ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg I have a theory on how Connor Stalions was on the Central Michigan sideline in disguise

SanDiegoDawg1

Stranger in a Strange Land
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2015
Our old friend Jim McElwain perhaps was a bit disingenuous about who worked for the school and was "directly involved in the game."

-Bill Kanine, Chuck McGuirk, Kory Mindel, Sean McBride, Mark Bolle, and Tom Murphy were each listed as an "Equipment Assistant" on the official NCAA 1-2-4 (b) form that was signed by Jim McElwain.

However, Bill Kanine, Chuck McGuirk, Kory Mindel, Sean McBride, and Mark Bolle are all older, prominent donors and/or board members at Central Michigan. I doubt any of them were carrying footballs and pads. In that environment, it is certainly possible that one more non-team guy could slip in.

Conor Stalions had a pass that read "VB," which was different than a general sideline pass. A VB, visting bench, pass gave access to the team area between the 20 yard-lines where only the team and staff get to be. There were only 50 VB passes.

#50 was Tom Murphy, another "Equipment Assistant." I have not yet found a Tom Murphy who is a prominent board member/donor at Central Michigan. I wonder if that was Stalions name that day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.