ADVERTISEMENT

I have a 10yo bottle of 23yo Pappy...

MonolithicDawgX

Three-Peat Enthusiast
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If I win, do I drink it or sell it to pay for my tickets? (Its worth about $2800-3k on the secondary market... Heck, the empty bottle alone on eBay can fetch $800).

Reactions: deadduckdawg
If I win, do I drink it or sell it to pay for my tickets? (Its worth about $2800-3k on the secondary market... Heck, the empty bottle alone on eBay can fetch $800).
Sell it on secondary market, buy yourself bottle of MD 20/20 and call it Pappy Van Winkle. Use the $2,300 to take the points!

md-20-20-orange-jubilee-75cl.jpg

People actually pay that kind of money for booze?......Drink it, poor some cheap booze in the bottle and sell it. Odds are no one will no the difference

People actually pay that kind of money for booze?......Drink it, poor some cheap booze in the bottle and sell it. Odds are no one will no the difference
I’m not surprised you’re also an immoral liar

Sell it. Not sure about your taste in bourbon but unless you like the ones that taste like smoke and tobacco, you might not care for it. I know some real bourbon lovers that have had it that didn’t care for it.

Personally, I don’t like wheated bourbons so I wouldn’t care for it most likely.

Sell it. Not sure about your taste in bourbon but unless you like the ones that taste like smoke and tobacco, you might not care for it. I know some real bourbon lovers that have had it that didn’t care for it.

Personally, I don’t like wheated bourbons so I wouldn’t care for it most likely.

When I bought this bottle I got a 20yo that I cracked open for my poker buddies. I wasn't a big fan. I am a sweet bourbon fan (Four Roses being the sweetest, cleanest, non-rye out there). In Monterrey, MX I have a liquor cabinet in a restaurant with some haughty -taughty tequila. I wish Hals would do the same here so I could display it and reap the envy. Alas, it is hidden away so A) no one steals it if my home is broken into, and B) none of my frequent house guests open it like my 1 of a kind Opus wine some drunk fools opened from my collection without looking... They couldn't tell it from a 3buck chuck at that point.

But I do think I am hoarding some liquor. I have some great pisco I haven't cracked b/c no one here likes it... Going on 2years since I brought bottles from both Chile and Peru to do taste tests. Seriously, no one wants either(sigh).

ADVERTISEMENT