ADVERTISEMENT

If you have a vaccine choice what would it be?

BigDawgs2010

Letterman and National Champion
Oct 23, 2010
Kemp has sent J&J to all school systems apparently. And if you are a no vaxer, that is fine but no need to tell us all or politicize the thread.. Just curious as to which people would rather have an why.

Reactions: blackpug6
Kemp has sent J&J to all school systems apparently. And if you are a no vaxer, that is fine but no need to tell us all or politicize the thread.. Just curious as to which people would rather have an why.
My opinion as shared with a teacher relative earlier today:

All three commercially available vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) are wildly effective at preventing severe disease, hospitalization, and death. The two dose vaccines appear to be slightly more effective at preventing mild disease (defined by any symptomatic presentation).

At this point, all three appear to be effective versus emerging regional variants, and while the trial data didn’t principally investigate infection/spread control, it’s logical to assume that all three significantly reduce your ability to carry and spread the virus.

With all that said, if you had equal access to all three options, my preference would be the Moderna product, but if you have the option to get the J&J quickly and conveniently, I would do that and not think twice.

Reactions: JCarbo76
My opinion as shared with a teacher relative earlier today:

All three commercially available vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) are wildly effective at preventing severe disease, hospitalization, and death. The two dose vaccines appear to be slightly more effective at preventing mild disease (defined by any symptomatic presentation).

At this point, all three appear to be effective versus emerging regional variants, and while the trial data didn’t principally investigate infection/spread control, it’s logical to assume that all three significantly reduce your ability to carry and spread the virus.

With all that said, if you had equal access to all three options, my preference would be the Moderna product, but if you have the option to get the J&J quickly and conveniently, I would do that and not think twice.

I actually chose Pfizer over all of them. As I was able to sign up at a local hospital. Thanks for feedback.

I actually chose Pfizer over all of them. As I was able to sign up at a local hospital. Thanks for feedback.
Interesting question. I would have taken any of them if there was a situation where I could get a shot immediately versus have to wait, but with that said, I chose the Pfizer based on some limited research I did. Also, my wife works for a local hospital and they chose to only do Pfizer after initially doing what was allocated to them. Also, Pfizer has a longer track record and has been around longer as a company and was already doing a ton of mRNA research related to cancer cures. I guess one could argue the other side of that equally as well, as we are splitting hairs.
Also, interesting on the news that Kemp has allocated J&J to the schools. My area, North Fulton, or at least the schools in Roswell area did Pfizer, as they had the 3 week interval for shots where we had to do virtual school on those days, and the moderna is 4 weeks.

I'd say J&J if I had a choice, but then like that Rush song says, "if you choose not to decide, you have (also) made a choice." 😁

Pfizer without a doubt, wife and I both got and know of over 20 family that got it and virtually no side effects

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT