ADVERTISEMENT

I believe this to be the greatest and saddest irony about CFB...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
First, let's be honest about something. We can conservatively observe from life experience that most athletes, who are in the top 10% of those who are getting football opportunities beyond HS, are from less fortunate families. What sucks is to a man (almost) a player's family will push the kid to a school that's better for his football career than the one that will almost CERTAILY likely punch his ticket to a fantastic life. Isn't that supposed to be the point of school?

If every kid who played football in college, majored in football, that major would see 1.6 percent of its students matriculate to their field of study.

First off, Clemson is a fine school, and I'm not even going to pretend to understand his situation at home, but kudos to Bryce Davis' mom for being steadfast in her convictions and urging him to flip to Duke. Make no mistake, Bryce is an NFL prospect... but sometimes it's okay to be an NFL prospect who will likely be a millionaire no matter what he chooses. This shouldn't be a feel-good story, it should just be a story.

The fact that Stanford can only pull (edit: attract) below average FBS players is criminal. That's not a Stanford problem, that's a society problem (lest we forget Stanford's many top 15 classes over the last decade and what Notre Dame does every year).

Fwiw, it's easy for me to say all this aloft my sidewalk perch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.