ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Bidens laptop has some videos with him and underage girl

What did company’s do with the increased profits from paying less in taxes? Did they invest in people, R&D or PP&E? No they bought back shares...so they’ll buy less shares going forward. A tax increase back to the prior rate will have a very small impact in the financial health of these companies and their employees.
Sigh. What “companIES” did varied with the “companIES” needed and could do. If they could do what they wanted with cash, they would charge 2X for their products rather than X. Why don’t they just charge 2X? Because. They. Can’t.

In the short term, they might hoard cash and buy back shares, pay dividends, pay off debt (including buying out pensions), etc. I’ve literally seen it all. Everyone wants to have a cleaner balance sheet.

But over the middle and long-term, everything gets passed down. Because your costs—which taxes and tariffs are part of—all get passed down the chain. And for the same reason that the companIES don’t charge 2X—because they can’t. Over time, prices reflect costs. But tell yourself whatever you need to make you feel better about the fact that you‘re taxing the middle and lower classes.

There is a huge cultural difference between Dems and Republicans on this pandemic. Me and my family are not about to go to any rallies- it doesn't mean we are any less enthusiastic about our candidate. Just look at the small dollar fundraising numbers. Biden is crushing Trump.

and also: welcome to 1986: where we broadcast LIVE and in technicolor. I have never attended a political rally in my life. Likely never will. It’s gross.

There is a huge cultural difference between Dems and Republicans on this pandemic. Me and my family are not about to go to any rallies- it doesn't mean we are any less enthusiastic about our candidate. Just look at the small dollar fundraising numbers. Biden is crushing Trump.
Do you really think all of those small dollar donations coming through ActBlue are on the up and up? If so, it’s not surprising that you believe the bullshit Biden is peddling.

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
and also: welcome to 1986: where we broadcast LIVE and in technicolor. I have never attended a political rally in my life. Likely never will. It’s gross.
I think the preceding poster actually has it right here; if it wasn’t for the pandemic, the rallies would be larger and the cultural difference on attending rallies explains a lot of the difference.

That said, there is noticeably less enthusiasm for Biden than Obama. Most of the enthusiasm on the Democratic side is enthusiasm against Trump, which is understandable.

I think the preceding poster actually has it right here; if it wasn’t for the pandemic, the rallies would be larger and the cultural difference on attending rallies explains a lot of the difference.

That said, there is noticeably less enthusiasm for Biden than Obama. Most of the enthusiasm on the Democratic side is enthusiasm against Trump, which is understandable.

I can’t argue with any of this.

I agreed with the other poster as well... was just editorializing over and above his point re culture on the subject of political rallies generally, which I find artifactual and unappealing (personally) and kind of creepy.

I can’t argue with any of this.

I agreed with the other poster as well... was just editorializing over and above his point re culture on the subject of political rallies generally, which I find artifactual and unappealing (personally) and kind of creepy.
It’s an unnecessary activity. I think there is plenty of room for disagreement with many Democrats on their view of how to handle the virus while balancing economic interests, but a political rally seems like a poor use of your time (albeit one I’m uncomfortable restricting from a First Amendment perspective). My larger point is that Republicans should not take too much comfort from the lack of enthusiasm for Biden, because although no one is crawling over broken glass to vote for Biden, they will absolutely crawl over broken glass to vote against Trump.

It’s an unnecessary activity. I think there is plenty of room for disagreement with many Democrats on their view of how to handle the virus while balancing economic interests, but a political rally seems like a poor use of your time (albeit one I’m uncomfortable restricting from a First Amendment perspective). My larger point is that Republicans should not take too much comfort from the lack of enthusiasm for Biden, because although no one is crawling over broken glass to vote for Biden, they will absolutely crawl over broken glass to vote against Trump.

again, I agree wholeheartedly.

deer lowered the stuff posted about Hunter today, that guy was compromised six ways to Sunday and a blackmail and foreign policy threat if Joe ended up in the White House, thankfully this all came out before the election regardless of the outcome

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT