ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine that..Federal Court Drops Hammer on FDA for Pushing False Anti-Ivermectin Narrative on Social Media

doerunn

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2001
doerun and inverness
A U.S. federal court has ruled that Democrat President Joe Biden’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) overstepped its authority by promoting a false narrative on social media about the use of ivermectin against COVID-19.

U.S. Circuit Judge Don Willett, a President Donald Trump appointee, ruled against the FDA for telling Americans to “stop” using ivermectin to treat Covid.

In 2021, the FDA ran a campaign on social media to ridicule people who were using ivermectin as a Covid treatment.

The FDA falsely claimed that ivermectin is a medicine for horses and told the American people not to use it for treating symptoms of the coronavirus.

The federal agency was responding after people were self-medicating with ivermectin amid reports that the drug was highly effective in treating Covid.

However, studies have since confirmed that the drug is incredibly effective in treating the virus.

As Slay News recently reported, one peer-reviewed study found that ivermectin reduces deaths by 74%.

“FDA can inform, but it has identified no authority allowing it to recommend consumers ‘stop’ taking medicine,” Judge Willett wrote in his ruling.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the FDA issued multiple statements discouraging people from taking ivermectin against Covid.

Accompanied by a picture of a horse and a link to an FDA webpage on ivermectin, the agency wrote in one August 2021 social media post:

“You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

The page it linked to is titled, “Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19.”

Ivermectin used to be celebrated for human use. What happened?

A U.S. federal court has ruled that Democrat President Joe Biden’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) overstepped its authority by promoting a false narrative on social media about the use of ivermectin against COVID-19.

U.S. Circuit Judge Don Willett, a President Donald Trump appointee, ruled against the FDA for telling Americans to “stop” using ivermectin to treat Covid.

In 2021, the FDA ran a campaign on social media to ridicule people who were using ivermectin as a Covid treatment.

The FDA falsely claimed that ivermectin is a medicine for horses and told the American people not to use it for treating symptoms of the coronavirus.

The federal agency was responding after people were self-medicating with ivermectin amid reports that the drug was highly effective in treating Covid.

However, studies have since confirmed that the drug is incredibly effective in treating the virus.

As Slay News recently reported, one peer-reviewed study found that ivermectin reduces deaths by 74%.

“FDA can inform, but it has identified no authority allowing it to recommend consumers ‘stop’ taking medicine,” Judge Willett wrote in his ruling.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the FDA issued multiple statements discouraging people from taking ivermectin against Covid.

Accompanied by a picture of a horse and a link to an FDA webpage on ivermectin, the agency wrote in one August 2021 social media post:

“You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

The page it linked to is titled, “Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19.”
Imagine that. Is anyone surprised anymore that what Washington and a complicit media tells us might just be a little tail wagging the dog?

When the media is in lock step with Washington, you should question the message and assume you are being herded.

OP - you should apply for a job in the media, because your "headline" is misleading- I am sure on purpose.

The issue was not that the narrative was false, but that the FDA exceeded their authority with interfering with the practice of medicine.

Let's not rewrite history. While doctors were prescribing it ( and my friend PW has successfully taken it), people were taking it on their own and high doses could cause a problem.

The study mentioned was not even around at that time, so don't try and justify its use based on the study.

I'm not going back and checking, but don't remember any valid study at that time, though it seems like there were poor efforts.

It wasn't illegal to take it. The doctors in the suit suffered consequences so they have a valid argument.

And the FDA was not wrong in saying ivermectin was a drug for horses, though it had also been approved for certain uses in humans.

I get what you are saying, but get all your facts correct.

Reactions: willdup
OP - you should apply for a job in the media, because your "headline" is misleading- I am sure on purpose.

The issue was not that the narrative was false, but that the FDA exceeded their authority with interfering with the practice of medicine.

Let's not rewrite history. While doctors were prescribing it ( and my friend PW has successfully taken it), people were taking it on their own and high doses could cause a problem.

The study mentioned was not even around at that time, so don't try and justify its use based on the study.

I'm not going back and checking, but don't remember any valid study at that time, though it seems like there were poor efforts.

It wasn't illegal to take it. The doctors in the suit suffered consequences so they have a valid argument.

And the FDA was not wrong in saying ivermectin was a drug for horses, though it had also been approved for certain uses in humans.

I think the Duke Study said Ivermectin had a 2 day lessening of Covid symptoms when used post Covid infection which is in itself fairly significant. There were several other concoctions which included Z-Pack, zinc and other commonly used items that were used that worked very well too. Nothing was a magic cure or preventive but big Pharma and Washington elite with the press core seemed to thumb their noises to some successful tonics used pre-vaccination. Good for the judge calling them out.

I seem to remember people being prohibited from buy Ivermectin and docs being sanctioned for prescribing it for use as a covid treatment. It's true that some people bought vet formula ivermectin without realizing the medication wasn't evenly blended throughout the paste and did indeed overdose but I would think the FDA bears some responsibility for that as well.

The bottom line is the FDA and CDC did go on a campaign to discourage virtually harmless drugs that had been known for yrs to have antiviral properties. The onus should be on the agencies that falsely promoted the dangers and tried to discourage responsible use of the products, even if they weren't a silver bullet.

Last edited:
I seem to remember people being prohibited from buy Ivermectin and docs being sanctioned for prescribing it for use as a covid treatment. It's true that some people bought vet formula ivermectin without realizing the medication wasn't evenly blended throughout the paste and did indeed overdose but I would think the FDA bears some responsibility for that as well.

The bottom line is the FDA and CDC did go on a campaign to discourage virtually harmless drugs that had been know for yrs to have antiviral properties. The onus should be on the agencies that falsely promoted the dangers and tried to discourage responsible use of the products, even if they weren't a silver bullet.
And there is only one reason they did this. If these agencies were only non partisan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT