ADVERTISEMENT

I was ambushed at lunch.....went to lunch with some coworkers and they...

fdawg1103

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
....brought up the NCAA tourney and we were all talking about the Dawgs and GSU. Normal stuff. Then one asked about teck and I said they sucked this year but that they beat us so it was kinda hard to talk trash about them.

At that point the ambush started. One of the ladies (our admin ast) asked the question, "if tech was in the tourney and Georgia wasn't, would you root for them since they are from the State of Georgia?" Now frankly, the concept is completely foreign to me and made me just laugh. But as I looked around at the rest of the group (expecting similar laughter), I noticed they were looking am ME with the funny looks. To everyone else at the table, it's the completely NORMAL thing to do - to root for all the teams from your state. I tried for the rest of the lunch to make them understand that tech is the rival - the hated enemy - essentially the scum of the earth, but to no avail. They are all convinced that Georgians should root for all Georgia teams.

Now, I'd sort of understand if we are talking about GSU, or KSU, or some other small Georgia school. I have no ill will toward them and never really cheer for or against them. But tech?? C'mon! No way in hell I'm ever cheering for tech.

One of them asked me if I'd cheer for Russia in the Olympics over the USA. I should have told her cheering for tech is worse than cheering for Russia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News