ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder how many vote on policy and how many vote on feeling?

BlessedDawg

Diehard supporter
Jan 17, 2020
I think most Pubs vote on policy. There might be a few who vote because they like Trump but let’s face it, he’s not a likable person. There’s a fine line with him. I respect his toughness and resilience in dealing with all he’s had to endure the last several years but he can come across as crude and crass. But, some people find him endearing because he doesn’t put up with political crap and doesn’t mind ruffling a few feathers when most politicians would just put out a political statement.
On the other hand, what percentage of Harris voters either support her because she’s a woman, black or because they hate Trump? I just don’t see a lot of policy based Dem voters except for some on abortion. Does anyone really vote Dem because they want more government, a roll back of Trumps tax cuts, higher inflation, higher interest rates etc.
It’s amazing to see how both parties have changed in my lifetime. The Dem party was the party of segregation and then passed social bills that basically bought the black vote. Now, over the years the black population is realizing that they’ve been used and held back by big brother.
Dem used to be the party of hard working middle class families. They have now become the party of fringe extreme groups. Dem used to be anti-war and that got JFK assassinated. They’re now the party of the military complex and seemingly look to keep war stirred up around the world. We’re fighting wars in several places by providing weapons instead of troop and I’m sure that’s perfectly fine with the leadership because it supports the Raytheon’s, Lockheed Martins, Northrop Grumman without sacrificing US troops.

Reactions: oldmandawg
I think most Pubs vote on policy. There might be a few who vote because they like Trump but let’s face it, he’s not a likable person. There’s a fine line with him. I respect his toughness and resilience in dealing with all he’s had to endure the last several years but he can come across as crude and crass. But, some people find him endearing because he doesn’t put up with political crap and doesn’t mind ruffling a few feathers when most politicians would just put out a political statement.
On the other hand, what percentage of Harris voters either support her because she’s a woman, black or because they hate Trump? I just don’t see a lot of policy based Dem voters except for some on abortion. Does anyone really vote Dem because they want more government, a roll back of Trumps tax cuts, higher inflation, higher interest rates etc.
It’s amazing to see how both parties have changed in my lifetime. The Dem party was the party of segregation and then passed social bills that basically bought the black vote. Now, over the years the black population is realizing that they’ve been used and held back by big brother.
Dem used to be the party of hard working middle class families. They have now become the party of fringe extreme groups. Dem used to be anti-war and that got JFK assassinated. They’re now the party of the military complex and seemingly look to keep war stirred up around the world. We’re fighting wars in several places by providing weapons instead of troop and I’m sure that’s perfectly fine with the leadership because it supports the Raytheon’s, Lockheed Martins, Northrop Grumman without sacrificing US troops.
People gonna vote on both. Ready?

- The policy of the last four years has made a ton of folks feel like shit.

Advantage Trump.

Reactions: BlessedDawg
People gonna vote on both. Ready?

- The policy of the last four years has made a ton of folks feel like shit.

Advantage Trump.
Hope you’re right and there’s not that many voting as anti Trump.
They just have little to no policy to base their vote for the Dem.

Hope you’re right and there’s not that many voting as anti Trump.
They just have little to no policy to base their vote for the Dem.
The I hate Trump vote has been baked in since 2020, and that was a razor thin defeat for Trump. He can be an asshole and say / do asshole things. That is nothing new. Which is why I don't understand the latest strategy for Harris to try and pin more negative "look at what he said!" stories on him. You are gaining zero new voters with that.

Since 2020, he has cut into leads with unions / blue-collar, hispanics, blacks, etc......and the approval rating of his first term is at an all time high.

.....and when people are kicking ass financially, they have the luxury of voting on other issues (abortion, mean tweets, etc.)
.....when people are hurting, they will walk across coals to vote against the incumbent, in this case a very un-talented politician.

Expect record turnout and a very large victory for DJT.

Reactions: oldmandawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT