ADVERTISEMENT

Insight on the Game from the Clempson Site.

FairPlayDawg

Mayor of River Mill
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2019
Georgia
Starts as a discussion comparing the two defensive fronts. Please notice the moderator responses towards the bottom. I can’t wait for the game. Any thoughts from my guys @AgrayDAWG or @HHolland92?

Discussion on the DL’s:

Starting 4 on the DL

DE - Parker

DT - Capehart

DT - Page

DE- Woods

Prayers sent

• Championship quality for sure

• What I like too is that the second string is high quality as well capable of keeping these guys fresh!

• Is that good?? Asking for a friend 😎 Ready for the 31st to get here!

• I love Defense. It’s the one thing about Clemson football that has kept me sane the last 3 seasons.

• With Carter and Woodaz right behind them… absolutely loaded

Georgia’s starting front:

Nazir Stackhouse

Warren Brinson

Mykel Williams

Chaz Chambliss

• Good players, but doesn’t compare to Clemson’s stable on the Dline, starters.. or depth.

• Wait til they get plowed by Tristan Lehigh, Marcus Tate, Ryan Lithincum, Walter Parks, Blake Miller, Harry Sewell

• The others named as their starters, aren’t 1st rounders. Brinson came back to improve his draft status… he’s a good player, so is Stackhouse, but Clemson’s guys are near elite, and they’re 2 deep.

• Joking aside, Mykel will be a 1st rounder.

• Wouldn't be at Georgia if he wasn't. Clemson doesn't have more horses at many spots but nobody in America can hang with our fensive line, especially rotation for rotation.

• I agree, even though it’s mostly off of measurables, hype and projection (not production). He had 25% of his entire 2023 production in the FSU game last year.

• Well they mainly play a 3-4 but this group is pretty good but not near the group we played last time. I do think Clemson and Georgia have two of the best front 7s in the country

• Thanks to some schools splashing cash recently (A&M, USC, Ole Miss) UGA doesn’t have the dudes up front they used to have. They’re still good and talented but not at the level they were

• I’d take Clemson’s corner room, tight end room, and WR room over Georgia’s too

• We’ll see on tight end. Like what we have, but we don’t have anyone like Delp. Of course he won’t have Bowers distracting defenders this year, either.

• Are you talking about the high school version of Delp or what we’ve seen in 2 years at Georgia? I think he probably brings more to the running game than Briningstool, but he’s not in the same league with him as a pass catcher, imo

• Their LB and secondary are elite . Cade won’t be able to stare down receivers this game .

• Safeties, yes. Corners, no. There will be chances to attack the corners if we can keep Cade upright long enough to do it

• This… their corners are a big question mark. Some just assume because it’s Georgia they’re elite everywhere. Big questions at corner, center, and WR for them (MODERATOR)

• The DL's play the OL's. UofGA has the advantage until proven otherwise, I don't care what your star chart says. If Clemson finds a way to win the trenches, then they do have a really good shot a winning the first game and every game after that. Big if. Too many "ifs" on Clemson's side of the ball at the moment...

• Moderator response: Fact and I think both Clemson’s front 7 and Georgias front 7 have less question marks than their offensive lines and give advantage to both defenses in that area

• I think Clemson’s DL will win against Georgia’s OL AT LEAST as much as Georgia’s DL will win against Clemson’s OL. The trench war will pretty much be a draw and it likely will come down to the skill players making plays. It’s really all on Cade in my opinion. Another factor to watch is tackling. Clemson tackled horribly last September and Georgia is as sound as a tackling team as I’ve seen because of how physical their practices are. I’m sure Dabo and co are harping on all the things they struggled with last year so we’ll see what the finished product looks

• UGA is deeper on the DL for sure lol

• Moderator response: How do? Because they have SEC patches on their jerseys. Explain the rationale behind this comment.

• UGA's starting DL/OLB has more total starts than Clemson's DL/DE. A lot more total snaps and experience. Don't have the exact snap counts but I can do that if you'd like. Anecdotally, looking at depth I'm seeing 6.1 top 20 guys like Damon Wilson or Samuel M'Pemba on the second/third string at UGA. Comparing that to wasted scholarship Zaire Patterson, Jaheim Lawson or freshman Darien Mayo. Also on the DL seeing guys like Jamaal Jarrett, Christen Miller, Jordan Hall not starting. That McLeod guy from Camden is a wild card as well. Clemson's DL depth after Capehart/Page/Woods is essentially Vic Burley (wild card due to being out of shape, recovering from injury), Tre Williams (unknown impact due to injury), and Stephiylan Green (promising but zero big game snaps). Then you have freshmen Champ Thompson and HBS. It's not at the same level. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) Clemson's DL is playing UGA's OL... but UGA's DL/OLB are playing Clemson's OL. More unknowns on Clemson's side than I'd really be comfortable with.

• Moderator response: If you’re using rivals rankings Clemson’s OL is higher rated than Georgia’s OL so your argument doesn’t hold water. And Clemson’s coaching on the DL and OL coaching is now superior

• So we're talking about the OL now? As I've said before Clemson's OL is theoretically a strength of the team. In terms of both snap counts and star rating. UGA has some guys too. Believe they have Ratledge who's an all American. Do I think either side will have it figured out week one? Probably not, but hope Clemson does. But I wouldn't put money on it compared to the team who have lost twice in four entire seasons. (Both SEC championships to Nick Saban)

• Moderator again: I'm interested to see how their OL will be. They have same questions we do with less returning starters. New center who is a big question mark. Former 3* guy that many say will be "serviceable" but have not heard much optimism about in articles I've read. And you lose first rounder Mimms at RT whom, as I have pointed out several times, Saban discussed how the OL was not the same when he went out of the SECCG. UGA rushed for 78 yards that game at 2.52 YPC and Bama's rush defense was middle of the pack in the SEC. For comparison sake: The other top rushing attacks they played in LSU and Auburn ran the ball at will. LSU averaged 8.5 yards per carry for 206 yards, Auburn had 244 averaging 5.6. Michigan 130 at 4.0. Tennessee 133 but just 3.5. We will see what their OL will look like against our boys and see if they can generate a run game. Another year out from Monken/Luke and another year with Bobo/Searels. To me those are both downgrades

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.