ADVERTISEMENT

I usually don’t buy any single stocks and mostly

trillium

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2005
do low cost mutual funds but did put in a little money into IDEX and it made a nice run today . It’s expected to keep rising but who knows with single stocks. Anybody else buy any of this stock? Guess we will see what happens after their announcement of investing into electric tractors.

Reactions: Spe77
do low cost mutual funds but did put in a little money into IDEX and it made a nice run today . It’s expected to keep rising but who knows with single stocks. Anybody else buy any of this stock? Guess we will see what happens after their announcement of investing into electric tractors.
I'd strongly recommend to people I don't like that they invest a whole lot of money in electric tractors.

• Sad
Reactions: Tulsa A. Dawg
I'd strongly recommend to people I don't like that they invest a whole lot of money in electric tractors.
Hey I’m all about tractors and my family sells them but when I bought IDEX it was before they invested in electric tractors but the stock has soared.. investors are really digging anything electric. Heck check out Tesla’s gain, check Nios gain this past year

Hey I’m all about tractors and my family sells them but when I bought IDEX it was before they invested in electric tractors but the stock has soared.. investors are really digging anything electric. Heck check out Tesla’s gain, check Nios gain this past year

Power take off, has that been addressed? Tractors do more than pull although a lot pull. To run almost any implement they need a PTO, and then there is the loader

Reactions: usernameDawg
Power take off, has that been addressed? Tractors do more than pull although a lot pull. To run almost any implement they need a PTO, and then there is the loader

You put on dual tires , front end weights , and fluid in the tires for traction...and you have added a BUNCH OF WEIGHT !

You put on dual tires , front end weights , and fluid in the tires for traction...and you have added a BUNCH OF WEIGHT !

Yeah, I get that, but for what? In wine country tractors pull wagons full of grapes, fine, but in Georgia, tractors have to cut and bale hay. They have a battery tractor with a PTO?

I don't usually do this but MAC, The Macerich Company, is a shopping center REIT which mostly owns Class A malls. They have the second highest rent per ft2 in the industry behind TCO. They own a lot of high quality properties in affluent areas. If this Covid thing gets under control in the next 12-24 months this stock will easily be a 3 bagger from here around 10. If the economy and shopping is forever changed then you will likely lose half of your investment.

The other suggestion I would make is IAC. Diller and Levin are some of the best asset allocators in the world and they are currently looking at spinning off Vimeo.

Of course I liked both of these a lot more a month ago than I do now due to the runups.

Yeah, I get that, but for what? In wine country tractors pull wagons full of grapes, fine, but in Georgia, tractors have to cut and bale hay. They have a battery tractor with a PTO?

Tractor specs vary tremendously , depends on the application and that varies with different parts of the country . For example , in the mid west they use a lot of 4 wheel drive units with 300 and 400 h.p. and let's say in the south east , depending on the crop raised , h.p. can run from 50 h.p. to 300 h.p. and specd differently . As some of you know, the farm equipment industry makes a lot of specialized equipment ...it would be a challenge to put the right battery in the same piece of equipment used differently in different locations .

I'm glad I read this thread. I havent logged into robinhood since getting a new phone. I have 468 shares of idex and boy am I glad to see it soar!

I don't usually do this but MAC, The Macerich Company, is a shopping center REIT which mostly owns Class A malls. They have the second highest rent per ft2 in the industry behind TCO. They own a lot of high quality properties in affluent areas. If this Covid thing gets under control in the next 12-24 months this stock will easily be a 3 bagger from here around 10. If the economy and shopping is forever changed then you will likely lose half of your investment.

The other suggestion I would make is IAC. Diller and Levin are some of the best asset allocators in the world and they are currently looking at spinning off Vimeo.

Of course I liked both of these a lot more a month ago than I do now due to the runups.
Closed MAC today. Hopefully some of you venters profited.

Reactions: Fed_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT