ADVERTISEMENT

I remember...

Coach sUGAr

National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2021
Coach Dooley routinely dropping some inexplicable game to Vandy, Kentucky or Ole Miss.
The entire 1990 and 1993 seasons.
1994 Vandy
1995 Ole Miss
1996 Kentucky
1999 Auburn -- a terrible, terrible, terrible Auburn team -- on our turf
2000 South Carolina
2001 South Carolina
2004 Tennesee -- who we were light years better than
2005 Florida
2006 Kentucky & Vandy
2007 South Carolina
2008 Tech
2009 Kentucky
Pretty much most of the 2010 season, culminating with a 6-6 record and loss to UCF in the Liberty Bowl
2011 Boise St.
2013 Mizzou & Vandy
2014 South Carolina
2015 Florida - Who was terrible
2016 Vandy

And there's only 1 since the true Kirby run began in his second year:
2019 South Carolina

In the last 30+ years prior to the arrival of the Kang, we had many, many clunkers that turned into inexplicable losses. But Kirby has changed everything about Georgia Football. The truth is all teams have those clunkers. Games where they coach bad, play bad, turn it over, have too many penalties. And sometimes another 'lesser' team plays inspired. If you're not a GREAT team, you lose them. Happens every Saturday. The primary reason for this is that Defense travels, and Kirby is always going to put a defense on the field that will keep us in games when the offense sputters.

No one is happy about the clunker on Saturday, but the point is that we somehow find a way to win them these days, and we rarely, rarely don't show up when the lights come on in the big games. Every season has those.

I don't know what will happen in T-town, but I promise you the boys in Silver Britches will show up to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.