ADVERTISEMENT

Hush money railroad?

The title itself says your "news source" doesn't understand the crime.

You may question the source or the relevance, but I’ve seen the story in a few publications. The letter went out. May not mean shit. But the letter from the judge did go out.
Not the point. The point is that they keep saying "hush money" trial. That was never what he was on trial for. It's falsifying records.

Reactions: jlstone412
GPgVTJMX0AADY3D

Not surprised. I would think with a deservedly untrusted media and growing use of AI, we'll see more things like this that will become difficult if not impossible to determine validity. We've gone back to The War of the Worlds.

The conviction was for recording the NDA agreement as legal fee’s. It was a misdemeanor but up to a felony because it was supposedly hiding other crimes that were not declared or proven - it was alluded misappropriation of campaign funds - :

Donald Trump was convicted on 34 counts of falsifying business records. Here's a simple breakdown:

1. **What Happened**: Trump allegedly paid hush money to cover up potentially damaging information before the 2016 election.
2. **Why It's Illegal**: He is accused of recording these payments as legal expenses, which is considered falsifying business records.
3. **Details of the Charges**:
- 11 counts are for invoices filed by his lawyer.
- 11 counts are for checks Trump issued.
- 12 counts are for ledger entries showing these payments.

Possible Sentence:

The falsification was allegedly done to hide other crimes, like breaking campaign finance laws. This makes it a felony under New York law.

The minimum sentence for falsifying business records in the first degree is zero, so Trump could receive probation or conditional discharge, a sentence of no jail or up to four years for each offense. Trump would likely be ordered to serve the prison time concurrently for each count, so up to four years, total.

The conviction was for recording the NDA agreement as legal fee’s. It was a misdemeanor but up to a felony because it was supposedly hiding other crimes that were not declared or proven - it was alluded misappropriation of campaign funds - :

Donald Trump was convicted on 34 counts of falsifying business records. Here's a simple breakdown:

1. **What Happened**: Trump allegedly paid hush money to cover up potentially damaging information before the 2016 election.
2. **Why It's Illegal**: He is accused of recording these payments as legal expenses, which is considered falsifying business records.
3. **Details of the Charges**:
- 11 counts are for invoices filed by his lawyer.
- 11 counts are for checks Trump issued.
- 12 counts are for ledger entries showing these payments.

Possible Sentence:

The falsification was allegedly done to hide other crimes, like breaking campaign finance laws. This makes it a felony under New York law.

The minimum sentence for falsifying business records in the first degree is zero, so Trump could receive probation or conditional discharge, a sentence of no jail or up to four years for each offense. Trump would likely be ordered to serve the prison time concurrently for each count, so up to four years, total.
Good synopsis. The official accounting of it makes it sound even more ridiculous. Total abuse of the legal system for political means. Even Trump hating experts can’t find one case of precedent here. Because you know without a doubt if it existed you would see it on every news source.

Some make it sound like Trump was guilty of accosting his daughter in the shower, taking bribes from foreign governments, blatant influence peddling or worse. Whoops wrong Presidential Candidate 😂

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Some make it sound like Trump was guilty of accosting his daughter in the shower, taking bribes from foreign governments, blatant influence peddling or worse. Whoops wrong Presidential Candidate 😂
I must have missed something, but I don't know any candidate who has been found guilty (you know that thing called a court) of that. I do know a candidate who has actually been found guilty in court of a number of charges. Does that ring a bell?

Reactions: jlstone412
I must have missed something, but I don't know any candidate who has been found guilty (you know that thing called a court) of that. I do know a candidate who has actually been found guilty in court of a number of charges. Does that ring a bell?
It does ring a bell. It's your next President

Reactions: -lowcountrydawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT