ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone cares about my long thoughts

storagedawg

Doo Doo Ice
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2004
High level overview: we didn’t deserve to win this game. Only natural for them to let off the gas a little and once you do that it’s really difficult to crank it back up. On one hand we did dig ourselves out of a hole , but we also had the advantage of 4 downs of ball and had a success rate there (some by penalty) that we can’t sustain. We are somewhere in the middle of the first and second half teams but we didn’t deserve it. They made contested catches , they forced more turnovers. The can’t get open narrative should die. We have to make better throws and win more contested catches. The wr was open when we threw it straight to 11.

Starks played like poo poo (missed and soft tackling poor ball skills)
Raylen played like poo poo
CJ was a tale of two halves and saved the game (gave us a chance to win) when 24 missed yet another tackle
I couldn’t evaluate the o line
We gotta catch the ball
4 has been a huge disappointment , bad throw that hit both his hands and contested catch he didn’t hang on (gotta bail out your qb sometimes)
84 whiffed and got blown up a lot again, not sure why he plays so much
1 did a lot with a little again in my opinion
17 played really well and lb for lb athletically was our mvp
You guys are two hard on 32 our middle linebackers are getting sucked in and not flowing and that’s why 5 didn’t play much second half, he beat his man a few times rushing passer
Kirby is enthralled with Milroe, gotta stop the spy bs out of fear of him and let it rip , cause guess what he runs around the damn “spies” anyway
I say I couldn’t evaluate line but tackles played better I believe.
4 on D and 6 and 12 didn’t have great nights
Let’s be honest , like it or not the 17 year old kid is a friggin stud, he’s better than any of our dbacks or receivers.
Beck is prob our best option by far but I’m tired of all the sliding a yard short. I hate to say it I don’t like the way the guy dresses like burrow and has a lambo and slides. Maybe we coach him hard to do so because we don’t have a winning number 2, gotta get rid of the ball he fumbled , I think the screen interception may have been miscommunication, the one in 11 chest was horrible wr was open over the top of him
If we throw an underhanded lateral pitch to a running back again I’m fighting bobo at allens until Tolbert beats my ass
8 is not good enough a far cry from past stars
I think part of the problem is Milroe size and running style makes his speed deceptive
6 on offense needs to work on top end speed if that’s possible
We need to work 86 till he can’t breathe
5 needs to play more
Until 22 shows me something love to see 3 get some touches , still think 1 is a stud we aren’t helping much
Last play woulda been nice to break that off for first and 10 from 12 with 40 seconds and two timeouts bad throw by Beck but again 8 didn’t help his qb much on that one or the one Kirby wanted interference, make a day play , their recovers made alotnof tough catches
Didn’t try a field goal
Special teams were not decisive in game either way
I hate the new clock rules
Worst tackling team of Kirby era that I can remember
Where was Damon W
29 was great tonight, did miss a tackle at the end that CJ made behind him but cost us 3 yards
They were healthier than us , all teams will be banged up by the end hope we are as healthy as possible

Ok I’m boring myself at this point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.