ADVERTISEMENT

I love it when college students protest life

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Barely off their mother’s teat and life is so hard.

Embarrassing for UGA and all the schools

Embarrassing for coaches who get played and leveraged.

Sad.

The narrative doesn’t care our country is reeling from a pandemic. The narrative doesn’t care that people have lost jobs, businesses closed and people are hurting.

The narrative ignores rioting, looting and execution style murders of law enforcement and assumes some sort of righteous vindication.

All this narrative cares about is destroying our entire system.

This is some of the dumbest times in our country’s history. And we drink it like kool aid.

Yeah, college students lecturing me on life..... college coaches scared to lose a recruit.......could not be any dumber.

My son's 14, a great student, decent athlete & we set up multiple college funds for him within 2 weeks of his birth. But the more we look at what's occurring on large campuses across the nation and in our own state we're leaning more & more towards smaller schools & actively working towards college credits while in HS. We've only a few more years to find something. He's pretty good at tennis, maybe not scholly good for UGA, though he's attended multiple camps there, but hoping we can find a smaller school with a tennis program in need of a kid that's pretty good. Any suggestions?

My son's 14, a great student, decent athlete & we set up multiple college funds for him within 2 weeks of his birth. But the more we look at what's occurring on large campuses across the nation and in our own state we're leaning more & more towards smaller schools & actively working towards college credits while in HS. We've only a few more years to find something. He's pretty good at tennis, maybe not scholly good for UGA, though he's attended multiple camps there, but hoping we can find a smaller school with a tennis program in need of a kid that's pretty good. Any suggestions?
Send him to the best "trade school" that you can find. He will learn skills, be happy and probably make a lot of money.

Send him to the best "trade school" that you can find. He will learn skills, be happy and probably make a lot of money.

Yep. I can't turn on the TV or take a ride on an interstate without seeing a lawyer trying to drum up business. Try finding a good welder, plumber or HVAC guy.

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
to echo what others have said about a trade school, if you/him are worried about missing out on the party and girl scene, tell him you know what attracts more girls than anything in the world...money. You know who doesn’t have money, the 28 year old public defender making $55k with $180k in debt.

This. Started working at a Technical College after 33 years public school work. I have a NEW respect for what they do. Incredible job of working with local industries pairing up students and providing the training and skills. County I live in has had several large corporations move in and build 100's of millions of new manufacturing plants from places like Germany, etc... They are BEGGING for good workers. And pay very handsomely. Example: I know a kid who just graduated HS. For two years, he worked as apprentice at new company. Now, they are paying ALL his expenses (everything) for a 2-year stint in Germany. At the same time, he is playing on a regional German soccer team. The company set all this up. In return, he gives "x" number of years to company in engineering leadership and paid big bucks. I know several other kids who are doing something similar. The service industries are great too. The smart kids come out of Tech school, get a good job anywhere from $30-$75 per hour. Beats what I got paid as a liberal arts major coming out of UGA years ago. ))

100’s of millions new manf plants( ? )...I like the idea businesses / corporation providing skills that can provide jobs on par or better than college. Obviously there needs to be more ways of creating and or being educated vs our college system that has and is not getting the job done.

100’s of millions new manf plants( ? )...I like the idea businesses / corporation providing skills that can provide jobs on par or better than college. Obviously there needs to be more ways of creating and or being educated vs our college system that has and is not getting the job done.

The whole college point is getting clouded. There are cheaper ways to fund a right of passage for our children.

One of the biggest shams of my generation 30-40 year olds was being told if you didn't go to college, you would basically be a failure at life.

I hold a degree from UGA (Grady) and am very proud of it, but now, I have no idea how hard I would push it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT