ADVERTISEMENT

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!!

Feel free to preach on -- at least about one particular religious view--, but by God do NOT mention any topic even tangentially political or Dasher and co will bomb your thread to Kingdom come.o_O

As they should.

Well of course. Posters should be not only allowed to, but encouraged, to espouse their particular religious beliefs on a sports forum. But they should know better than to do same re politics.

Of course dont be bringing any of that Buddhist or Taoist or Jewish or Muslim junk on here-- as that'll get straightened out and tossed off real quick. LoL

Diversity of thought on non sports topics is subjected to highly selective disciplinary choices.

Baptist good (Pentecostal better) but *pick your political party or political view, of choice* not welcome. Tooooo controversial! This is a damn sports board! LoL

Reactions: muddawg67
Well of course. Posters should be not only allowed to, but encouraged, to espouse their particular religious beliefs on a sports forum. But they should know better than to do same re politics.

Of course dont be bringing any of that Buddhist or Taoist or Jewish or Muslim junk on here-- as that'll get straightened out and tossed off real quick. LoL

Diversity of thought on non sports topics is subjected to highly selective disciplinary choices.

Baptist good (Pentecostal better) but *pick your political party or political view, of choice* not welcome. Tooooo controversial! This is a damn sports board! LoL

Calm down. If you're so desperate to talk politics I'm sure there are folks on the Chat who would love to waste time talking about it.

Losing both parents to Alzheimer's. They're the kindest, most amazing people in the world. So much for a kind and loving God. I'm not buying whatever Christianity is selling. A kind and loving God wouldn't send people like my parents out like that - just doesn't make sense. It goes against all the rhetoric we heard in church growing up. They're the only family I have - thanks God.

Losing both parents to Alzheimer's. They're the kindest, most amazing people in the world. So much for a kind and loving God. I'm not buying whatever Christianity is selling. A kind and loving God wouldn't send people like my parents out like that - just doesn't make sense. It goes against all the rhetoric we heard in church growing up. They're the only family I have - thanks God.
So sorry to hear that, Ya Daddy. I'm not a particularly religious person either, but I hope you find the strength to deal with your parent's illness from somewhere. That's tough to have one parent going through that, let alone two. Hang in there!

epicurus___why_call_him_god__by_tnactim.jpg

Haha. Man if it hasn't happened yet...
Tell me about it! I live in Tampa, which as you may know, has the moniker of "Lightning Capitol of the US", or something like that. There's basically a whole bunch of damn lightning down here and I've never been struck either, so perhaps we're safe.

Tell me about it! I live in Tampa, which as you may know, has the moniker of "Lightning Capitol of the US", or something like that. There's basically a whole bunch of damn lightning down here and I've never been struck either, so perhaps we're safe.
If you're playing golf and a lightning storm strikes, just hold up a 2-iron. Even God can't hit a 2-iron !

The thing about God is....HE is and we are not. HIS reasons are not our reasons. HIS logic passes our understanding.
I, just like most of you, have been pissed at God before. But, it's like being angry at the sun for shining.
Remember, God is a spirit. HE does not have arms and legs but God has all power. Plus, HE has ALWAYS been there. That is a whole lot of what we call time. Coming to the realization that HE gave us this adventure so HE could experience it through us was an eye opener for me. I think HE got lonely but I don't know for sure. I am sure that is what God is doing.

Last edited:
Religious fanatics and their damn caps lock. Look at any insane Yelp review, 9/10 times it's in all caps. Can't be a coincidence.

Reactions: Bulldawg1971
Religious fanatics and their damn caps lock. Look at any insane Yelp review, 9/10 times it's in all caps. Can't be a coincidence.

I'm not a fanatic and really not even religious. But obviously, you never met HIM. If you did, you'd show a little respect.

HIM? WHO IS HIM? I'm fine with people believing whatever they want. I'm not an atheist. I don't for one second believe in any Judeo-Christian or Abrahamic conception of god. But, coming on here ranting about God and recruits is childish and a gross misapplication of faith or spirituality.

But all you gotta do is ask HIM to come in and be with you. He ain't trying to hide. It is us who run from the truth. Some of us never stop running.

The irony of your post is too thick. Keep believing in your little fantasy to make sense of your existence. I don't need one.

Now you try to scare me into believing as you do by talking about the eternity I'm going to spend in HELL. Go on. See if that works.

Now you try to scare me into believing as you do by talking about the eternity I'm going to spend in HELL. Go on. See if that works.
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to worship someone who flooded a planet and murdered the oldest sons in Egypt. Seems like a good dude

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT