

This post was edited on 3/9 3:03 PM by McDonoughDawg

My buddy had his switched out by Apple, before the switch, he could...

barely make it through the work day without charging. He says if his phone is fully charged when he leaves home and he doesn't use it much, he can go until about lunch the next day before he needs to charge. Wifi definitely helps with all phones and bluetooth really sucks them dry. My tech savvy buddy explained that when bluetooth is on, the phone is always actively pinging looking for bluetooth to connect to so it never really goes into battery save mode.

I've had one for years, don't see what all the fuss is about...

41KuklvvHFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I mainly quit wearing a watch when I started carrying a cell phone

most places I went. Never been much into jewelry.

That said, I can tell time by the sun.

They sell a ton of Rolex watches at Windsor, they are one of the...

largest Rolex dealers on the East coast. The owner told me it was because they keep a large inventory and sell a lot on the internet. I haven't been in there in a while but they used to have some smoking hot sales girls. Those girls make pretty good money too. A friend's daughter graduated from Georgia around 2003 and was having a hard time finding a job. She worked there for about a year. She made $15 an hour plus commission. I think she made about $45,000 that year and only quit because she got a job in her degree field. She actually took a pay cut but it worked out fine because she met a doctor in her new job and married him.

Yeah Apple products suck, they made 70 billion in profit last year and sold more iPhones than all others combined, but it just selling to fools. My phones battery lasts all day long without a charge. It helps if you know how to use one. Batteries on any smart phone won't last if your surfing the Internet all day. If your looking for the easiest smart phone to use, you better get an iPhone. Droids crash more often and are more difficult to operate. They are just not user friendly!

Get you an iPhone and learn to use it. Then, get you a droid and learn to use it. Most people prefer an iPhone. It's a better built device for sure. The sales don't lie.

Re: I've got a Motorola Droid, I can get 2 days out of it if I don't use it...

Originally posted by JC-DAWG83:
a whole lot. A friend with a new iphone can't make it a full day, if we go to a game in Athens, he has to plug in as soon as we get back to the car. He also says when his gets to about 20% battery life, he really can't make a call that will last more than a couple of minutes or the low battery tone starts going off. Mine will work fine right up until about 5% charge and then it will beep.
I have a new iPhone and it lasts me at least a full 24 hours (without heavy internet activity on on wi-fi).

Tell him to turn it on "Airplane Mode" during the game when he's not trying to actively send or receive calls/messages. Gamedays eat at my battery too because it's constantly searching for a wi-fi signal.

Also, they have free phone charging stations in the stadium, sponsored by a company that makes generators, behind the endzone that is on the closed in side of the stadium.

Maybe/I hope this helps your friend make it back to your car with some juice.

Oh...I believe every word you just said..If I purchased that

watch and brought it back to South Georgia I would be dead in a month.

the growing contingency is the same type of folks who turned against Micro-

Microsoft. They do make good products. I have one for work. The problem I have with Iphone is you can't expand the memory; it's just painful b/c I take a lot of photos. I don't have any room on my Iphone. I have a Windows phone and I put a 32 gig card in it and can take tons of photos and add my own mp3's w/o using Itunes. That's my other beef w/ Apple; I want to load music w/o using Itunes. Fortunately for Apple the average consumer cares very little about these 2 things...

Re: I don't even have an Apple phone or computer, their phone has...

That's just BS. I am an IT guy have had both Androids and Apple phones. Apple is by far the best on batteries.

If you don't like Apple ok. But at least be factual.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT