ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not gonna go Full-Ghost, but I could. I challenge anyone to find a more violent run blocker through his first 3 years of HS than Gaston...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
In a sea of current and recent freaks, he may be the most overlooked. We've had a lot of players called manchild, road grader, juggernaut, finisher, pancaker... and those terms may not have been more wasted.

He isn't the best in pass pro, however he's a center for Westlake so he has the physical ability.... which is to say, he HAS THE FEET, he's just never need to learn to use them... but man, when you have an 86" wingspan, are carrying around 380 but squat 500+ without much dedication in the gym, can pull, punish, push tacklers to second level/put them horizontal without great technique, you too may have slacked on things like pad level. I just can't find a more punishing run blocker with a similar body of work.
He has stuff that needs fixing... but damn if there isn't better clay out there imo.

I've seen worse 5 star OL's. @JedMay I'm not saying you need to push some buttons, but Gaston's tape needs a deeper dive. The ballyhooed '24 goliaths do not have Gaston's clay.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.