ADVERTISEMENT

Insiders.. how does this affect recruiting

ChopWoodForever

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
All of our recruits are going to see Otis’ post. Although I feel like what he is saying is wrong and probably incorrect, in today’s world that just doesn’t matter. Do you think it impacts us on the trail any?

At the end of the day, the world is a far different place than it was 10 months ago, 2 years ago etx.

I think the effect will be marginal, but I do think people will try to use it against us absolutely.

Reactions: aadco
All of our recruits are going to see Otis’ post. Although I feel like what he is saying is wrong and probably incorrect, in today’s world that just doesn’t matter. Do you think it impacts us on the trail any?
What he say?

It's already started

tenor.gif

I think this is nothing more than a general case of participation trophy syndrome. Kirby wants you to be the best you. You're not prepared to work that hard for him. Kirby's ignores you because he needs the next man to step up. You want to leave because my life sucks. Kirby sits you down and says he believes in you. You still don't want to work so he says bye Felicia. You get your feelings hurt.....

well I’m sure having a thread about it on our recruiting forum is bound to help. It’s nothing but sour grapes from a player who just wasn’t good enough.

So why are y’all already disregarding his comments? Those are his experiences and his experiences shouldn’t be discredited because he left our program.

So why are y’all already disregarding his comments? Those are his experiences and his experiences shouldn’t be discredited because he left our program.

Sorry, but when it comes out months after you transferred for lack of playing time by being passed better players and your waiver is on the fence....yeah, people are going to look at it with skepticism

Let's dig in:
- The racist statements are not one's that CKS can control. We all know what the idiot yelled from the crowd. And we know Fields tried to help him stay on the team, and that his sister still came to UGA aftwards. As for what can be done with day to day racism at UGA, CKS just put up a million, and his record is pretty clear on that. I am guessing the players not trying to get playing time at another school have his back. It goes without saying that I hope every day that racial prejudice ceases to exist at UGA and everywhere.
- Can't control the CCPD, or APD. When it comes to BLM issues the blacks I know who tell me about driving while black concern me the most. I just can't fathom having that fear, or being profiled like that. Let's hope that CKS is doing things with the local popo, but at the end of the day, what else can he do he isn't already doing?
- Contrary to your post, it's pretty easy to discredit his statements when they are obviously made for self gain. He knows CKS can't and won't respond publically. So, yeah, I'll stick with my coach, while also hoping some of the things he said happened either didn't or will get better over time.

I don’t think it’s all sour grapes. I have little doubt he was harassed by the police in more than one occasion. I hope what he said about Kirby isn’t true, but I don’t know either one of them, so I can’t just call Otis Reese a straight up liar. It might sting recruiting a bit. Athens police are notorious, but I hope Mr. Reese realizes there are a lot of police officers outside of Oxford that won’t recognize him and won’t be much different than his encounters with ACCPD.

How is this new? Every recruit that has difficulty getting a waiver makes an over the top claim in hopes of moving the needle. The lack of clear Guidelines forces situations like this and Mays. What is worse is they are often left dangling forever for what should be a quick administrative ruling. Will it hurt recruiting? It sure won’t help and can be used against us. However, the majority of players make it through and we Hama y fine examples like Gurley, Chubb, Michael, and Andrews just to name a few. So we have our side of the story and there is a lot to be proud of...although Athens PD is a little overzealous IMO

Because he's not getting his way & thinks accusing an entire university & program of racism will get things done...knowing that accusing someone of racism is all you have to do these days, regardless of whether it's true or not.
Hate to break it to you but people will lie & make shit up to get their way.
He was/is a bum who wasn't good enough to play here.

You don't know his experiences, he is playing the same hand Fields played. Fields was so upset with us he comes back to visit our coaches, his sister is still here. It's game week and he is playing his last card.

I would show the recruits this. Not just talk, but also action with a $1 million donation.

"Georgia football coach Kirby Smart and his wife Mary Beth are giving back to the University of Georgia, as they are donating $1 million to the school in order to fund scholarships for senior’s whose seasons were impacted by COVID-19, the Athletic Association’s new social justice initiative and the expansion of the Georgia football program. "

“The current moment presents unique challenges for all of us, whether that’s dealing with the ramifications of this pandemic or acknowledging and addressing racial inequality. We hope this gift can fuel positive change in both areas.”

Reactions: ferris and lbfrost
Because he's not getting his way & thinks accusing an entire university & program of racism will get things done...knowing that accusing someone of racism is all you have to do these days, regardless of whether it's true or not.
So how do you know it’s not true? Because he’s trying to play doesn’t mean it’s not true.

recruits talk to players on the team and understand that disgruntled kids leave -if the Justin Fields incident didnt hurt when it happened then Otis bitching about it two years later wont matter.

But by all means, fret about it.

read this below post twice. Also. The DUDE TRANSFERRED TO OLE MISS. not a historically inclusive place
Let's dig in:
- The racist statements are not one's that CKS can control. We all know what the idiot yelled from the crowd. And we know Fields tried to help him stay on the team, and that his sister still came to UGA aftwards. As for what can be done with day to day racism at UGA, CKS just put up a million, and his record is pretty clear on that. I am guessing the players not trying to get playing time at another school have his back. It goes without saying that I hope every day that racial prejudice ceases to exist at UGA and everywhere.
- Can't control the CCPD, or APD. When it comes to BLM issues the blacks I know who tell me about driving while black concern me the most. I just can't fathom having that fear, or being profiled like that. Let's hope that CKS is doing things with the local popo, but at the end of the day, what else can he do he isn't already doing?
- Contrary to your post, it's pretty easy to discredit his statements when they are obviously made for self gain. He knows CKS can't and won't respond publically. So, yeah, I'll stick with my coach, while also hoping some of the things he said happened either didn't or will get better over time.

If Kirby asked him to play out the season and then he would not oppose the transfer and is now opposing transfer?? No way to sugarcoat that..

Reactions: mcantyuga
NO!

recruits talk to players on the team and understand that disgruntled kids leave -if the Justin Fields incident didnt hurt when it happened then Otis bitching about it two years later wont matter.

But by all means, fret about it.
Not fretting just seeing what the consensus on here would be; it’s a genuine question

just another loser victim who is bitter because he can’t get his own way. Good luck in Mississippi I am sure that will be a much better vibe for you! Not

The only thing that will hurt recruiting is losing on the field.. look at that 18’ class.. we win, Kirby is shooting fish in a barrel

Reactions: phoenixdawg

Guess all the current players supporting him are bums too

Let's dig in:
^This.^ Great post. So easy to see the motive, it makes the effort sad.

So, did fields make up that he was called the N word? So, now a black man is lying about his experiences.

And here we go, thinly veiled accusations of racism if you don't believe him..... so f-ing predictable.

Reactions: dogstud
I don’t know Dell but I do think he is one of the best coaches on the team. Do you really think he would stay if this was a big issue? Btw, I am mixed and lived in Georgia. I have dealt with racist people. My question is how do you blame an entire university for one kid’s comment. I thought the university kick him out. I have dealt with good police and bad police. At the end of the day, they are just people. If you let people affect you then they have control over your life. I wish him all the best but I have never heard anyone say Kirby is racist.

I believe history shows that anytime someone plays the race card it generally proves to be a lie.

Reactions: albanyga
ADVERTISEMENT