ADVERTISEMENT

I’m going all cash come Tuesday

OCD, don't do that.

I have a good friend who did the same thing when Obama became President.

He missed out on the Dow increasing from 7,949 on January 20, 2009 to 19,732 on January 20, 2017.

He now admits the mistake, and that he will be working for a bunch of additional years due to his error.

Reactions: shonuff253
I’m selling all holdings and living on cash . I’m going cutback on my retirement gig job to . Biden coming into office and there no need to bust your butt for freeloaders .

I have no duty.
I've done my time.
there is no more money to be made from me.
dues are paid.

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
OCD, don't do that.

I have a good friend who did the same thing when Obama became President.

He missed out on the Dow increasing from 7,949 on January 20, 2009 to 19,732 on January 20, 2017.

He now admits the mistake, and that he will be working for a bunch of additional years due to his error.

This is a different era of people in charge . Obama was somewhat sane . These people are insane .

This is a different era of people in charge . Obama was somewhat sane . These people are insane .
That’s not what republicans were saying in 2009. When the predictions of the world coming to an end don’t pan out, the revisionist history starts.

in fact, given the unprecedented global financial crises and massive over-leveraging in the credit markets that Obama inherited, his economic performance compares quite well to other administrations of the last forty years.

If you have been paying attention, Biden is pulling a lot of the talent from the Obama team. So you can’t really claim that this administration is going to be a bunch of wild-eyed commies coming to take all your money. The Dems are not dominating either house of Congress and if Joe goes wild they will be severely punished in the midterms.

Take a deep breath. It’s going to be ok.

It's would be a huge mistake to get out if the stock market. I know that's the standard mantra for those on the right when Dems come into office but has been pointed out the massive market gains started in 2009 under Obama and continue to this day. No reason to think that doesn't continue. No if Bernie or Warren had won the election there may be a slight reason for concern but I'm not worried at all with Biden. And if he's able to get a real COVID spending bill as a fully-funded infrastructure bill through congress that would be massive for the U.S. economy.

Reactions: celticdawg
That’s not what republicans were saying in 2009. When the predictions of the world coming to an end don’t pan out, the revisionist history starts.

in fact, given the unprecedented global financial crises and massive over-leveraging in the credit markets that Obama inherited, his economic performance compares quite well to other administrations of the last forty years.

If you have been paying attention, Biden is pulling a lot of the talent from the Obama team. So you can’t really claim that this administration is going to be a bunch of wild-eyed commies coming to take all your money. The Dems are not dominating either house of Congress and if Joe goes wild they will be severely punished in the midterms.

Take a deep breath. It’s going to be ok.

Raising gas prices on top of raising gas prices isn’t going to cause much growth . Raising wages is a tricky way of raising payroll taxes. The growth will be flat if not downward . Especially with what we been through .

this will cause other crisis and Joe ain’t smart enough to fix . I have never taken a business class in my life and I even know that .

inflation will raise and we will be in trouble . Those that cash out during Trump tax polices will be the winners . You can only be tax once a capital gains .

I’m heading to the exit and keep my taxes and hope y’all smell the coffee in two years when republicans take the house . Then the White House when Trump 2.0 returns .

Raising gas prices on top of raising gas prices isn’t going to cause much growth . Raising wages is a tricky way of raising payroll taxes. The growth will be flat if not downward . Especially with what we been through .

this will cause other crisis and Joe ain’t smart enough to fix . I have never taken a business class in my life and I even know that .

inflation will raise and we will be in trouble . Those that cash out during Trump tax polices will be the winners . You can only be tax once a capital gains .

I’m heading to the exit and keep my taxes and hope y’all smell the coffee in two years when republicans take the house . Then the White House when Trump 2.0 returns .

if you’ve never taken a single business or economics class, perhaps you are unaware of how monetary and fiscal policy work?

what policies are going to drive excessive inflation? Just moderate increases in the min wage and investment in renewables? Or something broader? Personally, I’m not that worried about the min wage impact on inflation given real wage growth has trailed productivity gains for so long. Stagnant wage growth has been an issue relative to broader economic growth leading to concentration of gains in fewer pockets.

What’s your thought on Yellen’s goal of slightly over 2% long term inflation targeting with a near term focus on reducing unemployment?

Are you concerned with continued fed asset purchases propping up the equity and credit markets? Do you want them to pull back on expansionary monetary policy to reduce long term inflation concerns? I would think that would have a larger near term impact on GDP and asset prices and would not support it.

My only real concern is the impact on earnings from changes in Corp tax rates. We saw a boost in equity prices from the increased earnings with the cuts, so it would make logical sense to see the opposite here. But investor focus really has been far more on long term earnings growth and one would think much of the tax changes should already be priced in today. Then again Im not really a fan of the random walk efficient Market hypothesis and don’t think the equity markets in particular are functioning sanely for numerous reasons.

hard to think going cash is the right move. I need to dump some of my legacy investments in broader energy, but there’s tons of opportunity outside of cash unless you literally want to give up on returns. I know many of you guys are old, so maybe you’re happy with what you have and don’t want the returns (plus the corresponding risk).

Reactions: shonuff253
Exactly. I see huge opportunities in the future. You don't earn shit with your money in mason jars and under your mattress
Which is why the market should continue to see positive results. No other real option right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT